Friday, November 17, 2023

Poker Pool, The Gang is Together Again, That Sky Again!

Park Place RV Park

On Thursday, Nov. 16th we all slept in until 6:45. When we got up and moving, Bill informed me he only had to go the flying field for a few minutes and then he’d return for the morning. 

A cloudy cooler morning

It was an overcast day, with not much sun expected to appear. It would be a pleasant day regardless, somewhere in the mid 70’s/20’s. Gibbs and I went for our walk around the outskirts of the park and I admit to feeling a bit chilly with just a t-shirt on and capris.

The sun looks like it wants to make an appearance
but for most of the day, we didn't see it much.

Just after 9, I went to the clubhouse for our pool games. We have a regular group now of 7 players and it goes really smoothly. 

Let the games begin!

I didn’t do well today, as far as winning, but I didn’t need to beat myself up over any bad shots. I seem to be connecting fine with the balls, I just wasn’t getting enough power to put them in! I came in last with Sheila. We just laugh about it, no one did really well today but we all remained with a score of 15 or less. 😊

This is a pretty picture, it would
be nice framed on a blank wall. 

Adele and Susan had finished the puzzle and it is a very pretty picture, really. Worth the effort! It was noon when our games were done so it can be put away later. I sat in my recliner with Gibbs while Bill puttered away at the solar things. He really made a lot of progress today! For some reason, my eyes were really heavy so I dozed off and on until it was time to wake up and get ready for Happy Hour.

Here we all are!
Deb K, Kim, Ken, Bill, Jerry, Riley,Tom, Deb, Elva, Sue
(woops! Lorne left to go back to work)

Our friends, Ken and Kim, arrived at Roadrunner this afternoon so it be like old times, getting together with the gang again. We packed a small cooler and drove out to their location. Jerry and Elva were behind us in their Jeep, arriving at the same time. 😊 There were 12 of us altogether, sitting on the patio of Tom and Deb’s site. Gibbs took turns playing with Archie and sitting on the lap of whomever would have him. Little love bug!

A better picture of Sue with cuddle bum himself.
Gibbs and Archie get along very well.
Guess who has treats?? 💗

After a few hours of chit chat, laughter, new meetups and a gorgeous sunset and sky, Bill and I folded our chairs and said our goodbyes. Not before confirming plans for a Thanksgiving dinner with everyone on Thursday. We’ll miss the one here at the park but will be sure to attend the Christmas one, once our friends have moved on. It was getting dark by the time we arrived home so Bill lit the Weber and grilled our burgers.

This is where it started.

Then it just got better

and better still.
Awesome!

Supper was fine, our bacon burgers are tasting different than last summer and even last winter, not sure why. I’m sure it is all in the burgers we are buying, plus my appetite seems to have waned as well. I worked on my blog and then we relaxed for the evening. I need to get on and ask for a refund for my shipment so will look at that either tonight or in the morning. It has been a great day and how wonderful it is to see our friends again!

Blurry, but this is the end of the sky.
Colours fading and the moon makes its appearance.
Good night y'all!

Thank you for stopping around.

4 comments:

  1. It was a great happy hour…. So good to see everyone! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sky!!! Reminds me so much of the sunsets here in Saskatchewan. We are not called "Land of the Living Skies" for nothing.

    The puzzle is beautiful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you've acclimated when 70F feels a wee bit chilly. :)
    Gorgeous sunset photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice getting together of Happy Hour. The sunset certainly was a beautiful one. Your right that puzzle would be pretty hung on a wall.

    ReplyDelete