Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Another Good Day!

The Ridge

On Tuesday, July 25th there was no real rush to get up and moving. Bill was downstairs again when I moved around 6:45. Next thing I know, I’m getting my morning puppy dog hug as Gibbs flops himself across my chest with his soft smelling fur in my face. When he leans his head back for a kiss, I am always prepared for his kissy lick in return.

Mornings and skies like this
make me want to say
Hallelujah!

I didn’t have to report to work at M’s until 10 so had a leisurely couple of hours with my tea and Gibbs. I got my online word games out of the way early too. Bill went out to ‘do some small things’. After the physical morning yesterday, he was going to take it easy today. 😊 When I went out after my tea, I saw Bill was cleaning out the storage shed. A job he’s been wanting to do since we came home. It inspired me to straighten and clean the Bunky too.


The BMW is a nice little car
to sand.
The European paint makes a huge
difference from what was on the VW.

At 9:50, I drove around the corner. Today, I worked in the 2nd bay on a ’86 BMW. I began sanding it last summer/fall (yes it has been here for a while). M had it jacked up so it made it easier for me to reach the lower doors and panels. I had 2 ½ hours just air sanding with a bit of taping and it is almost done. 😊 That’s a good feeling. There is the roof to do yet and some small areas around the windows that need hand sanding.

Gibbs and I walked down to check the mail
and then on further to the corner.

I was hot and dirty again when I returned home at 1 but it felt like a good shift, not a difficult one. We had lunch and I moved my plants around to the front of the Bunky. Later, I decided to leave them there where they’ll catch the sun first thing in the morning. The tomatoes are growing but a few of the lower leaves are turning yellow. Hmmm. I removed those stalks so the nutrients would go to the healthy ones. The peppers are flowering with a couple of wee vegetables showing.

The apple tree down the road
is also loaded

What's strange is that they are already
starting to ripen.

Gibbs and I went for a walk but that was after we sat inside, in the cool a/c for a while. It is a hot day to be outside doing much, Nancy K, don’t laugh, but a humid 26C/80F is dang hot for us Canadians. 😊 We’ve got a few hot days coming up so the a/c will be made useful. I must say that getting my hair cut was a wise choice as working in the shop or outside, having it off my neck is a blessing.

While i was making supper,
Gibbs wouldn't eat his until he went outside
for a romp in the grass
after which he came back in and
promptly emptied his dish. ♥

For supper, we had fish, fried potatoes and Caesar salad with a piece of the second cheesecake for dessert. It was all very good. Bill did his exercises after dishes and I went out and closed up the Bunky and the bike shelter for the night. No rain expected tonight but we like things shut up so critters can’t get inside. I made a couple more of the Worry Worms, and thank those of you who offered support and tips for my attempts.

This was a tasty meal.
The fish was perfect!

And the cheesecake as well. 😘
Good night y'all!

What a nice day!

7 comments:

  1. 80 DEGREES!!! That's what I keep my HOUSE at! LOL. Not humid here however, so that's the big difference, but stepping into an oven every time you open the door isn't exactly my cup of tea. Dinner looks delicious and oooohhhhh that cheesecake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nancy - the cheesecake looks wonderfully delicious! (Good thing you made 2 😊). Gibbs makes for good company, stay cool up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, we are doing our best to stay cool here in Ontario!

      Delete
  3. The lower leaves on my tomatoes are also turning yellow. I'm not sure, but assume that's because the plants are busy putting efforts into the growth and ripening of the fruit. My pepper plants have a single pepper on them this year. I'm disappointed as they did so well last year. Oh well, they were grown from seeds I saved so I'm happy with what I'll get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I mean, I'm glad I'm not alone with the yellow leaves. I thought that if I removed them, the goodness would go to the healthy stems and fruit.
      I think I might need bigger pots next year but I guess I should wait and see how many tomatoes and peppers I actually harvest. ;)

      Delete
  4. Today we hit 92 with the humidity. Still it was cooler than yesterday. We have trees turning colour as well. I think is is because they are stressed from lack of rain. I have yellow leaves on my eggplant as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete