Sunday, November 5, 2023

Taking it Easy on Sunday

Park Place RV Park

On Sunday, Nov. 5th Gibbs didn’t get Bill up until 6 am, which was getting better. Taking him out later at night seems to be helping. Of course, he can only ‘hold it’ for so long! 😊 I got up around 6:30. It was a slow day today so after Bill left for the flying field, with my tea done, Gibbs and I took our walk. After 8 and before 10 is the best time before the day heats up.

I love pictures of the sun through
the palm trees 💗

The forecast was for 89F/31C and I can tell you that we easily reached it. No breeze either, or none to speak of. Gorgeous! We haven’t put the a/c on yet, we don’t usually do that until March but we’ll see. We can hear them running in units around us. If I close blinds in the Suite before 9 and turn the fans on in the morning, it isn’t unbearable inside for the day. (even though the temperature rises higher inside than out!)

This is how far I got this morning
Still 2 or 3 pieces missing in the border

After our walk, I went to the clubhouse. I was committed to getting this puzzle past the halfway mark and that meant finding ALL the border pieces this time. 😊 I worked at it for a couple of hours before coming home to have lunch with Bill. A quick drive to Roadrunner Market for the first time this fall to pick up bread and milk. Prices are so-so but better than if we had to drive to Parker for a couple of things.

Then it got cloudy.
Yup, this is it. Just a pouf.
It was a beautiful day.

Back home, we all stretched out in our recliners and had a siesta. Bill worked on his ‘new’ to him plane while Gibbs watched. I went back to the puzzle for another hour and a half. The border is finally done as is the bottom half of the picture. 😊 

Now I have a fighting chance at getting
it done tomorrow, or Tuesday.

A peanut butter puppy cookie.
Look beyond it to the doorway.
I was making my tea and someone was waiting
for his 'cookie'

It was a nice afternoon

Back home, the three of us sat on the patio, in the shade.  It just felt wonderful to sit, read and have my tea with my sweeties in the afternoon’s warmth.

Our easy supper

For supper, around 6:30, we had toasted tomato sandwiches and a piece of Roadrunner’s fresh baked cheese bread. With dishes were loaded, and while I worked (slowly) on my blog, we watched the movie A Million Miles Away. It is based on a true story about Jose Hernandez, the first migrant farm worker to fly into space. 😊 A great movie.

These days are really tough, apparently!
Good night!

This was a really easy-going day, thank you for popping by!

12 comments:

  1. I love puzzles. I just won a small one at our last campout a few weeks ago. I think I would enjoy the ones you mentioned. They look challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have gotten so much done on that puzzle in two days. I am glad you have had a lovely restful day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a brilliant idea. I'm going to jot down what you guys eat for dinner and make it for me the next night. Your's always looks so GOOD!!! Nice day at the puzzle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are brilliant but seriously, I know others eat much better! Haha 👍 😄

      Delete
  4. Wow. Good thinking Nancy. You are really getting that puzzle done quickly. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice of you to make Gibbs his own cookie,Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Mary. We buy them from Walmart, so I'm not a nice as you think!😘

      Delete