Monday, November 6, 2023

Quick Return, Determination and Beautifying the Suite

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Nov. 6th Bill and Gibbs were up before 6:30 for their first outing. I never heard a thing, deep in the throes of a dream. I only remember that I was with my sisters, and of course, I kept getting lost. Anyway, it wasn’t a bad dream but it held me deep in sleep until at 7:00 I seemed to bolt awake. That’s the heaviest sleep I’ve had in a long time.

We're b-a-a-c-k!

Gibbs was beside me offering up his morning kisses and snuggles and like nothing else, that woke me and we got up. 😊 Bill was eating breakfast and readying for his morning of flying. I had Ladies Poker Pool this morning, this would be our first one together, and was happy about that! After tea, Gibbs and I did our usual walk around the park, and then greeting Gerald, which is always part of that walk before we returned home.

The Poker Pool Ladies
in their new hats

I was surprised when Bill drove in at 9. He did not have a good time today and it made me sad that he had a plane to fix – one day – and no others ready to fly. He can get into that on his own blog but for me it was poker pool time! I took my stick and met the girls. Today was a lovely surprise because there were 7 to start and then 8 when Dora joined us.

Dora was the most
co-ordinated player today!

Sheila gave us all a sparkly hat that were specifically for the L.P.P. players. There is even one ‘GUEST’ hat to wear while playing. 😊 We had a great laugh and got pictures. I was much better today with my new cue stick but I still lost with a score of 14. Low number wins. We all had fun, right back into the swing of things. Home for lunch and then around 2, I went back over to work on the puzzle. Bill was busy with things at home, unrelated to flying, and surprised me when I returned each time.

Nice from the outside, for sure

The toilet valve does not seem to hold water, it’s the second one we’ve had, so he cleaned it, hoping for the best. He removed and cleaned our Fantastic Fan in the kitchen area, it gets used a lot and when I came home before 4, I was thrilled to see our new door window replaced. What do you think? I love it! ♥♥♥ It makes a huge difference, inside especially.

From the inside, it's beautiful!

Bill had closed things up after lunch and turned the a/c on so that was good for them here at home. I had plenty of a/c in the clubhouse. 😊 I took Gibbs for a quick walk around the park, inside the perimeter this time, and then home. The puzzle is done, by the way, I couldn’t walk away with just 25 pieces left so stayed to finish it. I was determined! Now, the girls can help pick a new one, one they haven’t done yet.

Done

For supper, fish and chips was on the menu. It is never a disappointment and today was no different. We reached a high of 91C/33C with a nice breeze. It will cool off a bit tomorrow by a few degrees and then dropping into the mid 70’s/20’s for 2 weeks. Overnight temperatures are between a pleasant 61F/16C and cooler 46F/8C. We’re happy with whatever we’re given. The big ball of sun each day is invigorating!

A good supper
Good night y'all!

Thank you for stopping in today. Tonight, we watched a movie together called The Ultimate Gift. It's another good one! Your comments are appreciated and I try my best to respond in due time.


15 comments:

  1. So nice to hear of your lovely days in the sunny south!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon and Jim above. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a group of pool players!! That door window looks fantastic. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the window from inside!! Nice job on the puzzle too. (wish the table cloth was a solid color) Great hats for the pool ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree about the table cloth but unless i buy one, they don't have solid colour ones other than those flimsy occasion ones.

      Delete
  5. Really like the window.....it will always remind you of the fun
    days in Arizona!
    You gals look like hot pool sharks... lol.... looks like great fun!!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The window is very pretty!
    My goodness you amaze me with your ability to complete the jigsaw puzzles so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous window. And lots of new players!!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we really like it.
      It is rare to get all 8 of us to play at once.

      Delete
  8. Very pretty window!!! Look at all you pool players. The hats are great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete