Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Taking It Easy – Being Lazy

The Ridge

On Wednesday, Sept. 4th I had a day off. Bill was up and, on his way, to work by 7:30, as per his usual. Gibbs and I just took it easy, here at home, as per our usual. 😊

Good morning!

Bill gets his cookies out for his lunch
Gibbs has cookies up there too.
He wastes no time at all hopping up so
Daddy doesn't forget.

When my tea was finished, I did some exercises and then painted my toe nails. I don’t have nice finger nails, at all, but took the time to trim them as best I could. I’ll put a light colour on them on Friday afternoon.

Almost missed this morning's Moonflower

Because the weather is not looking very nice for the day of the wedding, , I am definitely going to need a sweater or jacket or both. It will be indoors if need be, but it will be a late evening and cold at midnight. So, that being said, I got my dress out and shawl to see what else I would need – that didn’t look too out of place. I was happy with the result and rehung it in the closet.

Speaking of closets
This is the before picture.
Notice how many hangers are on the bar.

I ordered these hooks from Amazon

I love the result.
Yes, they hang lower but that's ok.
Look at the number of hangers on the bar.

We’d bought paper towels and Kleenex from Costco so I restocked the overhead cupboards. The balance will go in the Bunky for the winter. Gibbs and I went outside and had some play time together. He runs, I pretend to chase, he rolls in the grass, I rub his tummy – repeat, repeat until he crashes, flat out, nose to the ground and then he gets a drink.

Someone was playful today
Come get me, Mom.

Oh! Did I hear a car?
Nah, so rub my tummy please!

For lunch, I didn’t feel hungry so had the same thing I had for breakfast. Yogourt and a coffee. Well, for brekky it was tea. The coconut oil I use in both fills me until it is tea time mid-afternoon. The older I get, the less of an appetite I have. I worked on the puzzle and Gibbs spent time both inside and outside in the shade. It wasn’t ridiculously hot today, although they were calling for a high of 27C/82F. There was enough of a breeze to keep it pleasant under the clear, sunny skies.

Games over, time to get to work on
securing the Ridge.

Bill was later getting home than usual tonight as he had to take Black Beauty back in for her safety. We knew she needed tire rod ends in order to get her yellow sticker. Just when you get one thing paid off…………..you know. Ouch! It cost a bundle but we do what has to be done. We need a good running truck to pull the Suite. 

From the berm where we played,
the Suite looks lonely

He lit the Weber Q to barbecue the steak I had thawed. We had a baked potato too and today I stuffed 2 Poblano peppers that the Wilson’s gave us. 😊

I love this puzzle

It was delllicious!! We ate llike Kkings and Queens tonight! We cleaned up the dishes, actually jjust lloading them in the dishwasher and Billlll made his llunch. I lleft this paragraph the way it typed and you can see that I am having a problem with my kkeyboard. I’lllll have to callll tomorrow to see what can be done, this is ridiculous! Iff it isn’t one thing, it is another. Sometimes both at the same time. Grrr!

What a great meal topped off with a French Vanilla
Premium ice cream cone. 💓
Good night!

What a great day! I enjoyed just hanging out with Gibbs and crossing things off my list for the upcoming week.

Thank you for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Supper does look delicious! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had steak yesterday! Shrimp tonight. Gibbs is so cute up on the berm in the shade!
    The puzzle is coming along! Guess I might have a baked potato tomorrow night!! THX :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've both had similar problems and fix it by restarting our computers.
    Looks like you had a good day. Supper looks inviting.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating to say the least, sticky keys, if that's what it is. :)

      Delete
  4. Truck repairs never end, though I'm thankful I haven't had that many over the years. Your steak looks delicious ... and I love poblano peppers!!! I use the same type hooks for my hangars, putting clothes for ten days in the space of five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our truck, part of the family now so we have to look after her. ♥ Between her and Gibbs, we're going broke! haha Those peppers were very good, first time for us.
      Those hooks are a great invention!

      Delete
  5. For the miles you put on your truck, it is imperative to keep it in good working order. Nothing is inexpensive these days but safety first.
    Are poblano peppers spicy/hot? I don't believe I've ever tasted them - jalapeno, yes. Though I'm not a huge fan.
    At least you can blame your keyboard. I have to proof read everything a couple of times because I miss keys or mispell words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the truck. We need BB so must keep her up and running.
      No, poblano peppers are not hot at all. (the seeds are though, don't touch your lips after handling them - ask me how I know!)
      ha ha too funny about the keyboard.

      Delete
  6. Oh...that steak looked delicious. What do you use to stuff the poblanos?

    ReplyDelete