Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Cold, Warm, Cool. Bread and Squares.

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Nov. 29th we edge towards the end of the month and what………26 days to Christmas. Until I get my decorations up, it just doesn’t seem like it here. I don’t need snow to make it feel like the season is upon us, just decor and music. We woke up to a chilly 43F/6C with partially cloudy skies. The forecast was to reach 67F/19C but we’ll need sunshine to make it shorts weather. 😊

My walk with Gibbs

My walk with my shadow mate

Bill had his shower first thing and then after he left, Gibbs and I went for our walk. I had shorts on and many top layers to start but when we returned from our walk, I slipped into long pants and walked to Family Dollar. They didn’t have all that I was looking for but I did find a few things before returning home. The sun was out by then, an hour later, and I was feeling warmed up. At 10, I walked to work on the puzzle and among the 3 of us, we had it finished shortly after 11:30.

Zooming in across the way to the
Q Mountain. Fond memories of climbing
that with Bill, Gerry and Melinda in 2016/17.
Our first year.

Back home, Bill was smiling. That means good news regarding his luck at the flying field. 😊 We had lunch, salmon sandwiches, and then I began my second loaf of bread in the bread maker. I went outside to the gazebo but wasn’t really in the painting mood. The sun had disappeared again so it felt cool.

The barbed wire fencing keeps you out of
well, nothing really. πŸ˜‚
But it does remind me of days on the farm.

The boys were sleeping inside so I came in quietly and began my blog. By the way, I’ve been watching my series, Justified, and doing some binging. Raylen Gibbons is quite entertaining. Thank you, Sue! I’m pretty sure that Billy the Kid is available to me again too. Our afternoon followed the regular normality with the exception that I made Peanut Butter Rice Krispie squares for a change. We just happened to have the right ingredients.

Bill charging batteries outside
with his bright Piper Cub at his heels.
Things are good today.

After my tea, Gibbs and I walked before I started warming up supper. Everything was leftovers except for our vegetables. We finished the meal off with a piece of pie tonight. Everything was good and filling. The package I’ve been waiting to be delivered back home is giving us grief. Well, not the package, but our Priceville post office. Seems they have a glich and our forwarding info has not gone through. We’ll check tomorrow and will know more then.

This sky, on our afternoon walk, is
incredible! Look how the sun is just dropping
below the rim of clouds.

My little walking partner beats
a shadow mate any day. πŸ’—

Bill loaded the dishwasher and I finished my blog. After supper, we had a really nice phone call from our friends, Dave and Cheryl. Still back in Canada, it was wonderful to hear their voices. 

Tonight's supper.

This has been a good day, relatively quiet. I hope yours has been a good one as well!

Today's creations.
Good night!

Thank you for popping by.

6 comments:

  1. It was an interesting day weather wise. When the sun was out it almost felt hot then it would slip behind a cloud and I could immediately feel a chill. Your creations look tempting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice Krispie treats??? Yes please! Love the color of Bill's plane. It's nice he's back flying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope the weather improves for you soon. We're sitting at just the freezing mark in the daytimes for the next week or so. Definitely warmer than we're accustomed to but I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our local flying club grounds are for sale for "development". The property is surrounded by new subdivisions being built. I wonder if it is still a functional club anymore? The sign on the gate is still there but it is looking very worse for wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you make your salmon sandwiches? Sort of like tuna? I wouldn't mind a rice krispie square right now.

    ReplyDelete