Friday, November 3, 2023

A Relaxation Day!

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Nov. 3rd I can honestly say that I slept in – finally! Yes, I woke up early morning but refused to move much and refused to look at the time reflected on the ceiling. I have no idea but it was probably 3:50. Avoiding looking, I dropped right off until 6:00 and then Gibbs and I stayed in bed until just before 7, I think. He had already been out with Daddy – early. 😊

It was a cool morning again, as is the case here in Arizona, and the 50F/10C at 5:30 dropped to 47F/8C by the time I got up. But! The sun was coming up and the sky was clear so we knew it was going to be another beautiful one. Bill left for the field around 8:15 today and after my tea, Gibbs and I went for a longer walk around the outside perimeter of the park.

We took a longer walk today
I was in shorts and short sleeves, recognized for
being from the north. Everyone else was in long pants and hoodies!

We stopped at the park dog area where he (we) met Cindy and Charly. Neither dog wanted to play but they were friendly and did their own wandering before we headed home. Of course, a stop in to get pets from Gerald before we returned. He is barking a fair bit this morning, which is frustrating as I didn’t want to put his collar on.

Susan found a sweet little stray kitten wandering
in between our rv's.
Poor thing is friendly, and very thin.
No one claimed him so he may have to go to a shelter.

Back home, I washed inside windows again, thinking that should be it for fly smears. I did the few outside windows on the west side and will do the east side once the sun has moved around. Unfortunately, Gibbs was a barking fool so I came in and faced the ‘sad, I’m sorry, Mom’ look as he knew I was upset. I put his collar on. He knows darn well what it means but still likes to test us. Good thing we love him so much. 😊

I sent an email to family and friends back home with our new mailing address just in case some regulars wanted to send Christmas cards. It has changed from last winter/spring. Our dentist, Dr. Eva, suggested when we were in to see her that we get 2 cleanings a year so I called and made that appointment for April. The timing works out as we’ll be ready to head towards the north east.

Lunch on my keto bread. It's very good!
I hope Parker's Walmart carries it.

At 11, I walked over to work on the puzzle and Bill texted a few minutes later that he was home. We had lunch at noon and then I walked down to Carol Ann and Kobos’ trailer at the back of the park. She needed a trim on her long hair, so because it was a simple cut, I offered to help her out. After the 10 minutes it took to neaten it up, we sat and visited for another hour and a half. 😊 We’ve never done that so we both enjoyed it very much.

Bill and I sat outside with Gibbs, searching online for things ‘in our future’, some more immediate than others. Our neighbours arrived around 3:30 and after they had set up, or partially set up, they came over for a chin wag and we caught up on things for a nice long visit. Our view of the desert and sunrises is gone but we forgive them, they are good people. I finished the windows on the east side, now that they are in the shade. My Norwex window cloths on the mop handle work pretty good!😊 

This was the best part of my supper tonight.
No one's fault, I just wasn't enjoying the first course
for one reason or another.

For supper, we had sausages on a bun with salad, finishing up with a small peach pie each. I didn’t enjoy the meal tonight and couldn’t eat much of it but managed to mow down the pie. Shame, shame, but I am the boss of what I eat, so there! Ha ha. After clean up, I finished my blog post and Bill went up to find a movie. We’ve had some issues with the Firesticks giving us the channels we watched back home so there are challenges. Bummer.

Not many pictures taken today 
so I'll leave you with this.
We've got a handful of nice days ahead. ♥
No complaints here!

This was a great day. I managed to get a lot accomplished on the puzzle border and will dedicate more time tomorrow on that. I hope you had a nice one as well!

4 years ago, we were still on the road.
Travelling with the Francis', squeezing into a
Tennessee Cracker Barrel parking lot for the night. LOL

That was the most stressful overnights, I think.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

15 comments:

  1. A relaxing kind of day, we all need those. Mr Gibbs is definitely a tester. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you guys settling in. see you next week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those temperatures sound so nice. Gibbs isn't used to so much company nearby. He may not like his collar, but you're the boss of him too.
    I suspect someone dumped the kitten in the park, thinking someone might take care of it. Better it goes to a shelter than left out in the desert on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knows with the collar, we mean business but as a commenter said above, he is a tester!

      Delete
  4. What a nice way to relax. Poor Gibbs is pretty excited to see all those people around and wants to play.

    Poor kitty!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gibbs does want to greet everyone.
      Poor kitty, is right.

      Delete
  5. Love that Keto seeded bread, so much better than the white in my opinion! Not a fan of cats, but poor guy! I'm thinking Gibbs will learn pretty quickly with his collar on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't find it back home so should buy and freeze as much as i can!

      Delete
  6. Its a new place Mom ... lots to protect you from!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Experts recommend that stray kittens not be moved far from where they are.The mother cat may be out searching for food and may very well return to where she left the kitten ..Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He isn't far from where he was found but I know they don't want to keep him. They already have two.

      Delete
  8. Did you change the zip code on the fire stick?

    ReplyDelete