Tuesday, September 3, 2024

The Wilsons Have Left the Ridge, Summer Again

The Ridge

It was a clear sky on Tuesday, Sept. 3rd when we got up. I could have slept longer, I think, snuggled in there under our warm duvet. I pulled it out from under the bed last night and was grateful for it. It was a lovely sleep. So, at 7, Bill was almost ready for work and it didn’t take me long. We both left the Suite at 7:20. The Mat had one customer when I walked in and she was in and out transferring her comforters to the dryers.


Good morning
and
Good bye friends!

I was done in an hour and went to fill our water jug before heading for home. Our company weren’t out yet, it was only 8:45 when I pulled in. 😊 I finished my tea, played some of my games before it was time to go and pick M up for his run into Durham. I popped over to say goodbye to Ken and Kim before I pulled out at 9:50. It has been great having our company, we didn’t think we’d be seeing them until the winter in the sunny south. Their visit was a lovely surprise and always good times.

Gibbs and I went up on the berm and the garden
there surprised me.
Later hostas were just blooming along with some
Dahlias

We picked up the apples that had fallen off the tree
after watching our friends leave

When I returned at 10:30, they were finishing with the hookup process so I got one more hug from Kim before they left. The air felt cool this morning but with a full sunny sky, it was going to be a pleasant day. By then, it was coffee time so I made it and went outside to sit in my gravity chair. Today, I sat with my back to the sun so I could finish my online games and read my book. I got a fair bit of rays yesterday.

One ready to boom and 2 on the left in the wings.

I had a wedding gift to wrap so I took care of that and then crossed it off my list. Yes, I need a list so I don’t forget to do things before the weekend. With the week shorter than usual, it wouldn’t surprise me to think I still had an extra day! 😊 I finished my book over lunch while I ate my tortilla pizza. It was good but I didn’t have any cheddar left to add to the top. We’re going shopping tonight when Bill gets home.

My pizza today was loaded and delicious

It all fits on my table, however jumbled right now

Now, isnt this a nice picture?

Gibbs was outside with me for quite a while until he ran out of shade on the steps. He wanted in and I went to the Bunky to start my next puzzle. I picked it up on the weekend so wanted to get at it. I have a few now to work on. This is 1000 pieces and fills the whole table. Before I came in for a cup of tea, I finished the border and some of the inside picture. It is going to be fun.

We walked down to check the mail

and I picked more tomatoes
The Poblano peppers are from Ken.
I'm going to try and stuff them tomorrow or Friday.

When Bill got home around 4:45, he relaxed for about 15 minutes and then we drove to Guelph, 95 km from here, to Costco. We were running out of things and also wanted to add more of our ‘winter stockup’ items to the cupboards. We left around 5:30 and didn’t get home until almost 9:30. It is ridiculous that it is already dark now by 9. Our summer is slipping away. We did get a lot of items, 95% of what was on our list and not much else. 😉

I tried to get a good picture of the beautiful
orange sun on the drive

Supper on the way home at A & W in Fergus.
Cheddar Bacon Uncle Burger combo

Gibbs was happy to see us and happier that there is cheddar cheese in the house again. I worked on my blog and Bill made his sandwich for tomorrow’s lunch before we called it a night. 

We followed the pink sky homeward.

I finished my book today so earlier today had to bring more in from the Bunky for my winter reading. We had a lovely day, reaching a nice high of 20C/72 under sunny skies. That means it felt much warmer to me.

I had taken pictures of the hooks I bought for my clothes hangers but seem to have deleted them. I'lll take more tomorrow and include them in Wednesday's blog. It will help explain what I was talking about.

It was quite beautiful
Good night!

Thank you for the visit!

8 comments:

  1. We've lost over Two Hours of sunlight, since the days started getting shorter.
    Nice to start stocking up early in the season.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about the earlier sundown is Eli is willing to go to bed. He needs to, now that school is back in session. :)
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of your berm looking down. Such nice setting as if a golf course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're on the opposite side of your countdown clock - we'll be heading home in a few weeks and you will be outbound! It's all good. Nice rocks, especially the Kokopelli. Have fun with the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete