Sunday, March 20, 2022

A Mixed Bag of a Day, Happy Hour with Great Friends, Pix from Home

Park Place RV Resort

On Sunday, Mar. 20th it was warm from the very beginning of the day when Gibbs and I got up for our walk. Over 60F/15C at 7:30. I really didn’t even need my hoody, yet I wore it. When we returned home, I was very happy to shed the extra layer. 😊

I bet there was a pretty sunrise but I wasn't up to see it


Bill wasn’t rushing off but he was getting ready to go to the field. There wasn’t much wind but he was going off to visit with the guys regardless. I had already decided to wash the sheets off the bed so walked over that way around 9. I met Nancy and Cooper out for one of their morning walks. When I’d had my tea and the load was done, I returned to transfer them into the dryer.

The Palo Verde trees are really greening up lately

The Azalea bushes are glorious in colour

While waiting for it, I worked at the puzzle. It wasn’t long and I was happy to see Nancy walk in to help. I wasn’t sure if she’d want me to text her so I’m glad she walked over. We finished it! Tadah! 

It's a beautiful challenging puzzle
I think I might take it home if my sisters
are interested. ????

We parted ways with an agreement to get together after lunch. I am looking after Johnathon tomorrow while she looks after her truck so I needed some direction. 😊

The Q mountain always brings back memories
of climbing it with our friends Gerry and Melinda in 2017

I've seen this pretty little Nova before but only from the rear end
It's so nice! I'd love it in my driveway!

Bill and I nipped into Roadrunner Grocers and the Food tent for a few items and then had lunch when we returned. I paid a visit to Nancy’s Reflection to get the scoop on what and how to feed Johnathon, the parrot. I’m up to the task. 

Many rv'ers are preparing to leave the area for their
summer homes
On this lot, the motorcycle, cargo trailer and truck camper have
left

I wonder whose prints these are?
How else can I see out, Mom?

While I was there, I was thoroughly entertained by 12 yr. old, Cooper. What a sweet little guy he is with his antics with the squeaky ball. It was crazy to see the strong winds turn to rain and we watched the dark clouds to the west move over us.

Cooper loves his squeaky ball and loves it
even more if you play with him

He fetches it, drops it in front of himself and pushes it
ever so gently with his nose ♥

Lori and Roland had invited us to their Alliance site in the parking lot around the corner and that’s where the 3 of us went. It was a sit-inside day but we were all easily seated in their toy hauler. Once more, it was a great Happy Hour and we were entertained by yet another sweet little pooch. Schatzi is 11 but in all of her 6 lbs., she puts you in mind of a 8 month puppy. Except in her antics.

There were some darker clouds that brought rain &
had us retreating to shelter inside our homes
but the rain never lasted long

She was fun to watch and Bill was thrilled that she, for the very first time, jumped up on his lap. He was sitting in ‘Daddy’s chair’ so that may have played a part. 😊 We left before 5 as it was time to start prepping our own supper. I’ve had my pet fix for the day, with the parrot and 2 pups other than our own little bum. The sun had returned and so had some of the heat.

And there was little Schatzi
What a sweetheart ♥

Today wasn’t an overly hot day, reaching 73F/23C, so quite comfortable. I made a pan of lasagna and as usual, it turned out very messy. This time it upset me as it was more like soup. It tastes good but I’ve just decided that the next time, I will cut the sauce in half. It’s either that or just stop making it! Nancy had given us a package of Caesar salad so we had that on the side plus some of the delicious fresh cheese bread I bought today. Yum!

Supper was good although messy
Typical of my lasagna 

The cookies are a sweet treat

I also made some Oatmeal No Bake cookies and with just 3 ingredients, they were simple and tasted wonderful. Yup, not even keto but still a great treat. They need to stay in the fridge or freezer. With the dishwasher loaded, we spent the evening doing our normal things. Blog, tv, books. It has been a great day.

And 2400 miles away, the Ridge
is clear of snow

Gerry needed 4-wheel drive to get
through some of the snow but he made it
and this is the view looking down to the road
Yes, more snow will fall but this is amazing for March!

Good night!

Thank you for your visit! Your comments always make writing worthwhile.

18 comments:

  1. One piece of advice. Don't let Jonathon get hold of your finger.😄 Lots of little white doggies around there. I watched NCIS LA tonight for the first time in ages. Great show but they do look older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😅 yes i won't make that mistake!!
      It's funny seeing our tv personalities aging, eh?

      Delete
  2. I saw a recipe today for chicken broccoli lasagna. It looked really good! If I'm going to make it, I have to make it soon as we don't use the oven in the hot weather. Seemed like you had a great day with the pets you visited! Lovely puzzle too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spounds good to me but Bill wouldn't like it. Broccoli is not in his list of did to eat unless it's raw with dip. Let me know how you liked it!
      So many cute puppies.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good day over your way. The clouds did a lovely job today making shadows in the mountains. The rain was certainly a surprise. I have always wondered how they get those nice squares of lasagna they put on your plate in restaurants...lol if it tasted good that is what counts is my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clouds probably made for a pretty sunset too but i forgot to look!
      My Lasagna never used to look so soupy so i must be adding too much sauce to increase the amount.🤔

      Delete
  4. How funny that Schatzi rolls her food around instead of a ball!! The rain sure was a surprise!! I can't thank you enough for taking care of Jonathan while I'm gone. Lugging a cage around a waiting room can be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she sweet? They all have their own little kid personalities.
      Easy peasy looking after Johnathan. Not worries at all.

      Delete
  5. Your lasagna looks delicious! Who cares if it's messy?! I'd rather have more sauce than not enough LOL. Betty's lasagna sounds yummy too. Nice pictures of the Ridge, if only it would stay that way...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. It did taste good and will thicken up overnight for great leftovers.
      The Ridge looks great!

      Delete
  6. Not too bad looking at the Ridge for this time of year. There is a lot of movement in all the campgrounds now and so many rigs are already on the move. That puzzle would be good to keep if it is a difficult one and can be replayed sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks great up at the Ridge.
      Kind of sad to see people leave but if we don't leave, we can't come back.haha!
      I think I'll keep this puzzle. 👍

      Delete
  7. If you had served me that lasagna and cheese bread I would have said "thank you very much ". Looked good to me. All the babies are so cute. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Elva! If it would mean seeing you, I would serve you lasagna. ♥

      Delete
  8. I forgot to mention those cookies look AMAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the snow is sure disappearing at the Ridge. Getting ready to welcome you home.

    You definitely got your pet fix! The puzzle looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ridge will be white again either before or after we're home but that's okay. It just needs to be warm. :)

      Delete