Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Temperatures Drop and Winds Rise, Albiet, a Perfect Day!

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Nov. 8th, my sweetie was up with Gibbs at 6:20. It was Bill who woke Gibbs up this time! 😊 I was up by 7. It got cooler last night, but we left some bedroom windows open anyway. When I went up to watch a movie at 8, (80 for Brady – cute one) I even folded the duvet down to the bottom of the bed. It was 77F /25C up there! Gibbs was all over the bed, off the bed and then on the bed again trying to find the coolest spot to stretch out.

There are different ideas of what creates
these clouds. It doesn't matter to me.
I think this is a beautiful sky.

This morning, I made my tea and Bill packed up his Presidential paperwork and a plane. He made his coffee and we called Marilynne, stepmom/-in-law, to wish her happy birthday. She sounded great! She is 88 today. Bill left for his meeting at Jim’s and then did some work on his plane in the ‘hangar’. Gibbs and I went for our walk around 8:30 and after a scary incident with a big dog (loudest bark I've ever heard!) as we walked by the dog park, Gibbs greeted all his regulars.

Here's my paint'room'.
It was lovely out there today.

Yesterday, we, I mean he, handed out 2 painted rocks. I didn’t get a picture of them but one was for Bo and one was for Buddy. They were discovered at some point and today he received thanks. He’s quite the little painter! 😊 I went to my gazebo to paint the few small rocks I have left and while they were drying, I walked over to work on the puzzle.

This was Adele's choice - finished.
I didn't play too big a part in this but it was a nice
one to work on together. 

Bill was just getting home when I walked back so we had our lunch together. I was very pleased when I had my shower to find that I’d dropped another pound, so I’m doing something right. That put an extra bounce in my step for the day. Back out for some more painting and then when the boys had their snooze inside, I went back to the puzzle. I was only a little surprised when I saw it was finished as I’d left Adele working on it at noon. 😊 Once piece was missing.

After checking with Susan, I started this
one. Woops! I will get a photo of the picture tomorrow.

I started a new one that Susan said they had not done over the summer and got the border and a few pieces done before returning home at 3:45. The air was cooler today but it was gorgeous in the sun. It was the winds that made the 74F/23C feel colder, but mostly in the shade. Some residents in here have their a/c running, which just gives me the chills. Gibbs and I walked our afternoon path and came back to Bill.

Finished these up today.

I sprayed the rocks I’d finished – I have one small one left to paint and then hope to find more somewhere. We’ve been unplugged from power all day so as the sun was considering its evening retreat, I flipped the switch back on. 

Gibbs in position.
I notice now that my shirt, looks like a cape on him.
Well, he is kind of our 'super dog' 💗



Tonights supper was tasty.
The small red potatoes we bought have a few black spots,
so we'll be eating them up quicker than I thought. 

For supper, it’s a full meal. Baked pork chops, potatoes, and a salad. We must eat the bagged Caesar salad up before it goes brown. Not sure what we’ll watch tonight on tv, there are still a lot of movies I want to see.

I missed the actual descent but wow,
look at that ring! It turned out after all!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping on this wonderful day! 😊 (PS - diesel dropped again to $3.93/gallon)

13 comments:

  1. The little rocks are cute. My faves are the lady bug and bumblebee.
    Your cooler temps sound good. We warmed up to, just above freezing with wind so it felt a little colder. But that wind helped dry the driveway after we shovelled.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think they are my favorite too. If all i can find are small rocks, I'll be making a few of those!

      Delete
  2. Gibbs the super dog, cape and all keeps watch over his domain with eagle eyes and tail wagging joy! He is a cute little guy.
    We are happy the extreme heat has passed and we are looking forward to some nice sunny, warm days.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Gibbs IS a super hero!!! Sounds like the weather is nice. I am SO looking forward to getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful spot to be tucked into for the winter - puzzles, pool table, walks, friends. Great looking sunset glow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No complaints about the weather, though I will not miss the 90's...lol. The sky has been such a wonderful blue and I am always happy to see some white clouds scattered in the mix. Sounds like you are settled in to enjoy the next months in your southwest "Home" and that is what this lifestyle is all about...🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No complaints here either, can't even imagine the 120 of the past summer! We do feel settled.

      Delete
  6. Love your rocks....especially the ladybug and bumblebee. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a couple of ladies here who paint rocks and hide them around the city. So far I have not been lucky enough to find one. Yours are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rocks..that bumblebee is so cute and the lady bug.

    ReplyDelete