Friday, March 4, 2022

Weather Change, Easy Puzzle, ArriveCan

Park Place RV Resort

On Friday, Mar. 4th I woke to Gibbs barking at something at 5:30. I heard Bill admonish him and tell him to go back to sleep. My little window beside me was open all night and I’m sure he’d heard someone going off to work. There are those here that aren’t retired. Poor them. LOL So, Gibbs not only went back to sleep but slept until 7 when Bill got up to take him out for his morning constitution. 😊

After a short walk with Gibbs,
I ventured out on my own

He didn’t sleep after that but did everything in his power to come between us. He’s so jealous and if he can’t get between us, he’ll lay right on top of us vying for snuggles too. I can’t complain too much, I love his cuddly nature. Bill complains enough for both of us. Ha ha! We got up at 7:30 and Gibbs and I set out for our walk. We didn’t get 5 minutes down the highway and he stopped, looking at me. He didn’t want to walk today, apparently, so we returned to our site.

Talk about sticker shock!
I know it is terrible back home too

I love the walkway along the highway
The palo verde trees are so 'well mannered' 😀

I dropped him inside and told Bill I was continuing on my walk. I went the whole gamut this morning, walking with no sniff or piddle breaks, around the big block, past the Police station, Post Office and up the divided library road. I did cut through Arizona Sun RV Park this time, for the first time, just nosy enough to see what it was like. I like ours better, wider roads and mostly wider sites. Patty says their clubhouse is nicer but I’ll never know and I like ours anyway.

All winter, I have waited to see the greening up of the
beautiful Ocotillo cacti
The top right is just beginning, the left picture in full greenery
and bottom right, two sweet babies bright and healthy
I know one blog reader for sure who will appreciate these. 💓
for you Deb D.

Back home, I made my tea and had a couple of tangelos/Clementines/tangerines whatever we all choose to call them. 😊 It was a warm morning, 57F/13C, but it was windy and we knew that would only increase as the day wore on. At 9:30, I went to the clubhouse with another one of my own puzzles. I bought this one at Value Village back home and love the picture. I can pretend it is a younger Mom at the piano. When I got it out and ready to start, I realized that it was a small one. Sue said that I would have this one done today. Funny.

Such a pretty picture
Too bad it's such an easy puzzle to do
I would have liked it to last longer than a couple of days

I'll still enjoy it and leave this one behind for someone else
in the park 

I worked until 11:30 and had to admit that if I kept at it, I probably could have finished it. My plan was to go back this afternoon. We sat together at the table and Bill registered us on the app that we are required to fill out to cross the land border back into Canada. If things change between now and then and we don’t need it, no big deal. Only one of us needs to register for the two of us so he did that and we have our information saved and in our file. We just need to input the additional information regarding our negative Covid-19 tests (rapid antigen) before we cross. I know Bill is relieved to have that started. 😊

My toasted Reuben, much better today
for some reason

I made bacon and eggs for Bill at noon and I fried (reheated in the fry pan) my half Reuben from last night’s supper. I don’t know how or why but it tasted better today than it did at supper in the restaurant. I had planned to take Gibbs to the bigger dog park this afternoon instead of returning to the clubhouse but wanted to read a bit first after eating. If I keep at it, the book may be done today!👩

Gibbs at the park for small dogs
He's still the cutest one of the bunch! 💗

At 2, the winds had picked up and the clouds had moved overhead enough that Bill and I went out to put our chairs away. Tomorrow and Sunday were forecasted to have really strong wind gusts so we would get a jump on it. As we stepped out, it had started raining, lightly, so we moved just in time. With the chairs tucked in the basement it was obvious that temperatures had dropped from today’s high temp of 66F. Clouds do that more than anything else down here.

He was tuckered out when we got home

Within 10 minutes of returning inside, the sun came back out so I loaded Gibbs into the truck and we drove down the street. There wasn’t much ‘loading’ as he didn’t hesitate to jump up into the passenger seat even when he had no idea where he was going. I don’t let him sit on my lap when I’m driving but for the short distance, he perched himself next to me and whimpered the whole way. LOL

Well, I've never seen anything like this before!
He sleeps up top with his 2 small dogs, the domes in the back lift from each side
to close the unit in..........??? I wish he would have
demonstrated, but he seemed quite proud.

