Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Fulfilling my End of the Responsibilities

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Sept. 18th I woke up around 6:25 when Bill came up to say goodbye. I’d been awake briefly when he took Gibbs out but dropped off again. I didn’t even get out of bed to say goodbye today, tsk tsk. I know he doesn’t mind as I had no reason to be up that early. šŸ˜Š

Good morning!
So, I won't share my attempt at photographing 
the (full) Harvest Moon last night, but 
wow, was it ever bright!

It was about an hour later when I lifted my head and saw Gibbs stretched across the bottom of the bed, sound asleep. I always hate to disturb either of my sleeping babes so I carefully did my leg stretches in bed. He woke and I got my morning kiss/face wash. I slipped into those Arizona leggings I mentioned yesterday and a top and came down for a leisurely cup of tea.

Most of the grass got cut this morning.
The section in the right corner had to wait.

I laid out cushioning (2 blankets) on the hard floor and did a couple of the ‘blocking’ exercises I’ve started. If you are curious, Google Blocking – it’s easier than me explaining it and I’m still in the learning and understanding process. šŸ˜Š I then got dressed for outdoors and pulled the mower out of the shed around 9. Time to get to work and get my lawn cut.

It really grows in this section,
more shaded

Well, it looked much better after 30 minutes, as the mower chewed up the dried leaves in the far west corner behind the Bunky. Crunch, crunch and they are mulch for the garden (if I did that, which I don’t). With just one small section left on the east side in front of the barbecue table, the battery died. I plugged it in and took that as a sign to stop for a break. It was another warm, ahem, hot day and the shade felt good! I 

Gibbs was quite content in the shade
as was I, with my book.
Check out my book mark, a good mantra.

With no errands to run today in town, I set my mind to one more thing to help Bill, my working man. Slowly running the process through my sometimes-thick brain, I pulled the Blue boy around and dumped the black tank. I have not mastered running the riding mower from start to finish yet, so had to make two trips, pulling it across the lot to the dump station at the outhouse. One day I will get more familiar with the rider and make it easier on myself. šŸ˜Š

I made myself a tortilla pizza
for lunch. Yuuummmmyyy!

When that was done, I cooled off for a bit before finishing up with the small patch of lawn. All done but I had no energy to lift the mower back into the shed. I’m sure Bill won’t mind. While resting, I was able to finish my book. It wasn't James Patterson - sorry - it was Janet Evanovich, The Job. I had a large chicken breast out for supper and I made up a semi-keto apple crisp for dessert. I miss having something some nights so thought this would be a treat. Who doesn’t love apple crisp?

Then I went out and cut this corner of lawn
Gibbs approves

Time for a shower and then start my blog with a cup of tea. I did try a cup of mint tea, with leaves that I dried the other day and ixnayed that completely. It mainly didn’t work because my little sifter thingy didn’t hold the mint in but I don’t think I’ll try again anytime soon anyway. šŸ˜Š I like my black tea. Bill was home by 5:30 and after he relaxed, we had supper.

Chicken in Rosy, the air fryer,
coleslaw and a few red potatoes.

It was all very good and the dessert was absolutely delicious! This was a great day, a couple of degrees cooler than yesterday with a bit more breeze. Again, no humidity so we didn’t need the a/c again.

This was the best idea of the day!
It is mostly keto except for 1/4 cup of oatmeal
blended in with the nuts, butter and sugar substitute.
Good night!

Thank you for the visit!

2 comments:

  1. Always satisfying when you get the outdoor chores finished.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lawn looks great. Good exercise doing that!!

    ReplyDelete