Friday, November 10, 2023

Beauty of a Day, , Laundry, Puzzle, Moon Mountain Mail

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Nov. 10th I slept in! Holy cow! It was 6 when I first looked at the time and everyone was still sound asleep. Gibbs didn’t move until a little while later and then Bill moved at 6:45. They slept in too. I didn’t hear Gibbs return to bed and it was 7:30 when next I opened my eyes! I had first thought (last night) to get up at 6:30 and get over by 7 to the laundry room.

Good morning!

So much for that! However, after sorting 2 loads, I walked over at 8 and was the only one there. Woohoo! It’s just nice when you plan on doing the laundry that you are able to do it rather than wait. 😊 I walked back to make my tea while they washed and once they were switched to the dryer, I hung around at the puzzle for most of the time.

All done! This one was 750 pcs. with
2 pieces missing

The girls had been working on it since I was last over there yesterday and did a fair bit. My turn! By the time our clothes were dried, 45 minutes later, it was done too.  It was a good one. I wonder which one they’ll pick today. 😊 I had plans to hang around at the Suite and get some sunning in – for the first time down here. Bill spent his morning between the flying field and Jim’s and was home around noon.

Gibbs and I walked across the road today.
I changed our route when I heard the Gamble Quail running. ♥

My lunch - yummy!

I needed to charge my phone so forgot to play my morning word games. Woops! Instead, I took my book out to read while catching some rays. It wasn’t too hot, too cold or too windy. Perfect and no bugs!


We had lunch, today it was a veg and bacon quesadilla for me. In case you’re wondering, Bill doesn’t like these things so he makes himself his peanut butter and cheese sandwich. Gibbs watches as he usually gets a few small nibs of cheese in his food dish.

I went through the rocks that Deb and Tom brought me yesterday, looking for suitable ones for painting. Having never painted rocks, Deb wouldn’t know how particular I was but I sure appreciated her ‘hunt’ on my behalf. There are no perfect ones in the desert so I picked about 6 of the best ones she brought and added them to the 4 I found this morning on our walk. Oh yes, Gibbs and I did get out for a later walk when the clothes were done. 😊

These are the rocks I kept.
The 2 at the top are questionable, they might
be too porous, hence using up too much paint.

I base coated a couple, not yet sure what I’ll turn them into, and then Bill and I met Lorne at the entrance for the drive to Moon Mountain Mail. This is where all of our mail is now being sent, with the exceptions of pre-scheduled UPS or FEDEX parcels. We’ve received some solar things for Lorne and Sue as well as a number of items for our own converter (etc.) replacement.

solar, boxes, cables, batteries and
Planes!

Today, we picked up 9 more pieces in relation to all that plus some for Bill’s hobby. I ordered a bread maker on Tuesday with the shipment to arrive today by 8 pm. Of course, my item didn’t come in. I know the solar is for me too but doggoneit! I was hoping to have it for the weekend. Anyway, sulk over, we returned home with promises to drop out and see our friends in a few days.

At Jim's. He's such a sweet man.
He came out and gave me a hug and offered me a drink
of something cold. 😊
Now, the top picture sure made me wish we could move these
to the Ridge! Imagine them at our front gate! 

On the way home, Bill stopped at Jim’s. He is the one with the big shop where pilots can work on planes etc. He also had a plane/kit that Bill was interested in so yes, in 3 pieces, it found its way home to our site. 😊 he’s quite pleased about that. However, the solar converter exchange thingy – is a puzzle of its own. I’ll stay out of it as it is WAY out of my league. He’ll figure it out, I’m sure.

Sunset at 5:35

For supper, it’s grilled bacon cheeseburgers so Bill started before the sun went down so he wasn’t bbq’ing in the dark. They were as good as ever and the rest of the evening was spent on our usual things. Blog, books and tv. Life is simple here and it is all what we make of it. We are enjoying the part we play in it and accepting of all that it brings us.

The day ended like this.
Such a pretty sky.
Good night!

Thank you for coming along on our journey. We’re happy to have you!

16 comments:

  1. I have never in my 78 year old life heard of peanut butter and cheese sandwiches. What kind of cheese? And is that all that goes on it? I myself like peanut butter and sliced cucumber sandwiches with a bit of mayo on toasted bread, so I'm not one to look askance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, too funny. Bill has been eating them since he was 13 or 14 years old. Just peanut butter with sliced cheddar cheese.
      I'm with you, i like peanut butter with cukes, no mayo though.

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for helping us with receiving our solar stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman I used to work with used to eat peanut butter, mayo, and lettuce sandwiches. It wasn't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that! Also p b with green onions, and toasted p b with sliced tomatoes.

      Delete
  4. My cousin used to eat PB and pickle sandwiches.
    I really like the technical term…the solar converter exchange thingy. I will have to use that. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, pb and pickle! That's interesting! You are very welcome to use that term. :)

      Delete
  5. My son used to eat peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. Nope, couldn't do it
    It does sound like you're in a very good place. I'd take some of the weather you are enjoying. We are getting above freezing today, so I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to eat pb and bologna but it had to have lots of mustard!
      We do enjoy this place, enough to do if we want to. Glad your weather has improved. Hang on to it! :)

      Delete
  6. I can remember peanut butter and bologna sandwiches with mustard in my lunch in public school. Loved them back then, not sure about now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just replied that above before seeing this. Can our other readers understand that we are sisters!? haha

      Delete
  7. That puzzle is lovely. I wonder what the girls will pick next also. I envy you your warmth.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They picked one of the gifted ones from Patti. It is challenging but such fun!

      Delete
  8. Fascinating what people will have eaten or do eat with peanut butter. Bologna??? Good grief.

    ReplyDelete