Wednesday, November 22, 2023

A Baking, Walking, Musical, Painting, Lazing Kind of Day

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Nov. 22nd we slept in until 6:30 and Bill was the first one up. It felt cool in the Suite so he kicked the furnace on for a cycle or two before he and Gibbs went for their early morning walk. That meant, it was comfortable enough for me to slip out from the warm covers. I made my tea right away and after Bill left for the field, I took Gibbs for his second morning walk. With the sun coming up in a totally blue sky, the 46F/8C felt quite pleasant. 😊

A nice morning and a nice morning walk

He met Gerald just before turning the corner towards our site. I only had one thing on my mind today and that was to make two pies for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I set about the first one, involving a regular single pie crust and it was finished and cooling by the time Bill returned from his ‘errands’. A teensy part of me was hoping he’d return with a box the size of a bread maker when he came back from our mail depot. I knew better though, really.

Just thought I'd share this 
addition to our Youtube files

While he was gone, I found videos on Youtube of a ‘new to us’ artist that Sue introduced us to last night. Dan Vasc(oncelos) has an amazingly powerful voice and we very much enjoyed his talent. I was watching him sing covers for some well known songs by the time Bill got home. 😊 He has the look of one of my grandsons, although both are handsome, Dan is neater and his music is understood. I can’t even pretend to understand the heavy metal stuff Jake is in to. LOL

See the resemblance?

We had lunch together, just French bread with cheese and/or peanut butter and then I went to work on the second pie. No homemade pie crust with this one but it still needed to be baked after filling it. Of course, they both involve pumpkin. Deb and Tom popped around 2:30 with food from Coytote Fresh Foods, a grocery store in town, that they’d ordered for dinner tomorrow. Lots of food, should be a great day together with friends.

The finished puzzle

The rest of the afternoon involved some rock painting, some picture transfers from laptop to phone and a walk with my favourite little 4-legged friend. The day reached 74F/23C until around 4:30, the sun disappeared from our site and it dropped to mid-60’s. Time to come in from the gazebo. For supper, Bill barbecued brat sausages, something different for us. I fried leftover potatoes and mixed up some coleslaw.

Before the final gloss coat

Not sure what nighttime will bring, definitely some tv of some sort I’m sure. 😊 It has been a very quiet day, I didn’t venture over to the clubhouse at all but was pleased that Susan sent me a picture of the completed puzzle. I hope Adele had a hand in finishing it too! Have a great evening.

Another memory from November 2017 this time.
Set up at Rose and George's home in
Lake Havasu.
Good night!

Thank you for popping by.


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day, looking forward to pie 😝 (Sue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice day and your little lady bugs are sweet. Enjoy your time with friends and good food today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two good looking guys!!! Your ladybugs are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's your meal picture? You always have ar least one. You can bring back a ladybug for me sis.....they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, trust you to ask me that! It was just a toasted sandwich so nothing special. :) I will bring you a lady bug. ♥

      Delete
  5. Love the lady bugs! Just listened to Dan Vasc.....Sounds of Silence.....WOW! Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it! Amazing Grace is my favourite by him. ♥

      Delete
  6. Looks like a beautiful day in Arizona. Those lady bugs are just so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little ladybugs are adorable, and this is a wonderful day.

    You are welcome to read my most recent post.

    ReplyDelete