Monday, July 24, 2023

Ptooties Gets New Shoes, Acting Before the Rains

The Ridge

On Monday, July 24th we were all up before 7. Bill was downstairs already when I got up to get ready for work. I left the Suite at 7:10 and the Mat was empty of customers and in fair condition again. 😊 Just as I was starting to wash the floors, my last chore, one of the regular fellows came in. He did his best to get his clothes in quickly and get out of my way. Nice man, some are totally clueless.

I know, I get it.
The 5 Man Electrical Band said it best
♪ Signs ♪
but, this NOTE is right in front of the 
detergent dispenser!!
Come on!!

Bill had left the Suite shortly after 7:30, I presume, and took Ptooties to Grey Bruce Fleet on the other side of Durham. She was scheduled for an oil change and 4 new Michelins. Once he’d checked in with me that he was waiting for her and I didn’t need to pick him up, I was on my way home at 8:25. I left a clean environment with no new issues for Sandy to deal with. That’s always a good start to the day.

M needed to stop at his friend's place in town
This is his shop next door
He has this '56 Crown Vic, a Fairlane and a Camino
in the garage. Nice toys!

M had asked if I would run him into town at 9:30 so I was able to go and do that before Bill got back home. Bill took Black Beauty over to the Acreage to pick up Gerry’s utility trailer and when he returned, we donned our gloves and went to the end of the laneway. All 3 of us. We had lots of fluids, including Gibbs’ water, and went to work. By then, it was already warm enough that any activity was too much. LOL We wanted to get it done in case it rained all day tomorrow.

Bill, Gibbs and I worked to clear the lane
at home

First load but also half done

It took 2 loads of tree trimming to make the laneway clear enough for the 2 motor homes that will be arriving at the end of this week or beginning of next. It looks much better and we sure don’t want them to endure any scratches from our negligence! 😉 When we stopped, it was 12:30 and we came in to eat but before I could do anything, I needed a cool shower. It was the best resolution for me to cool down.

The last 2 trees up at the top
of the lane

Second and last load

Bill had his right after me and then we had our lunch together. Done for the day! I sat with Gibbs and finished my book. I’ve been so fortunate with the stories I have found, a lot from the library book sales, but some given to me from friends and family. This one was an awesome story! Tiffany Baker – The Gilly Salt Sisters. I’ll keep it for Gayle or Liz. 😊

I'm terrible at making wraps
I always fill them too full and they don't wrap OR roll
This one with lettuce, cheese, chicken, cukes and
tomatoes
Messy but tasty!

Might be hard to see but this tree down by the road
is loaded with apples.
Not perfect ones but always enough for Donna and I
to get some in our freezer or to make apple sauce.

Now, it looks better,
clear sailing.

We reached a high temperature of 25C/75F which is actually perfect summer weather for us. Bill took the trailer back to the Acreage and just after 1 o’clock we got a bit of light rain. It was a surprise so I had to run out and close truck windows and my Bunky windows and doors. It stopped soon after but within the hour the winds picked up and it poured for about 30 minutes. Heavy rain and windy for 10 minutes. No watering will be necessary tonight.

Bill did his own thing
What a perspective this picture has!
His Hangar looks very narrow here.

We did our own thing before supper when Bill grilled sausages and we had Caesar salad on the side. Instead of starting a new book, I went back to crocheting to see if I could create some Worry Worms. I’m not doing very well but they are getting better with practice. Judge for yourself. I still have to add eyes but I’ll have to buy some stick on ones first.

My attempts from left to right

Don't laugh but this is what they're supposed
to look like! 
Hopefully I'll get there.

What a hard day he had, helping us.
He was very good at the end of the lane
when the cars went by, he stayed by our side
as he was told.
That's a big improvement.

Supper was good
No dessert necessary tonight.

This has been a great day. We hate the job of clearing the laneway but are always pleased after we finish. It is a two-for job, 4 hands make for quicker results. Bill’s arms were tired after reaching up with the extended clipper but wasn’t in any pain because of it. He’s hard to slow down, I’ve told you that before! I hope your day was a good one too.

I tell you, we work him way too hard!
Since my book is finished, I'll crochet worms
and watch some tv tonight. 
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

7 comments:

  1. You did a great job of the lane, that would be a hard job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lane looks GREAT!! What a lot of work that was! Poor Gibbs ... you worked him SO hard!! Don't you just love to see them sleeping? I think I would be loading up on those apples. Your worry worms are improving quite a bit. You'll be a pro in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lane looks great, and I'm sure your visitors will appreciate your efforts.
    Funny, I've been making worry worms too! I haven't dropped many yet, just three or four because I keep forgetting them. There are a number of patterns for other small items on the Random Acts of Crochet FB group. BTW, I think the reason the first one looks a little less curly, is the weight of the yarn used. The one on the right appears to be a heavier weight and is perfect for the worms. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the tips. I've seen the other patterns on that site but I'm not that good.....yet!

      Delete
  4. Great job on the lane, glad it didn't bother Bill's arm too much.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete