Sunday, July 9, 2023

The Weekend Ends on a High Note

The Ridge

On Sunday, July 9th Bill was up first. Gibbs slept in until 6:35 which was nice. Bill stayed up and Gibbs and I slept for another half hour. I felt like having a bowl of Life cereal this morning, so that’s what I did, while Bill had his. He was all ready to go before 8 as Black Beauty was still hooked up to the cargo trailer.

A morning walk for a change

Gibbs and I sat while I finished my tea and then I slipped on a light jacket and we went for our morning walk. I haven’t made too much of a commitment for walks lately and I’m sure Gibbs is fully aware of my absence of energy. 😊 We walked to the corner before we turned around for home. I let him off the leash to come up the lane and he walked slowly within 2 feet of me.

At least I know how to disassemble
and reassemble a dv player now. LOL

We have a new collar for Gibbs, one that only makes a sound and vibrates and only when we use the remote to do so. It isn’t a bark collar, it is a correction collar for when he strays to the far field, over the fence or wherever he is out of sight and does not respond to our call. It arrived Friday and he is the best little guy since we started using it. We only put it on him occasionally but are very impressed. He does not get a shock or a static buzz. 

the drive to Gayles

So, today, one of my goals was to tidy the Bunky and I did that for about an hour. I wanted to test the old dvd player out there and when the tray wouldn’t open, I took it apart to see what the problem was. Then, 8 tiny screws later, out and then in, I was no better off. The player is toast but at least now I know. No point in it taking up space.

Gibbs was such a
good boy

It looked like it might rain but by the time Bill returned from flying, we had nothing. It was a mild enough day but not a lot of sun today at all. Bill and Gibbs dozed upstairs while I made rice pudding for supper. We were invited, along with my 2 other sisters and hubbies, to Gayle and John’s so Donna and I contributed with the dessert portion. 😊

It was a wonderful meal.

L to R
John, Gerry, Bill, Cathy, Gayle
Donna, Bill

L to R
Donna, Patsy, Bill, John, Gerry,
Bill, Cathy

Gibbs was invited and with his collar on him, he behaved so good. We had a lovely visit and a delicious meal of roast, potatoes, turnip, carrots and corn. Yum! A true Sunday night meal. It was mainly a get together but they also wanted to share the information that they’d sold their house. Well, we all knew (sort of) but now seeing the sign, it was official. Congratulations!

As we ate, Gibbs slept under the table
I'm sure the calming effect is from the collar

We left around 8 and when we got home, Gibbs ate his supper too. It was a good day and a nice way to end it with family.

Top picture - SOLD property
Bottom picture - the drive home
Good night

Thank you for your visit!

10 comments:

  1. The suspense,lol! They have sold their house,- so what are they intending to reside in? The dinner looked great,the Ridge looks great,we just need consistent summer.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all the 'greats'! :)
      They do have their 5th wheel trailer which they live in all winter in Mexico. Closing is a month and a half away so they are busy looking for the house that will suit. They need something smaller with less property to look after. ♥

      Delete
  2. That collar sounds like just the ticket. Dinner looks yummy ... what a nice get together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so far it is working well. Thank you, it was great to get together in their home - one last time?

      Delete
  3. So nice to have family near by to enjoy some great-looking suppers with and a chat never hurts either. "Good boy Gibbs", and I'm sure as he gets older he'll mellow out even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, we were all so far apart before and now all but 2 are within an hour's drive of each other - for now. :)
      Gibbs is a good boy with a few issues. We sure love the little bum.♥

      Delete
  4. I've just caught up on several days of your daily reports. You've been busy, but had some lovely down time too. Glad to hear that Bill is healing and physio went well.
    Like the first comment, I'm curious, where will your sister and her husband live now? Are they going to RV full time too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered above but they may need to live in their rv until a new house is found. We have offered the Ridge if they need it in the meantime. :)
      Thank you, Bill is certainly making progress!

      Delete
  5. How nice to have your sisters close by. Both my sisters and Jerry's sisters are 8 - 12 hours away. No Sunday dinners for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it never used to be that we were close so it is nice now for sure.

      Delete