Saturday, March 19, 2022

Puzzle Help, Winds Return, Visit with Bob

Park Place RV Resort

On Saturday, Mar. 19th we slept in. It all started with Gibbs, he didn’t stir until 6:40 instead of his usual 6:15. I was appreciative since it was after 11 when I went to bed last night! The evening zipped by since our supper was so late and I didn’t even realize the time. 😊 Gibbs and I got up closer to 8 and went for a short walk.

Good Saturday morning

It was a nice morning, a bit windy and on the way, we stopped to check on Lori and Roland. She’s so cute when she says ‘yup, we’re still here!’ For having so much dumped on them, their attitude is incredibly good. Why not, EH? Life is too short to whine and complain about things that can’t be helped. They are still in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Not many pictures were taken today
so Gibbs fills in the gaps

Bill had decided not to go flying but then after a phone call home to Donna and Gerry, the winds seemed to have died down. I walked over to work on the puzzle and Nancy joined me. We made good progress and it will be done tomorrow, I’m thinking. Well, that just means I will have to start one more! Boy, was I surprised when Bill joined us and worked on it too! By then, the winds had increased again.

Sorry for the discreet photo, I didn't want to forget
and I didn't want to interrupt the conversation
Nancy, Bill, Bob

We’d been invited to Lori and Roland’s this afternoon for a visit but it wasn’t firmed up and when Bob dropped in, we confirmed with Lori that tomorrow would work instead. It was nice to see Bob again and even nicer that Nancy got to meet him, fellow bloggers and readers. 😊 Those are good experiences. We sat outside buy those winds were playing havoc with not only our hair (Nancy’s and mine) but I watched as things blew around the park. It will only get worse come Monday.

I was in my recliner, reading and thought
Gibbs was upstairs with Bill
Then I saw him on duty again 💗

After Bob took his leave, I made a cup of tea and Gibbs, Bill and I had a snack. Bill had a couple of Nutter Butters , Gibbs had a ‘good for him’ chew stick and I had a few chocolate-coated peanuts and raisins . The boys went upstairs so it was a good time to start my blog post for today. The temperature today reached 86F/30C before it started dropping off after 3:30 so shade is where you wanted to be.

Supper, leftovers + olives!

Tonight’s supper is leftovers. Roast beef, carrots, mashed potatoes, green olives (teehee), with rhubarb crisp for dessert. Nice and easy prep and it tasted almost as good as last night. ‘Almost’ because food always tastes better with company, right? 😉 After loading the dishwasher, I finished my blog and sat and watched my vet shows. Bill went upstairs to watch a movie.

We cleaned up the rhubarb crisp

This was a pretty great day, however, I forgot about the Western Days 2-day event down at the town park. Woops! Maybe next year! Before I forget, Happy Birthday to our brother-in-law, Bruce! Hope it was an awesome day!

Good night, everyone! 💓

Thank you for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. It was a fun day!! There’s those olives!!! Lol. Very cool meeting Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sleek hair look Nancy has. 😀 Glad all of you are having nice weather. No winds at all over here just to the east of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug, I do believe you're teasing Nancy about the winds. :) It wasn't a good hair day!

      Delete
  3. The food you feature always looks so good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the poor dog gets blamed for everything from sleeping in to whatever possible. I blame the dogs when dinner is late although it s a poor excuse. You always make left over dinners look pretty delicious!! IF I had left overs, it ll look like a lump of unedible stuff. I think mine needs more colour like yours! I love windy days as it is so hot here. Another puzzle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, poor dog! He is so spoiled. ♥
      We love leftovers but me especially so I don't have to think too hard about what to have.

      Delete
  5. Love the Gibbs close ups. He loves the camera.🙂
    If I had been there yesterday Nancy and I would have had matching hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love his close ups too.
      You should have been here then! :)

      Delete
  6. Some days here I wonder why I blow dried and flat ironed my hair LOL. Just looks like a mess once I've gone outside ! Hahah. I agree your leftovers look so yummy! Gibbs is too adorable! Nice that you had a visit with Bob and Nancy was able to meet him. How's the snow at home? Hopefully melting with no more in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the saying 'my hair, I can't do a thing with it!' has never been truer!! Ha ha.
      Check out Sunday's blog for the snow situation back home. Funny you should ask!

      Delete
  7. I love green olives and would eat a whole jar in one sitting, so I don't purchase them very much.

    Your day sounds lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Except the jars I buy are from Costco and there's waayyyy too many!

      Delete