Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Some Reprieve, Touring and Under the Gazebo

Park Place RV Park

On Tuesday, Nov. 7th I slept in until 6:30 and slowly made the move to get up. I had nothing on my agenda, nor did Bill- really. We had our first morning drinks outside together on the patio. 😊 It was around 67F/19C. Of course, Bill had to tease Rick and Patti, behind us, when we saw them sitting out on theirs. They were in hoodies and long pants. We were in shorts and tees. It is totally understandable, they endured 120F/49C this past summer so 70 would feel cold!

As I watched for the sun to rise over the mountain,
Gibbs sat with Daddy and watched me.

Pop!

Gibbs and I went for our walk and Bill puttered. He doesn’t have a plane to fly so was actually content (enough) staying home. He is the president of the Quartzsite Desert Flyers and with a meeting tomorrow, he had some preparation to work on. When we returned from the walk, I grabbed my purse and went up to the Family Dollar by myself. I wasn’t sure what I’d find but other than mouthwash, I just wanted to peruse.

Our walk
check out the price of diesel
$3.99/gal.
It has been dropping ever since we arrived.

Of course, I found ‘things’. On the 50% off rack, there were 3 summer tops that found their way into my cart. From $7 to $5, I thought the deal was good at $3.50 and $2.50. Both the sales clerk and I were surprised when they were 50% off THOSE prices. That’s almost as good as our clothing exchange! 😊 I was warm by the time I got back, but I was happy to be back in the swing of walking.

I found a painted rock on the bench
along the way
Palo verde trees, my favourite
and the Family Dollar

We decided not to turn the a/c on and as the day wore on, it was the right one. We have been running on solar power every day since we arrived, with the exception of yesterday, so that will save on the hydro bill at the end of the month. I set things up in the gazebo for an afternoon of painting and went to work. I don’t have many rocks but the few I have, were finished and shellacked.

My walkway along S. Plymouth Ave.
Bottom picture is a residence, nice
with the saguaros.

For lunch, we had some of the cheese bread and Bill cleaned up the mac and cheese. I painted some more and was so enthralled, I forgot to get a picture of the set up. Tomorrow, I guess. Around 1:30, Bill and Gibbs were dozing so I walked over to see about starting a new puzzle. There was a group of about 10 ready to play Pokeno and Adele had a puzzle started, border done. Yay! 😊

The puzzle we're working on
today

While they played, I worked away at it. I was home before 4 and poured myself a beer margarita. We all sat outside together until closer to 5:15 when we came in and had a ‘chair’ snooze. For supper, I made us a toasted Western and then I worked on this post. Bill put an old movie on called Strategic Air Command or something like that! 😊 Jimmy Stewart is always worth a watch so I finished and watched it with him.

Gibbs did his best to find a cool spot.
He even has a bed of gravel cleared under the truck

This was a great day. We reached 83F/28C and it will cool down tomorrow for a few days. 

A toasted Western for supper
Yum!
Good night!

Thank you for the visit!

16 comments:

  1. What a pretty stain glass window you two bought for your door. Your pool hats are very snazzy. We noticed diesel had dropped in price but it has been a while since we have seen it for under $4. We made it through today with no AC also; yesterday it got a workout...😎 Not complaining we are enjoying the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. We're loving the price drop too, not that we need it as often now that we're here, but still. The a/c is there when we need it, sometimes that is all we need to know. 😅

      Delete
  2. I'm green with envy over the weather. We had about 5 inches of snow yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeuch!! Be careful out there. It's the driving and walking that i hate most about that stuff.

      Delete
  3. We didn't get the snow Maebeme got yesterday, instead we were delivered freezing rain. It did, however, snow during the wee hours of this morning. Just a dusting though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good puzzle ... lots of color changes!! Great find at the Dollar store too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect day :-) And great header picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a Denver for lunch! That puzzle does look great. Gibbs is getting into "the zone" !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things have slowed down for you and relaxing is the days agenda, I guess. Too bad about Bill's plane, they just don't want to stay airborne. Hope he has it back up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freezing rain today and supposed to be thunder storms tonight. Your sunshine sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to enjoy a nice day with nothing to do. Loved sunrise pictures.

    ReplyDelete