Thursday, November 9, 2023

A Full, Fun-tastic Day!

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Nov. 9th our day was full right from the get-go. We were all up by 6:30, Gibbs let us sleep in until 6:20, which was very nice of him. 😊 I made my tea and sat to play my Wordle games. My brain hasn’t been working great on these things lately, so I need to dig in as soon as I can in order to get them finished. Bill left for the field and the pooch and I went for our walk.

A lovely morning again,
blue sky and sunshine
One could get tired of this.............nah, NEVER!

It was a mild morning, clear sky and around 52F/11C. The fact that there was no wind to speak of, made it a nice temperature for walking – or flying – or doing whatever outside. Around 9:15, I walked over to the clubhouse for Ladies’ Poker Pool. There were 7 of us again, no Dora but instead Cyndee joined us. She’s quite the chatterer, something to get used to, but we welcome any newcomers who’d like to partake.

Let the games begin!
Barb concentrating on which ball to aim for

The good news for me is that instead of coming in dead last, I finished in 2nd place. It’s hard to beat Susan, we affectionately call her our Pool Shark, and I doubt I will, so coming in 3 points behind her gave me a boost. 😊 The luck for me (it isn’t much skill) is getting the right cards but boy, do we have fun! It is such an enjoyable morning with these ladies.

Back home around noon, Bill was back home too. We had lunch, toasted tomato sandwiches (mine on keto bread) today. Because we were having company later, I stayed home and painted a couple of rocks before packing things up. With the wind this afternoon, which had picked up a fair bit, we situated our chairs in the gazebo for our company.

Lorne and Sue's on left with CJ's monogram
Tom and Deb's on right, it is in the shade so colour isn't 100%
Not to be outdone, Black Beauty on far right

poor Deb K, she is under there somewhere.
Gibbs is happy though

Tom, Deb, Deb and Riley arrived first. One bright lemon-coloured Jeep pulled in behind Black Beauty. Within just a few minutes, another bright monogrammed bumble-bee coloured Jeep pulled in beside the first. Lorne and Sue have arrived. Gibbs went crazy, naturally, trying to greet everyone – many times – almost pestering. Riley didn’t mind his affections but he just couldn’t seem to settle down.

Top photo: I reached up over my head to
take this 'selfie'
Bottom photo: Lorne and the Deb's got their
cameras out too
One of us will get a good shot
L to R: Riley, Deb D, Sue, Lorne, Tom, Bill, Deb K, my head.

After a couple of hours, maybe less, Bill put him inside with a treat. This was a fun Happy Hour with dear friends whom we have met over the past 7 years. There is nothing like it and a lot of stories were told and a lot of reminiscing happened in those 3 hours. It was a joy to have them all here. 😊 They left around 6 .

These two made me laugh
Lorne and Deb D trying to get that group
photo
Or maybe they are taking a selfie of themselves!

Neither Bill or I felt like barbecuing burgers in the dark so we agreed on tomato soup and cheese bread for supper. Temperatures were also dropping quickly so we were happy to get indoors for the evening. Such is life in the desert! Hot/warm days and cool nights. Great for sleeping, as Sue says. I wrote a quick blog and relaxed for the remainder of the night. 

As we gathered in the chilly night air,
to say goodbye
This is all I captured of the after-sunset.

It has been a very full, very fun day.

A simple but quick supper.
Works for us!
Good night!

Thank you for popping in.

9 comments:

  1. So awesome that you were all able to get together, I wish we were in Quartzite and could have joined you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again very soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don’t tell Lorne but I’m glad ya beat him with the pics 😝😝

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another great day in the desert. Always fun to get together with friends one hasn't seen in some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always wonderful to meet up with friends. It soGunds like a great time was had by all.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those photos with everyone looking at their phone! I was wondering where Mr. Gibbs was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are enjoying poker pool. Looks like a great group of ladies. It's always nice to reconnect with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting a great Happy Hour, what a fun evening. We really have got to stop looking at our phones all the time...LOL I will just go ahead and admit I stole your picture of the Jeeps with Black Beauty. It will be seen again.

    ReplyDelete