Sunday, September 1, 2024

Time with Friends, Late Post! Oh No!

The Ridge

On Saturday, Aug. 31st when Bill woke up at 4 am, he heard the water pump running, pretty steady. It has been acting up over the last month, seemingly running for longer spurts each day. Not a big deal right now. However, when he noticed that we were out of water (woops!) he shut the pump off and told me (at 6:15) that he was going to the Acreage to fill the bladder.

Good morning!
It was lovely once the clouds cleared out.

I felt bad for him as he had planned to go flying with Ken at 8. It was a lovely morning to fly so I even felt worse that he’d be late going. He didn’t seem too bothered, taking the bull by the horns and doing what needed to be done for the good of our lifestyle. When he returned and had transferred the water, we washed and they left around 8:45 for the field.

My yard sale buddies today
modeling a set of Milwaukee storage containers

I texted Kim and invited her to do some yard sale ‘touring’ around town and the area. She jumped at the chance. Donna and Gerry would be at the Acreage around 10 so we waited until 10:20 and drove over to pick her up as well. It was fun and the weather was perfect for it. I can’t recall exactly how many we stopped at but it was less than 10 and more than 5, some big, some small, most productive for Donna and I. We walked away with at least one thing each time. 😉

At Robin's, Mildred greeted and then got
bored with all the chatter. 💖

Last stop before dropping my sister off was Robin’s sale. The girls have both met her before so it was a nice little visit while poking around. The rest of the afternoon, we hung out with the guys, never a lull in our conversation. 

Enjoying the afternoon together
with a cold beverage on a hot day

Supper was delicious
with Ken's homemade pickles to boot!

I ate so much! Yummy!

The Wilson’s provided our supper tonight which was a treat, we’re spoiled! It was peameal bacon on a bun, hash brown casserole and Caesar salad. Yum!

The evening was calm but cooled off
quickly. I had to get my Quartzsite poncho out.


Our 'not spoiled at all' little bum loves
Aunt Donna. She knows the good spots. ♥

After the meal, which we ate outside at our picnic table, Bill rekindled the fire he’d started earlier. The winds died down and Donna and Gerry joined us around 7:30. It was a nice evening together, sometimes laughing until our cheeks hurt (usually at one our own expenses), and we parted ways by 10:00. It was a great fire!

Bill kept it roaring all night.

The temperature today reached 25C/77F feeling hotter than that in the sun but the breeze made it lovely. We truly had a great day!

Good night!

Thank you for stopping in.

10 comments:

  1. We definitely enjoyed the lovely day! It was nice to see Donna and Gerry. And I did enjoy the yard sales, even though I came back empty handed 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your enthusiasm with the yard sales! Are you sure you're not a sister? :)
      It was fun looking!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully not another repair, just water. Yard sales are always more fun with company. Dinner looks yummy!!! I know you are enjoying the time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we just misjudged how much we had because the gauges have always been off. :)
      Thank you Nancy, we are enjoying the time. ♥

      Delete
  3. That Milwaukee Storage/Toolbox is very mobile and separates mostly Tools for the different jobs. You don't see those being sold at sales too often.
    Glad you are all enjoying the long weekend.
    Be Safe and Enjoy being with Friends.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sent the picture to Bill and although the price was good, the seller had discarded all off the inner trays. Not much good for Bill's use without them. Too bad.
      Thank you Rick.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to find that many yard sales. They are getting few and far between here with Facebook Marketplace and other garage sale sites.

    Hope you found some great bargains.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice day! I do hope the water pump isn't on its last legs.
    I'm glad Rick provided a description of the storage boxes - I had no idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I guess I should have went further re the storage boxes. These didnt have inner trays like they would if bought new. Or, if they had, I would have bought them for Bill.

      Delete