Monday, November 20, 2023

Small Poker Pool Group, Filling up the Empty Spaces

Park Place RV Park

On Monday, Nov. 20th (there it goes again, the month is slipping by!) Bill was up around 6:15. He slipped into the bathroom and got washed and dressed before Gibbs even really noticed. 😊 For those concerned about my vertigo, thank you very much and I'm happy to say that I woke up feeling 100%.  Our neighbour, John, asked Bill for some help this morning at 7 am so he wanted to be ready. It was 6:30 when I got up and after he pulled out, I hopped in the shower.

A pretty start to the day.



I'm just going to sit here like a little man
until my Daddy comes back.💗

First things first, I stepped on the scales. I’ve been very pleased over the last couple of weeks, getting closer to what I want to be my ‘ideal’ weight. Today was another surprise. 😉 We’re both doing something right. 

Gibbs and I took our walk and took
notice of how busy the park is right now.

Very few empty sites
That is good news for the managers and the owners.

Bill was still tired and since it was another windy day, he wasn’t concerned about going to the flying field, doubting that many would be there anyway. He dozedi n the chair with Gibbs. I walked over to the clubhouse at 9:15 after getting a couple of earlier texts from Adele and Patti. They were unable to play.

That sun and blue sky promises a beaut of a day!

Barb, Sheila, Susan and I had a great time.
This is Sharky Sheila, setting up a perfect shot.
I should try and capture her 'after' dance though. 😂

So, there were 4 of us and we had a good time finishing at 11:45. Susan and I put a few more pieces in at the puzzle and we returned home for lunch. By the way, I came in 3rd out of 4. LOL But! (there is always a ‘but’) I am still very happy with my cue stick and give myself credit for much better shots this winter. I’m perhaps paying more attention and heeded Gerald’s advice. Bill nipped into town while I was gone and picked up the last few things needed plus a new ring for the toilet.

The drive to Parker was quite and
uneventful

The mountain views show
a bit of blowing sand/dust.




Bill and I had lunch and then around 12:45 left for Parker. We needed a stock up on groceries at Walmart. Stock up we did and $200 later, we returned home with everything on our list. We were prepared for a big bill so we’re not disappointed in the final tally. 😊 Finding a home for everything and still leaving room for some Thanksgiving potatoes and pies, I made myself a tea. Bill went back to help John, it was Black Beauty that was the key element here and he was back within 15 minutes.

But my focus is on the terrain, odd greenery
and of course that ball of sun.
We do love the barren desert.

For supper, it is leftovers. Perfect! We had the last of the meatloaf, some fried potatoes and coleslaw tonight. This has been a good day and with ice cream in the freezer now and bananas on the counter, hmmm, it might be a good night too! Yes, I know, watch the weight go back on. 😊 Under full sunny skies, we reached a lovely 71F/22C. The blowing winds should subside overnight but we haven’t been affected by them today at all.

A good supper. We skipped the ice cream
but did have one of the cookies we brought home today. 
Good night everyone!

Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried the frozen banana craze? Peel, cut up, freeze in single layer. Then make smooth with a blender and a little liquid of choice. (I use almond milk) Add nuts, berries, cocoa, chc. chips, your choice. Like ice cream. Look for videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect, with the amount of walking you've been doing and your other activities, the weight will stay off and more I'm sure.
    I get a kick out of Gibbs standing on the chair to keep an eye for Bill. What a character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gibbs is so funny. I've never seen a dog sit up like he does. I hope Patty saves a nice big spot for my rig!!! You know my backing skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to step up my walking. I find that is the best way along with portion control to lose weight.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete