Sunday, November 19, 2023

Not a Good Way to Wake Up, Wind Cancels Plans

Park Place RV Park

On Sunday, Nov. 19th Bill and Gibbs were up shortly after 6. I slept really well last night from 9:45, when Saving Private Ryan ended, until they got up. I dropped off again for another hour and made motions to get up. They were motions only, as when I got to the bottom of the bed, vertigo hit me. When Bill heard me say ‘oh no’, he came to my rescue and helped me back to bed. He brought me my water.

When I finally did get outside around 11:30
you couldn't even see the mountains yet
we were quite clear here at our park.

I know better. I had some yesterday during the afternoon but last night at supper, the waitress didn’t bring us any and we neglected to ask. I should have, we always do. LOL The hot tea was very good but apparently, not a substitute. I shooed Bill off to the flying field, I’d been here before and it would pass. He brought me my phone and glasses and after he pulled out, Gibbs settled beside me.

Looking to the west, the mountains are
hardly visible.

I tried numerous times between 8 and 10 to get up but it was pointless. At 10:30 I thought I was better so got up slowly, made the bed and went down. I thought a cup of tea would help but I couldn’t even stand up enough to make that. Gibbs and I dozed some more in my recliner and just before 11, I made my tea. Bill was home within 10 minutes, showing concern. It’s getting better was all I could say. 😊

I sat outside in the heat of the lovely sun while Bill did a few more things with his planes and the solar. Strapping the batteries in was important so he’d bought webbing strap and finished another little job. There are a couple more things he needs I believe from Discount Solar so that’s tomorrow when they open for the week. At 12:30 we came in and I was still a bit ‘dizzy’ (haha) but fried a couple of eggs for lunch. Bill made toast.

The puzzle is coming along. Now that the upper pieces 
are done (almost) I'll work my way down and
meet up with what the ladies have done.  

We’d made plans to scoot out to La Posa South (the LTVA camp area) to visit Gary and Judy from Alberta. I figured sitting would be the best way to spend the afternoon so deciding to leave Gibbs at home today, we left around 1:45. We knew it was windy, quite windy, so when we saw what they were getting out in the desert, we texted and all agreed that a calmer day would make for a nicer visit. We turned back for home.

Things were looking a bit better by 2
but we soon lost our blue sky. It turned gray.

Since I was up and moving, I went to the puzzle for an hour and a half and managed to get the sky and trees done on the puzzle. There are a few holes to fill in but that’s for another day. Back home at 4, I’d made a tea when Gibbs wanted to go out. I took him for his afternoon walk around the park, he missed out this morning. I was in no shape to go then. 😊


Leftover meatloaf, potatoes and a vegetable for supper, fairly easy. I sure wouldn’t wish this kind of day startup on anyone but I also know there are plenty of worse ailments that others are experiencing. I got past it but 6 hours was more than I’ve had to deal with it in a long time. I rarely get these bouts since I learned the cause and have behaved for the most part. We reached a pleasant high of 76F/25C even with winds reaching 17 mph most of the afternoon.

Games are being played with the fuel prices.
Diesel was $4.17 when we arrived on Nov. 1st.
Over time, dropped to $3.69 then up to $3.99
for a few days and yesterday dropped again to
$3.89. It's okay by us, we're using so little but
top up occasionally.

When Gibbs and I went for our walk,
the mountains were mere shadows of their
former selves. 
I'm very grateful to be where we are, 
especially on days like this.

Supper was delicious, my veggie was Brussel sprouts and Bill had mixed. He washed the pots and I dried and set the dishwasher to run. It sounds like a bit of a windy night so we brought the awnings in and hope the gazebo is sheltered enough from the rv’s and Black Beauty. This was not what I call the best of days but after a rough start, it improved greatly. I was feeling 100% by suppertime.

Gibbs sat on the back of my recliner
and got very cuddly after our walk.
Little love bug. 💖
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by! I enjoy reading your comments.

14 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you for better days to come!! Just please be careful during these bouts. Sure don't want to fall and break something. We don't heal as quick as we once did. I sure enjoy your blog. Thank you.
    Don in Okla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Don. Nice to hear from you! Hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  2. It's a good thing you were at home and could just lay down until you felt better this morning....
    Bill and Gibbs must have been concerned about you, I hope and pray that you stay well and get some rest, -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. It has passed and I'm very careful during these bouts. They are just very frustrating.

      Delete
  3. On the way to Blythe this morning everything was bright and shiny and when we headed back just after 1 o'clock I could not believe the dust in the sky ahead. I cannot imagine having vertigo for that long. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Your Gibbs is a special little pup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't think I'm silly and your water intake helps, but we had a CME arrive Sunday (coronal mass ejection from the sun) Also the wind. These things affect us more than they tell us. CME's can affect bodies, hearts and minds. Sun activity has increased and the poles are STILL shifting. Lots of space weather going on. Winds supposedly make more migranes. Glad you're feeling better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. Not a fun start to any day. We did have some wind and we could see the dust far off. The wind seemed to calm down around sunset but is up again as I type at 4:54 am. I was outside around 3:30 putting some things away due to the sound of the wind.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm not sending you any weather any more. It's weird how your weather and mine are exactly alike, yet so far away. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have those days once in a while too. It's an awful feeling. You just have to stay low and wait it out. Our diesel here is $1.83/litre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely not a great way to start the day. I'd not heard that dehydraion could cause vertigo. I've had a couple of bouts of it over the years but thankfully not six hours! Take care, and I hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a crappy way to start the day :-( I'm glad you finally felt better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're feeling better. Your episode sounds like low blood pressure. If you have not had a medical diagnosis, you can get a bp cuff at Amazon for about $17.

      Delete
  10. Not a nice way to start the day. I am glad that you felt better as the day progressed. Could the air pressure change due to the upcoming wind have made it worse?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SYMPTOMS:
    Blurry vision.
    Confusion.
    Dizziness.
    Fainting (syncope)
    Lightheadedness.
    Nausea or vomiting.
    Sleepiness.
    Weakness.

    ReplyDelete