Thursday, March 3, 2022

A Short Wrap Up of our Day

Park Place RV Resort

On Thursday, Mar. 3rd we didn’t get up until 7:45! Gibbs and Bill had already been out once but I was lucky to just be lazy this morning. Gibbs and I went for our walk and although late, I still wondered if the Quartzsite trucker’s convoy had much of a turnout. We walked around the mid-block and when a man in front of us walking his big dog was a huge distraction for Gibbs (pulling like a sled dog), I turned around and came back the same way. 😊

An open field across from our corner
behind the truck stop
Good place for overnight stops

I do believe this home is related to Doug's
White Lion 

Bill was eating breakfast and had decided not to go flying today. He’d had his shower and opted to look after other things instead. I had my cereal and tea, played my Wordle games and then finished adding pictures to my blog. 

Gibbs and I heard a whimper when we were 
walking by so we stopped to say hi to 'Texas'
(we don't know his name but his owner is from Texas)

The wifi connection last night was ridiculously slow and it was frustrating me enough to give it up until morning. I guess it is something we should be used to, it is Quartzsite after all. Maybe my blogs will be a morning post from now on.

Today's words of wisdom

Bill cleaned the inside of Black Beauty, vacuuming and looking after the leather inside. I sat with Gibbs for most of the day, reading. I wasn’t in the mood for doing a puzzle today. I’d turned the a/c on first thing and was grateful for the comfort in the Suite. We had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch on the whole wheat bread that I bought by mistake. Hmmm, I won’t make that error again. I don’t like it.

You wouldn't think it would taste so different
with wheat bread but it did for me

Bill went next door to help Rick and Don
move a little shed into their site

A lot of rv's have pulled out
There are still many overnighters coming in

For supper, I talked Bill into going out for supper so we cleaned up to go into town at 5:30. Bill fed Gibbs earlier than his usual time and we drove to Times 3 Family Restaurant. Bill ordered hot roast beef with fries and gravy and I ordered the reuben with split pea soup. They were good but not the best meals we’ve eaten. So much beef and corned beef but there was something missing. Even though the price was right, we should have gone to Silly Al’s.


This was the sky driving into town at 5:30

I brought half my sandwich home and will eat the corned beef at least. Back home, Gibbs went out for his piddle and then played on the floor, chewing on his ‘long western moustache’. We need to do something about that as it is just too long. 

Supper tonight at Times 3

This was a good day and our temperature reached 89F/32C before it started cooling off. We turned the a/c off and it should still be nice for sleeping tonight. The clouds tonight were very pretty but we knew it was the foreplay for cooler weather.


The sky performances on the way home
Good night!

Thank you for popping in. Your comments are always welcome!

8 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures of the sky! It has been a long time since I have had a grilled cheese sandwich but they definitely do taste better on white bread rather than wheat. It was good you slept in this morning and had a lazy day :) That would frustrate me a bit with the slow Internet connection but seeing how Quartzsite is almost in the middle of nowhere I can see why that problem could exist :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you betty. I won't do grill cheese on wheat bread again, nor any sandwich if I can help it! :)
      Quartzsite shouldn't be too bad now with so many people leaving but we have our good and bad days for internet. I just go with the flow. :)

      Delete
  2. I was going to suggest doing your blog in the morning. Internet is much better then. Something else I've done is write it in Word (no internet required), then just copy and paste in the morning, you know, so you don't take away from Gibbs' walking time. LOL Save that wheat bread for me!! I'll eat it! Maybe I'll check out that empty lot. Just might be a place for me to stop overnight next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I also write my blog in Word first and if I can't publish at night, I at least have it written as well as pictures all downloaded ready for the last steps in the morning. :)
      Whole wheat bread? You can have it! haha
      That empty spot is perfect for our friends as they are only here for a couple of nights and don't do anything but boondock. I don't know how long they can stay but at least a week.

      Delete
  3. A lovely sunset, and what gorgeous weather you are having now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did have some beautiful days. It's up and down here too. :)

      Delete
  4. I find store-bought whole wheat bread too sweet. Otherwise, I love whole wheat taste. I do know whole wheat bread needs more sugar in it to make....as opposed to white flour. But I've had home made that is OK with me and quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is different in the bread choices, I go for the less wheat in anything but even white flour is the reason I try and avoid bread altogether. Homemade is better any time!! :)

      Delete