Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Another Dull Drizzly Fall Day, Propane Topped Up, Priceville Post Office Business, PVR Afternoon


Clemson slept right up against me all night so not only was I warm, I also felt strapped to one position. It was just before 7 on Tuesday, Oct.2nd when we got up for the day. My fingers automatically hover over the S for September until I realize it isn’t so anymore. We have moved onward. The countdown is rushing at us like a freight train. We had our tea and coffee together, getting some blog reading done and then Bill took the 2 40-lb tanks into Durham for propane.

Even the turbines are mostly invisible in the drizzle
We know this will be the expensive month, trying to keep the Suite warm and our toes as well. Oh well, it is what it is. It is nice to see that there will be a bit of a warm up starting tomorrow and lasting for a week. That will also help with the heating costs. The best part of the forecast is when it shows sunshine as that is a spirit lifter, for sure. When Bill got back, he had a few outside jobs to take care of but I was yet to be encouraged to go outside.

Greek yogourt waffles and bacon
I’m missing my long walks but the rain is keeping me at bay for the moment. It feels like I’ve fallen off another wagon, not of my own volition. Before we knew it, it was 10:30 and I could feel the gnawing pangs of hunger so mixed up a batch of Greek Yogourt pancakes for breakfast. We’ll have to have bacon since I’m pretty sure the freezer is not harboring any mini sausages. Instead of pancakes, I used the waffle iron and they turned out good that way too.

Priceville Post Office
We cleaned up dishes and Bill headed back outside. He was completing small jobs left, right and centre. I wasn’t doing much of anything with the exception of getting more book pages put together. We took a drive to Priceville around 2:30 and set things up for our mail to be forwarded once we leave the area. It gets re-directed to my sisters in Hanover. She monitors what comes and informs us of anything that looks like it needs attention. Nothing too much to worry about.

The cost to have things put on Hold is exorbitant so we do it this way and also know stuff isn’t just sitting somewhere for 6 months. It is expensive enough to do this at $135 but it is worth it to us. We drove back home in the drizzly day and I felt better for not being ‘out there’. It isn’t a pleasant day at all even though it did warm up to 54F/12C, it sure didn’t feel like it. We had a snack of cheese and crackers to tide us over until supper and I made myself a tea.
I guess it wasn't the best summer for Rose of Sharon's
Only 1 flower and we almost missed it because of the rain
I took a peek at my tomatoes and the plants themselves are looking pretty rough but other than a couple of dropped green fruit, they were hanging in there. They need sunshine to perk and ripen them up. Supper will be simple with farmer’s sausage, carrots and either rice or potatoes so the rest of the afternoon we sat watching programs that we had recorded over the last week. This was the perfect day for boob-tubing.


I hope you have enjoyed your day and I thank you for joining us today.

10 comments:

  1. Too bad it did not warm up a bit for you, we were quite comfortable here when the rain stopped and got to 63 , so were able to putter around outside and get some relaxing reading done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill didn't find it too bad but the drizzle made the 54 seem cool to me.

      Delete
  2. When the weather is Rainy it is hard to get much done outside.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dampness is not comfortable for sure, Bill worked outside for part of the day in and out of the sheds but I stayed inside and did other lazy type things!

      Delete
  3. Your mail service is cheap. At my post office I paid $350 to have it forwarded for three months. A post office box big enough to hold everything now costs me $300 a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heads up, warmer, nicer weather is coming. I agree, the mail forwarding cost is exorbitant here in Canada even more so when just for a shorter time than yours. BTW I just caught up with blogs and I am sorry I missed Bills birthday, so happy belated birthday wishing him many more returns. Sorry about the little pug and I know your son must be heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Marlene, we'll take the warm up but we also need the rain to stop! Never happy, are we? :)
      Thank you for Bill's wishes, np, everyone is busy. He had a good day.
      Patrick will miss little Grunt for a while.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of the waffles instead of pancakes..on my agenda now! The little post office is really cute, but wow to have them forward your mail is expensive! Saw Nancy said it was 350 for her, that's ridiculous! We actually had a little rain here yesterday, such a nice surprise as we hardly ever get any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that post office a nice building? :)
      We'll gladly send you some rain, Shirley, we've had about enough!!!

      Delete