Saturday, November 18, 2023

What Did We Do Today? Do Laptops Have Ears?

Park Place RV Park

It’s Saturday, Nov. 18th and we woke to a beautiful morning. I won’t say it was the best night’s sleep for me but I can always catch up with that. I went upstairs to bed at 10, even though I wasn’t really tired. I sorted our dirty clothes into 2 loads. I wanted to be up and at the laundromat by 7. I tossed and turned until Bill came to bed at a few minutes before 1am. I knew his suppertime nap yesterday would keep him up late. 😊

Good morning, notice the damp pavement.

Off in the distance, it's hard to determine what
is sky, clouds and mountains. Still pretty regardless.




So, with just 5 hours of sleep, I was up at 6:15 feeling quite fresh, actually. It was mild, our windows were open all night. I took the basket over and had the place to myself so loaded both washers. I came back and finished my tea. Bill wasn’t going flying again today, he wanted to finish his solar project. You can see what he has been doing by reading his blog here. He’s been busy! (you might wait until tomorrow)

Catching the sunrise at just the right time.


Kapow! I'm sure we just went up from 60F/16C
to 65F/18C in a blink.

He went to town to get a propane tank filled and pick up a couple of things he needed. No luck for the most part since Discount Solar isn’t open on the weekend but he did fill a propane tank before returning home. I walked over to switch the clothes over to the dryers and sat for about 15 minutes (well, stood really) at the puzzle. I found a few more pieces in the sky area and filled in a few holes left throughout. 😊

There weren't a lot but some puddles were
visible. There is no place for the rain to go.

With the laundry folded, I returned and Bill was hard at it again. What a beauty of a day! Gibbs and I went for our walk around the park and he met with Gerald before we returned home. Around 10 or shortly after, Elva came over to say goodbye. They would be pulling out very soon. After hugs goodbye, I walked back to the puzzle. Since I wasn’t needed anymore to help Bill, Iworked away with Robert and Adele for a bit and then Susan until noon hour. It is coming along and quite enjoyable.

This is all I'll post about Bill's solar project.
I'm entitled to one. ♥

We had salmon sandwiches for lunch and I went back. I’d been working, as Susan called it, ‘out of the box’, putting pieces together at the edge of the table. It was easier doing this than bending over the big table to reach the puzzle. I had quite a few together and wanted to slide them into the body to carry on from there. That went better than I thought. The sky, some mountains and the water were mostly finished. It really shouldn't take too long now to get 'er done. 😊 

It's coming along nicely.

At 2:30, I was done. It was a warm 75F/25C today and that is what we expect to see over the next couple of weeks. We did get a good bout of rain overnight from 2 to 4 and it was odd seeing those puddles and yet nice to smell the wet desert. The rest of the afternoon was quiet. Bill was done his solar stuff, as much as he could, and worked on his planes for the remainder of the afternoon. My missed sleep hours were catching up with me so I just sat with my online games.

a perfect day

Gibbs and I went for our afternoon walk around 4 and visited Carol Ann and Kobos. They just love him and visa versa. We drove to Mountain Quail Café at 5 for our supper for a change. It is a nice family style place and the food is always quite tasty. We each had the Cod baskets with 2 deep fried pieces and 2 sides. Coleslaw and fries it was. Mine were sweet potato, yum. I ate it all and wasn’t overstuffed, even with 2 cups of hot tea. 😊

The waxing crescent moon was on display
when we left at 6:15.

the food was good and the whole
meal w/tip was only $35.

Back home, Bill ran the dishwasher on a short setting and I looked after his feet. Since I have lots of Avon Foot Works products, I gave them the attention they needed. Now they are as soft as a baby's bottom again. With that done, we both sat to write blogs. Don’t forget to check his out. On Our Way, he’s working on it now I did receive my refund for the missing bread machine, her information last night told me that it was ‘lost in transit’. Funny, maybe it will still turn up! 

I know they have the big sign but for such a
tastefully decorated venue, I'm surprised
they don't have a sign on the building. 

Today, I found a different one from Amazon and 30$ less so I’ll try it again! I’ll let you know! I have to wonder if laptops have ears. Last night, I grumbled and whined and complained about mine. Bill and I discussed a summer purchase to replace it. Today, it is working quite quickly. Hmmm. I don't get it.

tonight's sunset after glow.
Good night!

This was a great day. Thank you for the visit!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Glad Bill got your solar up and running. You are a puzzle wizard!! The last refund I got, the item showed up two days later. You might be lucky and end up with TWO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been wonderful. Great picture of the sun shining with the clouds and blue sky. I used to like to put together puzzles with the kids not sure I would have the patience you have for all all those small pieces anymore. No puddles here just some wet chairs...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really having lovely weather. The second puzzle is coming along nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete