Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Some Cleaning, Some Taping, Some Relaxing

The Ridge

I was up just after 6:30 on Tuesday, July 18th and found Bill downstairs relaxing in his recliner. He had his second physio appointment this morning so was biding his time. I took the duvet cover from off the bed and left the house to clean just before 7. The Mat was a bloody mess!! Sorry for the language but that’s exactly how I felt.

A beautiful morning
in our neighbourhood.

I walked in the back door and 3 of the 5 carts were all jammed at the entrance and I knew I was in for a real treat today. When you find a pair of boxer shorts, a sock, 6 to 8 dryer sheets and 3 empty detergent bottles on the floor and on machine tops, you just have to grumble at ‘people’. It threw off my whole routine; because I didn’t want any customers to have to walk through all that, I got the broom out first, swept and picked all the crap up. Then started at the beginning. LOL

Let's just say that I left it a
whole heck of a lot cleaner than how I found it.

Vent over. A regular gentleman came in and we chatted while I worked. I believe his accent is Italian but I’m not great at determining accents, so, we’ll go with it. 😊 He took his clothes home to hang on a line and when I finished up, I took the duvet cover home to hang on our line too.

Down our road a bit, 
Gibbs had a dilemma.
"Mom, that THING. It's back!"
Grrrr
It appeared as if he was going to walk
through the tall grass (which he loves to do)
to confront it.
but he turned back to the road.
Safe!!

I returned home at 8:30, and we were already a warm 18C/65F. With a sunny sky and little to no clouds all day, we knew we’d reach the forecasted 22C/72F easily. Bill had unplugged us from power before he left for his appointment at 9 and I sat with Gibs until  I finished my tea. I was going to work at M’s for 10 am so Gibbs and I went for our walk.  Today, I played Master and turned him around to be home for 9:30.

See? Loves the long grass.
Yes, he's had his tick medicine. 💗

A trip to town first in Black Beauty and then I taped around the letters on the back of the VW. It’s a finicky job but I did a great job, if I do say so myself! Next, while M cut his grass, I sanded the plastic door handles and the outside mirror frames. All those will be painted too. This polka dotted car, as he calls it, is really coming along. We need to have it done by the end of the month and I believe we’ll make it! I left at 1 and came home to have lunch with Bill. 😊

While I waited in the truck for M
at Foodland, this parade made me smile.
I love how the little ones here, had to
hold a buddy's hands and they all had
their own water bottle. 
The bigger children behind them, could
walk on their own. 😂

Back at the shop, this is the Jetta
we're working on.
Polka dot with lots of spots that needed
to be putty'd.

He'd been working away, after he returned home from his session, at what we started the other day and we both decided we’d wait until morning before getting back at the ‘job’. That decided, we relaxed for the remainder of the day. I had to walk away from the puzzle at 4:00 or I was afraid I’d have it done in a day. Then I’d have to start another one! I’m actually running out of puzzles to do so may need to stop and see what Robin has in her sale.

This is a Copper Hills puzzle
from Joanie. My last one.
The pieces are large and odd shaped
making it easy to work with.

For supper, Bill grilled sausages. He had his in a bun and I had mine with pepper squash. I’ve been eating too much bread/potatoes aka carbs lately so want to try and slow down – a bit. That didn’t stop us from having an ice cream cone before loading the dishwasher and going about our regular evenings.

Gibbs seems to think he's eating at the table
with us.
Wrong!

Supper - no carbs here
(until I had the cone!)

This was a good day! It is the 18th, the day (in the month) that we returned home to the Ridge. That means it is time to water our little cacti. I’ll have to text our friend, Deb D, to see how hers are doing. We purchased the same little set last time we were in Tombstone. At least ours aren’t dying but with cactus, you never know until it’s too late to give them mouth to mouth. 😊

Good memories with good friends.
I hope I can keep them alive
Good night y'all!

What a great day! PS – Bill is doing well. Has a whole new set of exercises to work on and an assurance that he may be back to work in August. That’s great news!

Thank you for popping in.

7 comments:

  1. That I s sad about how dirty the mat was, but good news about Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People can definitely be disgusting at the laundromat. Same at Bingo. It makes you wonder what they do at their own house. It's funny how our kids remember what was there last time. He was just protecting you, Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Bill is doing well with his physio. Except at the begining, it doesn't seem to have slowed him down too much.
    Goodness, some people can be real pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that people are so unthinking. Leaving the laundry mat a mess is not kind at all.

    Love those little cacti, and I am happy that Bill could be back at work by August. Keeping my fingers crossed for that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete