Wednesday, November 15, 2023

The Last Hot Day? Avon Party

Park Place RV Park

On Wednesday, Nov. 15th we slept in until Gibbs woke us at 6:35. Bill had said he wanted to get up early to go to Yuma for some shopping. As it turned out, he was on his way by 7:30. Gibbs and I went for our walk after my tea was finished and it was a lovely morning. We slept with quite a few windows open last night, the one right by my bed especially. 😊 It was a still night so it wasn’t blowing 57F/13C directly on my head.

A cloudy but warm morning and day
We will be dropping off in temperatures for
the remainder of November.
Mid 70's/20's = perfect.

Wednesday is Coffee hour at the clubhouse so I didn’t go to work on the puzzle. I know everyone is welcome but it just isn’t my ‘thing’. Instead, I stayed home with Gibbs, played my Wordle games and repainted my finger nails. My nails are nothing to brag about but down here, when I’m working at the body shop, I get in the mood once in a while to dress them up.

Gibbs and I walked around the park beside us
and there were two large rigs and trailers
that looked impressive.

I'm surprised their buggy isn't painted similarily!

At 9:00 I had my shower and Bill texted that he had arrived safely in Yuma. It is 90 minutes south of us. He also texted to ask how many loaves of my Keto bread did I want. What a guy! He had taken a pix of it to know what kind I like and stopped in at Fry’s for me. 😊 I was very happy because it isn’t available in too many places. I can keep one in the freezer. Yay!

Sammi was very knowledgable about the product
after only 4 years selling.
She had her reference book beside her which I liked.
There is a lot of info to remember!

I walked over to the Avon ‘party’ at 10:45. Sammi, the rep we had last spring, was setting up her wares on the tables when I arrived. She is a nice young lady and having sold Avon for many years, I’m pleased to see her learning the ropes and hope the business is serving her well. I like how she walked through the pages of her brochure with us and showed us the corresponding items from her stock.

There were only 7 of us in attendance but
we were good clients and a good audience too!

I spent enough today, as she had 9/10 things I was looking for on hand. 😉 I also placed a small order for delivery next week. I can also say that I've started on some stocking stuffers for someone I love. 😁 It was closer to 12:30 when we all left for home. That was fun and something different. Home for a late lunch, Bill arrived about 5 minutes after me. Seemingly, a happy camper/shopper. We’ll go together next time but he had some ‘man’ things to get for us and for the club so he was best on his own.

I had 2 of my 4 remaining pizza slices for lunch.
Heated up in the air fryer, they were perfect!

I went back to the puzzle around 2 and stayed for a couple of hours. We three ladies worked on it together but with just a few pieces left, I had to leave. It may be done when I return in the morning but that’s okay. I’ve enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! Thank you again, Patti, for the challenge and the gift. Back home, we relaxed in the coolness on the patio.

I was tired of sitting so left the remaining
pieces for another day or other puzzle makers. 😃

I still haven’t received my bread maker so since the only notice I received last indicated it was ‘delayed’, we drove to Moon Mountain Mail to see if it had arrived. No. Since today was the deadline, Amazon suggested I ask for a refund tomorrow. Bummer! I want the bread machine, not a refund! Oh well, I’ll do that and then find it again from another supplier. I’m disappointed but what can you do?

Neither Bill or I felt too hungry so we just had wieners and beans for supper. Now that I had more of my bread, I finished off the last two crusts with my meal. It was quite filling. During the supper hour, we had about 28 drops of rain. We’d moved the chairs in case it gets heavier than that over night but probably it wasn’t necessary. Well, that’s it for our day!

This is the most cloud we've seen since before
November 1st and so far, it brought us only a few drops of rain.

I did start watching a new series last night and it is kind of fun to watch. ‘Billy the Kid’ is giving me a bit of history at the same time as I am being entertained. 😊 Maybe I’ll learn something! With supplies purchased today, Bill made progress on the solar conversion ‘stuff’ but it is his story to tell when he’s ready. I hope you had a good day, as we did.

A poor man's supper tonight. 
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. It's sweet to see how you and Bill both make sure the other one has what you want and enjoy, that's a blessing that I know you're grateful for,Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bread making machines are abundant at thrift stores. Here in PHX usually about $12 at the local Goodwills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had good luck and bad with appliances at thrift stores. Think I'll order new but thank you.

      Delete
  3. It makes me wonder just how that rig gets around in that small RV park. He carries lots of toys I guess. I've had that happen with Amazon orders, they give me a refund and then it shows up. Hope you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather the machine of course but will ask for a refund today.

      Delete
  4. I hope you get your bread maker either from another supplier on Amazon or that it comes today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great day! The temperatures sound perfect to me.
    I do hate it when a delivery from Amazon is delayed or goes missing. Did you know, if it shows up after you've cancelled the order, you can keep the product. Or at least that's been my daughter's experience. She lives in a small town and some orders don't arrive "on time". Of course, sometimes they just go missing too. Either way, I hope you're able to get the bread machine you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patsy, Have you had contact with Bob's Eyes recently? For the past week or so I cannot access his site. Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We left about the same time yesterday for our trip to Los Algodones. I am surprised we did not turn out when he went by...lol Those are some good size set ups for sure and pretty. What brand of Keto bread are you getting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never know your Amazon parcel could still arrive. A few times I have asked for a refund only to have my item show up a few days later.

    ReplyDelete