Monday, September 30, 2024

A Special Day for a Very Special Man

The Ridge

On Monday, Sept. 30th Bill was up, as usual, at 5:30 for work. If you know him, you know he rarely stops. For that reason alone, I’m glad we go south for the winter because it forces him to take a 6-month break – for him, for us. Every fall, he says, this will be my last summer, or he says, I’ll just work a few days a week next summer. 😊 Well, today, my workaholic is celebrating a birthday. I’ll never catch him in years; it kind of feels like hopping on Jazz – I’ll follow him anywhere, and thank him for forging the years ahead of me.

No picture from the morning sun today.

Some of the reasons we work during the summer may be to keep active but a lot of it is to save extra money for our winter travels. My jobs are easy but Bill’s are not always that way. He enjoys working for his friend, Mike, and with his friend, Billy, so seldom complains unless he is feeling discomfort in his aging body. Let’s not complain about our aging bodies though, it beats the alternative! 😊 So, he’d opened his greeting cards this morning and with good wishes and kisses from Gibbs and I, he headed out at 6:30.

What you see here is
Our Greeter

What you see here..........

and here is
Our Security Guard.
Both delightful to have around and they
don't eat much! 💖

It was a lovely looking morning and since I had nothing going on until 10 am, I went back to bed until Gibbs and I got up at 7:30. We had tea together, I drank it and he sat beside me, played my games and took M into town as promised. We were back home within the hour and I had thought I might get out into the gardens today, before the rain tomorrow. That didn’t happen.

Instead, I made cupcakes!

I changed my mind and decided to make something for the birthday boy. I had to pick up cupcake papers, I never have them when I need them! Bill likes carrot cake so since the individual cupcakes are easy for him to take for lunch, that’s what I made. He only has this week left to work but we’ll devour them somehow! Gibbs was in and out during the baking process, guarding the property from the shaded stoop and from the back of my chair indoors. 😊

He was a cutie and a great song writer and entertainer.
We're losing all the good ones. 

I heard from Bill this morning that Kris Kristofferson passed away on Saturday. That news just breaks my heart although the last time I saw him on stage also broke my heart. He had been diagnosed with memory loss and Lyme disease. I texted Bill at noon to see how his day was going and got a thumbs up, so that is good. He was home before 4:30 and had stopped at the Acreage to get our bladder filled with water.

The Gate Garden is winding down, slowly with
still a few budlets.

On duty, is something in the bushes?

A peek into the pond area.
Overgrown, like everywhere else.

Supper was grilled burgers, you know the kind, and awesome tasting, as usual. I lit candles on Bill’s cupcake and although my picture is backwards, he blew them out and we each had one. Yummy and deadly! Ha ha. After cleaning up the coffee mugs (not dishwasher advised) Bill went to the Hangar. Last night, we started watching The Floor again and enjoyed the challenges. Rob Lowe is fun to watch too.

Yummy burgers once again.

This was a lovely day, reaching 24C/74F with lots of sunshine. I hope you had a good start to the week as well. 😊

Our birthday boy today. 💘
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Only one of the Four Horsemen left. I saw him in Cincinnati at Music Hall. My husband surprised me with the tickets. This was in the 1970s. Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Bill ! The beard looks good ~ cupcakes look good too ! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Bill !
    Patsy it was sweet of you to bake a favorite food for
    him.Gibbs is a really cute
    security guard,-Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Bill.
    Be Safe while you Enjoy the last few days working this year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete