Saturday, November 4, 2023

Puzzle, Decisions, First Happy Hour!

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Nov. 4th (it’s the weekend already?) we slept in until 6:30. All of us. I think finally I’m getting back on track with my sleep habits. 😊 Before Bill went to the flying field, we sat and discussed this issue we’re having with the batteries for our solar panels and our converter. The converter is definitely ‘done’ as in dinner so we know it needs to be replaced.

Walking with Gibbs on another
beautiful morning

Can't beat that sky

Bill has been researching information on one as well as on new batteries. Each bit of info gets us closer to that final decision. We called our brother-in-law, John, for his opinion (again) and Bill chatted with his fellow flier, Wayne, for what he did. Then Bill and I had our showers before he left for the flying field. 

Not a good picture, but the hummers
are hanging around and the feeder
isn't leaking!

Gibbs and I went for our walk around 9 and then I walked to the clubhouse to work on the puzzle. The border was definitely giving me grief!

Susan helped with a few border pieces
and told me they finished this one during
the summer.

Adele and Robert came in to practice their pool game (they already both put me to shame!) and after Susan came in, Patti surprised us all. She’d bought each of us a new puzzle. She likes to challenge me so I just have to show you the picture! The girls will need to do it with me or I think I might be a little ‘more’ nuts when I finish than I already am! Ha ha, but I’m sure up to that challenge. Thank you, Patti!

It will be fun to work on this one
(I think!) πŸ˜‚

Bill and I had lunch and while he and Gibbs charged plane batteries, I walked back to see Carol Ann and check out her bread maker. I’m thinking about acquiring one of my own if I can get one small enough. We sold ours when we sold the house and now we’re thinking it might be a nice appliance to have again. Around 2:45, we drove out to Plomosa Rd. BLM for Happy Hour.

Our little guardian
Bill went in so he was debating
where he wanted to be. ♥

Tom andDeb have set up residence here for a short period and we wanted to be their first guests and our first H.H. this fall. πŸ˜‰ We found them easy enough with Deb’s directions and spent a hot couple of hours in the shade of their awning. Well, mostly in the shade. 

It was hot and very nice, being togther again.
It was hot, with temperatures reaching 85F/30C. Gibbs was very excited when we first arrived but settled down, off leash, and was a good boy.

Our good little boy crashes 

Together with friends.
First Happy Hour this trip.

Driving home, on the horizon,
a pretty sight

Back home, we sat in the cool of our patio until it was time for supper. 

Someone was knackered. Bless his little heart. πŸ’˜

Seasoned chicken legs in Rosy, air fried to perfection. I lazed out on the rest of the entrΓ©e and cooked mac and cheese with our vegetable. 

It was a good supper and we were hungry for it. After clean up, I worked on my blog while watching For the Love of the Game. Come on, Kevin Costner? I’ll watch it again and again.


lovely sunset tonight

This was a great day, we both enjoyed it very much. For the commenter who suggested changing the zip code on our Prime Video account/fire stick, thank you. Because it is a Canadian account, it wouldn’t accept it but I did Google ‘how to….’ and we’re going to try it again tonight. To be continued………….

Good night!

Thank you for joining us.

21 comments:

  1. That does look like a challenging puzzle, but I know you are up to it.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a fun visit. Always nice to catch up with friends.
    The puzzle looks very challenging, but I have no doubt you will figure it out.
    Home repairs are always interesting.
    Please tell Bill, the Echelon website specifically mentioned NON PRIMARY RESIDENCE, but thanks for the thought.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to sit with our friends again and soon, it will be more of us! ♥
      Bill saw your note and I think has sent you a pm. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't even attempt that puzzle, but I know you'll get through it.
    Nice day in the desert. Good luck with your decisions about the converter and batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely the queen of puzzles. I'm not sure if they make small bread machines, but if you have room, you can definitely save money on the keto bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, you are biased. :)
      About the bread machine, I agree, no small ones but at least I was able to order the smallest I could find!

      Delete
  5. So glad you and Bill made the drive over so we could all share our first official Happy Hour...:) Gibbs was in fact a perfect gentleman. Thanks for remembering to take pictures. Cute picture of him in your chair. Last night's sunset had the color I have been waiting for it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to relax with you guys again - there will be many more this winter! That sunset was gorgeous from here so I imagine you had an amazing view!

      Delete
  6. That looks like a very hard puzzle, but you are definitely a puzzle person and will be able to get it done. As another poster said, I am not to sure if they make small bread machines, but I really love mine and would not be without it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. You're right, no small ones but the one I found is the smallest I've seen and is the same size as CarolAnn's. I'll find a place for it!

      Delete
  7. Fires stick support phone #is 888-280-4331 hope they can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We've tried a couple of things and still not able to get those special programs we watch at home. I'll keep this phone #, thank you so much!

      Delete
  8. Great pic of you all! :) Nice to get together for Happy Hour and catch up. Soon you should have more people to visit it's looking like. That puzzle is not for me haha. Definitely for you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad I remembered my tripod so we all could be in the picture. Yes, there will soon be more of us to gather. :)

      Delete
  9. Try Guardian Insurance. We have permanent residence on it. Had a windshield claim and excellent to deal with. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assuming your insurance is for an rv then? Thank you, I will pass this along.

      Delete
  10. Getting a bread maker may be a great idea.My son and daughter-in-law have had one for decades,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. We are in BC (friends of Deb and Tom).

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are those shoes you have on?? I may want some. For next year. Here, there will be a little winter (central TX, though sometimes, very cold for a little while. They look comfortable and I like how the strap come up high on the foot.

    ReplyDelete