Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Puzzle Progress, Friends Arrive, That Sky!!

Park Place RV Park (Blogger is really giving me grief - hence the late post)

On Tuesday, Nov. 14th, not much changed. Bill was up first with Gibbs at 6:15 or so and Gibbs returned to bed with Mama. 😊 Sometimes Bill dozes downstairs in his recliner before we get up, other times he catches up on his phone ‘news’ or shops. We were up by 7:30, refreshed and ready for he day. I slept really well, not waking or moving once until 6.

Good morning!

By mid to late afternoon, clouds had moved in
but it was still a warm 80F/27C

Gibbs and I went for our walk after I finished my tea. It’s all pretty routine here, not much changes but oh, how nice not to be getting up for work – neither of us! After we returned, Bill had left for the field, I sat with Gibbs until 9:30 when I walked over to the clubhouse. May as well see what I can do on the puzzle. I’d make good progress on a second row of pieces around the border and knew the easy part was done.

I sorted the pieces into sections, labelling them A, B, C, D, E and H (according to the back side of each piece). This would help us get these 1000 pieces into place a whole lot easier. Cheating? No, just a little perk along the way. Why else are they marked as such? 😊 At noon, I’d reached the centre, connecting it in section C/D to the border. Yay! I came home and had lunch with Bill.

The sky was something else today

It was after sitting with Gibbs for a while outside that I returned to work on it some more. I’m addicted, I guess, but I like what I like and it isn’t harmful! Ha ha. The ladies and gent were playing Pokeno so I used my ear buds and listened to one of Mitch Albom’s podcasts while I worked. It blocked out some of the voices and it was nice to get back to those podcasts again.

While there, I had a message from our friends, Elva and Jerry, around 2:30 that they had arrived at the park and were setting up. She wasn’t sure what site they were on so after 3:30, Bill, Gibbs and I went for a walk. 

Bill and Jerry

Gibbs found a comfortable lap
Although 'no kisses' were allowed, he
fell in love with Elva.♥

We were looking, incorrectly, for a truck camper and needed direction from Patti and John as to which site they were actually parked on. 😊 Found them and had a nice visit inside their beautiful motor home.

Didn't take him long to get settled

Gibbs was happy, as he got attention every which way. First from Kobos and Carol Ann at the back of the park, and then from the Shannons’. He took a real liking to Elva and settled himself on her lap.  

We walked down the few sites to our home at 5 and it was nicer outside in the shade than it was indoors so we sat until 5:30 when it was time to start supper.

A quick snapshot of Elva and Jerry's rig in the
sunset
And a quick picture of ours
with Gibbs on duty.
"Whatcha doin' Mom?"

Air fried chicken legs, potatoes and our vegetable. It was ready around 6:30 and it hit the mark. It was very good! We cleaned up dishes and relaxed for the evening. It was another good day!

Everything was delicious!
Good night!

Thank you for your visit!

7 comments:

  1. WOW ~ the puzzle is coming right along! Wasn't the sunset terrific last night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really moving on that puzzle. Good work.

    Gibbs looks very contented on that lap.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had help today on the puzzle.
      Gibbs loves a welcome lap and a petting hand.

      Delete
  3. It was very relaxing to have Gibbs sitting on my lap. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete