Friday, November 17, 2023

All Good Things Except …..

Park Place RV Park

On Friday, Nov. 17th Gibbs had Bill up before 6. Oh-oh, not good. By the end of the afternoon, Bill was paying for it since he didn’t have his normal snooze. He hadn’t planned on going to the flying field anyway, with solar stuff on his mind and that is what he did for the bulk of his day. I got up around 7 and had my tea. It felt chilly in the Suite but the sky was clear and after an hour, things had warmed up considerably.

Gibbs and I walked this morning.
The sun and full blue sky was wonderful.

Gibbs and I went for our walk and he was a happy camper when he saw Gerald out for his morning ‘meet and greet’.  It has to be puppy love, he bee lines it over every time he sees him. Of course, Gibbs does love everyone that gives him those special pets and thinks he is most deserving of each and every one! 😊 Bill was working away when we returned and I hung around for an hour and a half to give him the wee bit of assistance I can provide.

I remembered to take 3 of my 'give away' rocks
on my walk. I'm getting too many built up.

He works away, on his own, and seldom needs me to help. I’m very proud of the things he can do on his own around our home here and on the Ridge. He brushes it off when I credit his intelligence, but I know what I know. When I was no longer needed for anything, I took myself off to the Family Dollar. We needed half and half creamer and their price is the best in town.

Bill took these pictures for me
yesterday.
Madame Hummer was feeding while
he worked right beside her.

They also had Bill’s cereal on for a great price so I bought 2 boxes plus a couple (or three) packs of the mini chocolate bars that we like to snack on. At $1.25 each, who can blame me? 😊 We had lunch and I walked my binder of dvd’s down to Carol Ann and Kobos to borrow, meeting Sheila on the way. Actually, we kept bumping into each other today! Then I went in to see how the ladies were making out with Adele’s 2,000 pc. puzzle.

A nice picture. Easy enough if there weren't
so many pieces to sort through!

The border was done and the larger round table was filled with pieces. The puzzle is 38” on one side so our rectangle table wasn’t going to cut it. I only had an hour to work so completed the sky section with the pieces they had sorted. Patti, Sheila and I chatted about the January calendar and I walked back to our site. Elva and Jerry arrived for Happy Hour at 3 and we had a nice, 2 hour visit with them. They pull out tomorrow. It is nice to get to know them better too.

Our Happy Hour entertainment

I promised Bill meatloaf for supper so came inside to start it. He was exhausted from the early morning and work today so went upstairs with Gibbs at 5 for a snooze. With the meatloaf in the convection oven, I started my blog. I am so frustrated with my laptop and/or Blogger (not sure which) so as long as I get my blog written, I am half way there. Hopefully, I will be able to finish it tonight. LOL I keep getting ‘Word not responding’ or just a freeze mode for a couple of minutes if I’m trying to get on a Google app. Grrr! 

A pleasant 'last' visit this month.
Gibbs found a new lap today.

I fried up the leftover potatoes, reheated my beans and cooked some corn for Bill. That went well with the meat. It was delicious as always, if I do say so myself. I don’t fail at this meal so it is a good standby if I want to take the time. 😊 We cleaned up after supper and I sat to finish this post. Bill had a good rest so he’ll probably have a late night. This has been a great day and the evening was filled with a couple more episodes watching Billy the Kid.

Yum, a good 'winter' meal. 😂😂😂

By the way, to finish my title: from the time I opened Word, copied my blog post and got into Bloggerfest to paste it, 13 minutes had passed. That is 13 minutes just sitting here. Oh, I did take Gibbs out for a piddle while waiting. Yup, I need a new laptop. 

Desert surprises.
The bottom right is a steeper wash to walk
through than it looks. 
The flowers are amazing, growing up out of rock.
Good night!

Thank you for popping in. Your comments are always welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you can post your blog. Mines dead in the water. Are you sure it's not just a slow internet connection?
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good day in the desert. Always nice to spend Happy Hour with friends.
    P.S. I rehomed the rocks that did not make the cut...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed our last visit. Thanks for putting up with "messy me".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you had another visit with Gerry and Elva. I wish they weren’t heading out so quickly.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm have you recently updated Word? Try copying and pasting smaller sections at a time? One thing I've found is doing it before 8:00 in the morning works better. Everyone and their brother is doing the same thing at night ... maybe type it at night and post it in the morning? Just how old is your computer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you turn it off each time you close it? I don't do that but Joanne told me I should restart at least once a week and it helps. My laptop is old as well and a bit slow but I have time to wait and don't want to spend the money for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good meatloaf, sadly my son does not. I had ground beef out yesterday and initially thought I'd make meatloaf for a change but switched over to spaghetti and meat sauce instead. He likes that, and I appreciate he eats the leftovers.
    You certainly don't lack for company in Arizona. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see Bob is still with us. Haven't been able to access his blog for a while, was worried something had happened to him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day! Love meatloaf! That plate looks awesome! I hate computers and their issues!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every once in awhile my laptop seems to freeze as well. I noticed today that it happens mostly on those sites with loads of ads. Must get youngest to install AdBlocker for me when he is home at Christmas.

    Wow what great pictures of the hummingbird.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures. Sorry to hear about the laptop problems. Glad you spent more time with Elva and Jerry. Still planning to head out at the end of the year. Be sure Bill let's us know how the updated solar system works.

    ReplyDelete