Saturday, July 22, 2023

Just Like That – Snap! – Saturday is Gone!

 The Ridge

On Saturday, July 22nd Gibbs didn’t get Daddy up until 6:40 and that was a good time for me to get up as well. With laundry and cleaning to do in town, no moment is worth wasting. Bill (& Gibbs) helped sort and spray and after making my tea-to-go, I left the Ridge. Arriving at 7:20, I found the place quite decent for the second time in a row and Dollar Store Dave was loading his washer.

I'm sure they all have a single just like it at home!
Check the washers, people!

With our two loads in, I set about cleaning. No reason to check really, but when I was ready to remove the clothes, one machine didn’t start. Grrr. My cleaning was done except for sweeping the floors, but I discovered the problem, messaged Sandy, and moved the load into another machine. After finishing up, I emptied the Lost & Found Bin into a donation bag.

Ruby made my hair look quite full
and pretty but I'd like you to look beyond
my head.
Look at sweet Jinelle on the sofa.
She has the prettiest head of curly locks ever,
and I told her so!
She had the personality to go with it too.

Well, if anyone is missing socks, I know where they are. They’ve been accumulating for quite a while and today I counted 20 lonely singles. With the exception of 2 ‘newbies’ the rest were discarded and the donation bag went in the back of Ptooties. I’ll drop them off in a box this coming week. I drove home and hung the clothes. It was a beautiful day for it with sunny skies and a slight wind so I knew they’d dry quickly.

I like it!



Bill was off flying, leaving after me this morning, and it was a great morning for that too. 😊 I needed a hair trim/cut/style since the last time it was done was by my own hand in early May, I think. I layered it helter skelter as best I could, which didn’t turn out terrible, and now it has grown again and needs some professional help. I’m feeling cheap, both Bill and I are, so I drove back into town around 10:30 and went to the United Church where Bill went a couple of weeks ago.


Ruby was half way through cutting another lady’s hair so I sat and waited listening to them chit chat. When it was my turn, I explained about wanting layers at the back, short and long ones, but not much off the length overall. She’s a sweet lady and was in no hurry, taking the time to tell me what she was doing while we got to know each other. This cut is all by donation so I knew I’d leave $13 in her jar.

I returned home for lunch
Filling but not sustaining, not enough fat
in there.(chicken and cheese).

When she was done about an hour later, I was pleased and I could tell she liked it very much. They take pictures to put on their page for advertising the ‘haircuts for a charity’ and then I took my own here at home for my blog. I had my salad plate for lunch and then sat with Gibbs for a while. I felt knackered for some reason! Gibbs and I went for a nice long walk as far as M’s and back before Bill texted that he was 2 minutes away. By that time, we were back inside relaxing.

Gibbs and I went for our walk

He forgets that the farther we go,
the farther we need to return when
he's hot and tired. 💗

Heading home again

He had a sandwich and then suggested we hop on the bike to ride to Harriston for the electrical plug he couldn’t get in town yesterday. He didn’t have to ask me twice! We were geared up in our leather boots and jackets and it was a lovely drive. Gibbs wasn’t happy by the sounds of his hound dog rendition at the window, as he was left in charge.

Gibbs checking out the wheat

It's an interesting grain


















On the way home, Bill pulled into our favourite fast food joint, Jenny D’s, for supper. We tried their fish and chips and oh my goodness! They are just as good as we’d hoped. Back home, Gibbs was happy to see us. Bill went to the Hangar with Gibbs to charge things for morning flying and I brought the clothes in. I usually fold as I go but there were little black bugs and flies all around my head, face, eyes and bare arms! I threw things in and returned indoors.

These were awesome!
Haddock and fries.

Donna and Gerry  invited us over for a fire tonight so we put the clothes away and headed over for the evening. This was a good day and I am sporting a new ‘do’. A little shorter than I’d planned but it’s hair, it will grow.

Dad in the Hangar, Mom inside the Suite
Gibbs on duty in the middle
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around.

10 comments:

  1. I have felt very tired today, and I am blaming the heat as I really was a slug today in the grand scheme of keeping the old homestead up and running.

    Love your haircut and you paid a great price.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, we just need to give in and rest when our bodies tell us to. I'm sure it will pass and you'll be back to your ambitious self again soon!
      Thank you re the haircut.

      Delete
  2. Very nice haircut for a great price!! I can't wait for cooler weather so Coop and I can take a walk. He's such a good watch pup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new do looks great! Glad to hear you were able to get out on the bike for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a wonderful day 💗 😊

    ReplyDelete