Friday, November 24, 2023

Quiet Day, Puzzling, Deliveries!

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Nov. 24th the ‘after Thanksgiving’ lull is in the air. Things and people are moving slower, I know I am! 😊 We had a great day yesterday celebrating with friends and ate a whole big bunch of food and drank more wine than I’ve done in a while. Loved every minute!

Good morning!! 

Today, we were up before 7 and I hadn’t really thought about what I’d get up to. After my tea, Gibbs and I went for our walk, returning just as Bill was ready to pull out of our site. By then, I’d decided to go for a walk into and around the residential area across Riggles Ave. First, I popped in to see Patti, who was on duty, and gave her a Thanksgiving hug, letting her know how much we appreciate ‘her’. She is a special lady.

The desert was quiet, even at 9:30.
Seems I was the only one out there.

Then, off I went. Once I’m out there, I am enjoying myself enough to want to keep going. I cut through the desert, avoiding the main roads, and found my way towards the flying field. I was hoping I hadn’t missed Bill, since it was around 10 am and sometimes he has returned home by then or soon after. 😊 Luckily, he was still there as were Dave and Vera. I chatted with Vera while they worked on getting his Piper Cub running and then when Bill packed up, I just hitched a ride home with him.


Bottom right, two of the new stands
Jim (name on the entrance sign) and Bill made.

I took advantage of that beautiful sun and sat in my gravity chair with my book. The James Patterson book I’m now reading is called NYPD Red 6 and it is one of those page turners. We had lunch of bacon and eggs with some toasted French bread and then after cleanup, I went to the clubhouse with 4 of my puzzles from under the bed. I’ll leave the most fun one until later in the season.

I made great strides today
in the puzzle in between visiting
with Sheila and Patti.

I started with the 500 – piece puzzle and what appeared to be the easiest. I could have done this one at home but I didn’t pick it up until later in the summer season and had stopped putting them together by then. Anyway, I knew Sheila would like this picture. 😊 I made a darn good head start; it is quite easy but around 3 I had to pull myself away. I will work on it again tomorrow.

The afternoon sky

Tadah!!
New Bread machine.

Back home, Bill was ready to go to Moon Mountain Mail for a parcel so I went too, hoping, hoping, hoping something would have my name on it. Well, that worked! Bill got 1, I got 2 and one my sister sent arrived as well. Yay! My bread machine is here! You know what I’ll be attempting to make tomorrow, don’t you? Bill and Gibbs dozed in the chairs so I made my tea and sat to start writing. Gibbs and I got out for a quick walk around 5.

Our afternoon walk almost always
includes a stop to see his buddies, Kobos and Carol Ann.
They just love him to death! πŸ’˜

Bacon cheeseburgers will be our supper tonight with pie for dessert, if we have room. I get full very quickly after a cup of tea. 😊 

Bacon cheeseburgers tonight.

We watched some tv tonight since Bill found my Billy the Kid episodes again! This has been a good day and I managed to get a few more (a lot more) steps in today.

I missed the actual sunset event but
the before and after shots were quite pleasing.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

11 comments:

  1. You may have missed the actual sunset put those are some great pictures of what you did catch. Looking forward to hearing about what kind of bread you are going to make in that machine. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaahhh ! Bread Machine πŸ˜πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh bread as often as desired-awesome,lol.The sunrise/ sunset pics are worthy of frames & just really nice to see given grey Ontario at the moment,enjoy.Looking forward to Bill’s results on the solar performance after all the work & expense.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you A James.
      I'll nudge Bill to update on the solar. πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see your bread creations!!! You've got to love new toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to love your machine. I use mine to bake bread, get the dough ready for buns, get the dough ready for cinnamon buns, and make pizza dough in it as well. You enjoy!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you will enjoy your new bread machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that last comment was from Maxx Trails.

    ReplyDelete