Thursday, November 2, 2023

Jumping Right Back In

Park Place RV Park 

The temperatures here in Quartzsite right now, are exactly what we come down here for. We woke up around 6 to a mild 47F/8C but it was nice for sleeping. I’m not sure why but I keep waking up around 3:50 am lately. It’s ever since we moved into different time zones, especially the last change. My system is out of whack because once I’m awake, it’s like I’ve slept for my 8 hours. I’ve been trying to stay up later, last night it was 9:45. Tonight it will be later, I hope.

Across the empty lot beside us.......
I get to see the sunrise for now.

Bill was looking forward to his first morning flying with the guys, whoever showed up. 😊 He was washed and ready to leave around 7:30 so packed his batteries and all that stuff he needs and Gibbs and I watched him go. I made my tea and after it was finished, it was about 8:15 so Gibbs and I went for our first walk around the park this trip. I finally tried his harness on him, a commentor suggested that this summer. One day was not a great test as we didn’t meet anyone but I’ll put it on for his walks.

At a few minutes past 9, I walked over to see if any ladies were playing today. Apparently not. According to a couple of the ladies, they have hardly played all summer, just a couple of times recently. I hope that changes, I’ve been looking forward to it. I uncovered the table and practiced with my new cue stick. Boy, do I need the practice! Gerald offered to play a game with me. He’s very good so I know he was being easy on me but also gave me some helpful tips. It was fun!

Gibbs can watch Daddy from the window
out the park and down the street.

Back home around 11, Bill was just getting home too. We sat together and then had some lunch. We needed to pop into town to order a new personal mail box at the Moon Mountain Mail site. Mail will no longer be brought here to the park so I will be sending info out to the family who send us mail over Christmas. Heather and Don, who u82F/27Csed to be hosts here, have bought this new business and seem to be making a go of it. 😊

The clubhouse and our site without
Black Beauty

We got a great rate from being Park Place ‘residents’ that saved us $29.95 for the first year and now we’re all set up. I also picked up another hummingbird feeder at the Surplus store and it works great. It is exactly the same but obviously, the last one was faulty. I filled it and we had visitors soon after. When Bill went to put down our deposit for next winter’s stay, he told me the washers were empty so I took our last 2 loads over.

It's going to be a toughie!

While it was doing its duty, I started a new puzzle. It was a lovely day reaching 82F/28C, perfect for shade sitting in the afternoon. Bill grilled bacon cheeseburgers and I opened a bag of Caesar salad for supper. It was almost too much for this meal but it was very good. I worked on my blog post and Bill found the movie Top Gun:Maverick. We saw this at the drive-in a couple of years ago and liked it so it was worth watching again.

Daddy's little helper

This was a nice first day in our park. We have a clear view to the desert and the eastern sky (for sunrises) right now until our friends and neighbours arrive in that site beside us. 😊 So, we’ll enjoy it while we can and still look forward to seeing Rich and Johnnie.

First barbecue in a while!
Good night!

Thank you for stopping in. Your comments are always appreciated.

13 comments:

  1. It looks like you are getting settled in quickly. Back to old routines. It’s funny how we do that no matter how time has passed. Enjoy.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day, weatherwise and activity wise. Your title is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That burger! YUM!!! I'm sure everyone will be back playing soon!! The puzzle? I hope you finish it before I get there. It looks AWFUL hard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The burger was delicious! I'm sure things will pick up and I'd better be done the puzzle in a week or I'll lose my Puzzle Pat title!

      Delete
  4. It's so nice to see that beautiful blue sky ... I can't wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're starting out with nice weather. Sounds like the three of you are already in a comfortable place and ready to enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we are settled in. We do love it here for many reasons.

      Delete
  6. What lovely weather, not too hot and not too cool. I am sure you will get lots of use from that gazebo.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. The gazebo will be good for both of us. I'll try and share. :)

      Delete
  7. The warm weather sounds wonderful.it's supposed to get up to 9C today with sunshine which we will take. Glad you are settling into your winter routine.

    ReplyDelete