Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Day Three in Bayfield, Birthday Boy

Kew Cottage, Bayfield, On

On Wed. Sept. 11th I slept in. I know I woke up early and it was still dark out so I rolled over and went back to sleep. It was quite warm in the bedroom so I had to remove the duvet. Next thing I knew, it was 7:45 and I’ve never slept that late – well, not for a while. It was around 11:30 pm when we all said goodnight so that is my excuse. 😊

Good morning!
Our day started off with some brain teasing.

I joined Audrey, Gayle and Donna downstairs (we had the upstairs bedrooms) and Cathy soon came out of her downstairs room. It is quite quiet and today we didn’t have anything pre-planned so we found it even more relaxing. Brunch is always on the agenda but not until 10:30 or later so we have our morning brew and nibble (banana and yogourt for me) earlier. We played our Scrabble game and worked on the large crossword until it was time to go.


What a great place to eat!

Today, the Renegade restaurant was open so we took a recommendation from The Bayfield Bunch to try it. We were able to walk the 3 minutes to the venue from the Kew Cottage bnb. 😊 The best news was to see that Eggs Benedict was on the menu and boy, oh, boy, was it delicious. 4 out of 5 of us ordered it with the Renegade Spuds (thinly sliced potatoes), a definite must! Let me just say, our plates were almost licked clean. Almost, that would have been unacceptable in a public place! Ha ha. Thank you, Al and Kelly, for the tip!


Enjoying the many porches around the house

The driveway side

Back ‘home’ we continued with the games and moved to the side deck to enjoy the warmth of the day. It was beautiful! Around 3, we decided to check out the Bayfield Berry & Winery on Orchard Line. Although it wasn’t a typical winery, not like we are used to, we chatted with the pleasant staff and everyone purchased something to take away. She was kind enough to oblige our request for a picture with the pumpkins before we left for home.

Bayfield Berry Farm

A wine to share

Audrey popped into the LCBO and bought a bottle of wine to share and it was quite tasty. Dry is not my choice and this Kim Crawford Sauvignon is perfect. It was time for some goofy photos so I set up my Canon on the tripod and let it snap away. I’m only sharing one (or two) here, the others are just too silly. By 6:30, we were ready for supper so walked back to the Renegade and took advantage of their delicious meals.

Renegades is on the corner

Yummy - even though blurred

I had the small Deluxe pizza and it was wonderful! I ate the whole thing! After walking back, Gayle and I walked straight down Cameron towards the water, as far as we could go without going down the narrow trail. It was just too steep in the dark! I called Bill when I returned and worked on my blog and the games until bedtime. 😊

This should look familiar to my hubby.

Gayle and I walked down towards the lake

It has been another great day! We reached a high of 25C/78F under clear skies again. Perfect! 

Sunflower (Snelgrove) girls 💕

I got this picture sent to me this afternoon
The message said "Hi Mom, I miss you. I'm being good
and keeping an eye on dad."

My son, Patrick, is celebrating his 45th birthday today so I made 

sure to get in touch with him. Hard to believe my children are that old!

My handsome son.
Happy Birthday, Patrick!💘
Good night!

Thank you for the visit.

8 comments:

  1. What a great house and that eggs Benedict - my fav!!! Great pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I only have one sister and we spend a lot of time together, I can only imagine how much fun you guys have on your get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is handsome,how nice of Bill to send you photos of Gibbs, I'm glad you're enjoying Lady fest -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Patrick. Glad you're enjoying your visit with the Snelgrove Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the sunflower girls are having a wonderful time. What a nice thing for Bill to do .send you a picture of Gibbs with a little note. I love it.
    What a great picture of you with your sisters.
    Keep on enjoying Lady Fest. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vacation property looks lovely. Such a nice way to share time with your sisters.
    Glad to hear that Gibbs is doing well with his job. :)
    Happy Birthday to your son, Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still having fun is good and meals look fantastic.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What good looking sisters! As the youngest of five sisters, this really makes me miss our sisters trips….no one is able anymore, so soak up those good times! An Arkansas reader😊

    ReplyDelete