I was pleased to find at least 6 doggies, all his size in the small dog pen. Even though he is over the 20 lb. limit, I released him in there as I was sure some of those were also over the weight. 😊 He sniffed a lot, not just the structures but other dogs and got into a playful chase a few times. I was proud, he behaved very well and when we were the second last ones in the fenced area, he came to me to put his leash on. We’ll definitely go back.


He lays the side domes/windows down to travel
so his small truck doesn't topple over in the winds
Sometimes, he takes the plexiglass out of the 'over the cab' section
which means lugging all his bedding under cover.
Interesting to say the least!

It seemed to have warmed back up again by the time I returned home and I opened a couple of windows. It was 77f/25C inside the Suite. I sat with the happy little boy as he cooled down and then he moved around from sleeping area to the back of my chair. Duty calls, you know! I’m almost done my book so read a few more chapters before starting to prep supper at 5:45. Tonight it was Baked Lemon Butter Salmon, with fries for Bill and broccoli for me. Yum, it was very good.

Supper tonight was an indoor meal
and tasted great!

We watched some of the PBS programs while I worked on my blog even though the commercials are long and drive us a bit nuts. The music from our generation is good and it’s fun to see the entertainers still going strong at advanced ages. This was an easy day and it ended with a beautiful sky all around us.

Beautiful sky tonight
Good night!

Thank you for your visit.

15 comments:

  1. That pbs program last night was wonderful. I haven't seen the smothers brothers in Years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome to see our generations entertainers strong in their older years. Will today's stars do that?

      Delete
  2. We had salmon for dinner tonight too with a veggie medley (potatoes, carrots and mushrooms). We had a very windy day here too. The warmth of the past few days has left us for a bit :(

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should make salmon cakes one time. I love those.
      We are having the same weather but I'm not sure where you are.

      Delete
  3. Gibbs is a very social little guy.
    He sure is cute. We are supposed to be having a very mixed bag of weather this weekend including very strong winds. Strange weather these days. Now I'd like to have a rueben.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is social where Clemson never really got the chance. Our fault not his.
      Seems like everyone's weather is crazy!

      Delete
  4. Awww glad Gibbs got to go visit friends. Sticker shock here too ... diesel is $4.50 a gallon. I imagine your trip home will be a little costly. Too bad you have to go through all that crap at the border. What a pain. Maybe YOUR fuel will be cheaper!! Yup that's some weird RV. Never seen anything like it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take Gibbs over there more often. It's good for him.
      Our drive home is scary with the fuel. It went up to $4.79 overnight at the Arco.🥺

      Delete
  5. I can't imagine how one would camp in a see-through camper. I'm sure his neighbours get an eye-ful from time to time.

    Sounds like Gibbs had lots of fun in the park. Good to know the ArriveCan app is easy to use. I'm planning a trip in the next few months so I'm sure I'll need to use it at some point too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh! You're right! I hour he parks out in the desert on his own.
      ArriveCan was easy enough. Just a pain in the butt. All these stupid hoops.

      Delete
  6. That is one interesting camper for sure! :) Cute pics of Gibbs in the doggie park! Your sandwich looks yummy. Our gas and diesel prices are going up daily, literally! $4.39 yesterday for diesel, the day before $3.95. I hate to see where it ends up! Don't envy you and your trip home :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange home made campers. I wonder how much of it he regrets!
      Diesel is crazy. Even at home, it's $1.84/litre = to about $6.50?/US gallon.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful evening pictures. We had a crazy very changeable day too. A town about 45 minutes away received bad weather warnings and the snow level is low. So that means we are cold. So cute about Gibbs laying on top of you. What a character. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very different camper. Dad built a trailer when I was younger and we used it all the time until we moved from Ontario to Saskatchewan.

    Lovely sunsets.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete