Saturday, November 25, 2023

Cooler but Pleasant Day, Company, Missed the Jam but Not the Bread!

 

Park Place RV Park

On Saturday, Nov. 25th we all slept in again until almost 7 o’clock. It was a clear morning again but there was a chill in the air that lasted all day. It was only 44F/6C when we got up. Today is the coolest day in the forecast for a while but we’re expecting the chilly nights. Nothing below 42F though so that’s good. Our Blue Flame heater will keep us warm, in the evenings, without using a lot of propane. 😊

The picture was too bright staring straight
at the sun, so I used the palm tree and it
turned out quite pretty.

I had my tea and when I finished that, Gibbs and I went for our walk. I had three goals today, well four, starting with my shower. With that done, Bill finished getting ready and left for the flying field. Goal two was to go through my closet and found about 6 items of clothing, 2 pair of shoes and a purse to take over for the FREE table. It’s not a big dent but it is a dent. It is hard to part with things!

I did some painting, Gibbs sat in the gazebo
with me and through the screen, Bill was
working on his Piper Cub.
He gets a lot of guys stopping to talk to him
about his planes. 😃

Around 9:30 ish, I walked over to the clubhouse. Goal three was to finish the puzzle. I chatted with Patti, Gerald and Sheila while working away and it was around 10:30 when Sammi, our Avon rep, dropped our orders off. With the puzzle finished, I took my picture and walked back home. Bill was home when I got here so we relaxed a bit before lunch. I was in a t-shirt and shorts so came inside to warm up.

It's a nice puzzle and I'm gifting it
to Sheila to take home. 

Since I hadn’t eaten yet, just a creamy tea and coffee this morning, I was ready for lunch. With keto bread I had a toasted tomato and cheese sandwich. Bill used the French bread for his and they fit the bill, easing our hunger. 😊 He went out to work on his plane and I started my last goal of the day. Make bread. It was so easy but I still followed the recipe provided ‘to the letter’. I wanted success off the get go.

And success, I got! Yum!
Just the Basic white bread this time.

It was in the middle of the bake process that Ken and Kim popped in for a visit. They were doing some errands in town and we’re always happy to see them. I forgot a picture though. Duh! Our group visits are great but we still like the one on ones when they happen. We sat in the gazebo, out of the wind, and it was quite cozy. Gibbs started out hyper but within 10 minutes, he’d settled down on my lap.

When they were leaving, Ken dropped his empty
water bottle.......'never miss a trick, Gibbs' grabbed it.
Thanks Ken! (he loves bottles)
When I told him he had to drop the bottle before coming
inside, this is the response I got. 

When they left, around 3:30, my bread had 10 minutes left to bake. There was a ‘first’ time Music Jam at the firepit from 2 to 4, trying to (excuse the language) DRUM up a new activity. I thought I’d pop over to give it a listen but didn’t make it. Today, there were just other priorities. My bread turned out looking wonderful! It is a small 1.5 lb. loaf and we haven’t cut into it yet but come supper time, we’ll give it a try. Yum!

They're so cute, I'll be making more.

I finished painting some bumblebees and spray coated them and the ladybugs before coming inside. Bill and Gibbs dozed and I started my blog before starting to prep some potatoes. Bill grilled the boneless rib eye steak along with the partially cooked potatoes and I mixed up the coleslaw. What better time or meal to taste the bread? Everything was delicious, topped off with a glass of wine each. We sure didn’t need dessert.

My grilling chef in action.

The best meal we've made together in a while.
We seldom have steak so it was a treat.

We loaded the dishwasher and sat together finishing our drink. Last night, I was disappointed that the Billy the Kid program didn’t work for me after all so I watched reruns of Magnum PI. I enjoy the characters so made it work until bedtime at 10:30. Tonight, I might just read. It was a wonderful day with a visit from our good friends.

After the sunset, looking to the east,
the Waxing Gibbous moon was in a perfect position.
With a little squatting, I dotted the 'i'. 
Soon, we'll have a full moon.
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

14 comments:

  1. Interesting full day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bugs are sure cute alright. Nice job.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks amazing! Dinner looks like restaurant quality! YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bumblebees are as cute as the ladybugs!
    I've obviously missed a post because the bread machine arrived. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little bugs!!! And you're going to love the bread, though it isn't "Canadian" bread. I haven't found a keto recipe to try yet, so let me know if you find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so far Canadian products except the yeast! Haha
      Found a keto recipe but too many ingredients I'll never buy.

      Delete
  6. You find the most interesting rocks to paint and what you do with them is perfect for the shape.

    Gibbs looks a bit puzzled as to why he had to drop the bottle.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, not a lot of choices for rocks here.
      Gibbs was confused.

      Delete
  7. Well way to go! Now I want fresh bread, and I don't eat bread, but I can smell it and just know how yummy it would taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dinner looked super delicious.

    ReplyDelete