Thursday, March 10, 2022

The Heat is On and We’re Smiling

Park Place RV Resort

On Wednesday, Mar. 9th we were all up at 7:30 or shortly after. Bill had a flying club meeting at 9 and Gibbs and I had a walk to tend to. 😊 It was 42F/6C and clear sunny skies again so a gorgeous trek around the mid-block. I carry treats with me every morning and I’ve noticed as soon I say ‘good boy’ for something, he stops, looks at me and sits on his little butt. He gets one.

He carried this for a while and dropped it 
for me when he saw my hand go to my pocket 

He also gets a treat when he has picked something up that I don’t want him to have (which he’ll try 2 or 3 times). When I say ‘drop it’, he does and therefore gets a reward. I keep waiting for that to stick with him throughout the rest of the day. He still LOVES our rubber crocs so gets those teeny treats a lot IF he releases them on his own, without the prying and tugging. LOL Anyway, it was a great walk and he was very good.

You should know the song 
and/or the movie I'm thinking of here

Back home, Bill was soon ready to leave and I sat in my chair working on the Wordles. Wordle2 had my brain frazzled, let me tell you! I made myself my coffee around 10, I was in no hurry to go to the clubhouse as it is their Wednesday morning coffee and snack ‘break’. I’m not into that. So, instead I went out with Gibbs to put him on his leash and sit for a bit. I wanted to do a thorough vacuum through the Suite without his nipping and barking at the wand.


I didn't notice the bottom line
Yay, I'll be walking over on Saturday morning πŸ˜€

Bill pulled in as soon as we went out so he got to sit with the little guy out there. With that job done, I ‘let’ them back in. 😊 There was a large tube of ground beef to be split for the freezer, but first I ran over to the laundry room with all of our scatter mats. There were no signs that they couldn’t be done and how else does one wash them anyway?

A little sweetie barked at him so we tossed
her little ball back and they kissed πŸ’“

The laundry room was busy this morning so after the mats were ‘almost’ dry, I brought them home to finish drying on the tonneau cover. Before I left, I started chatting with another lady in there at the same time. Turns out, it’s our neighbour, right beside us. I often see him outside having a smoke and we always speak but I’d never met her. It wasn’t until I walked past him that I clued into who she was! Duh! I don’t know if she knew who I was either but I’m glad we met.

Can you see him?
They have been far and few between this winter for us

They are from Iowa and maybe between now and when we leave, we’ll get together for a Happy Hour. He has always been very friendly and has a few things about him that remind me of our brother-in-law, Gerry. 😊 I worked on the puzzle then before lunch for about an hour and came home for lunch. Bill ate the last of the pancakes that I cooked for him and I had a salmon, lettuce, cheese wrap. For supper, um, I haven’t decided.

Isn't he adorable?

We all sat outside for a while and I watched 2 new fivers pull in. Some rv’ers are just not open to being told what to do or where to park and I witnessed that first hand today. I felt bad for Don, the 3rd co-host but chuckled when he made them move to where he told them to park in the first place. Bill assisted the second one, who pulled in beside him, (friends) when he couldn’t get his rig unhooked. He waited a decent amount of time before offering help. It was appreciated.


                                  It isn't the best video but if you've never seen

                                           these little guys move, enjoy!

Back at the puzzle, I chatted with Heather, met their son, Dakota, and put more pieces in. I left for home around 3:30, it was very hot in the clubhouse this afternoon. We’ve reached 75F/24C and it’s a gorgeous day. The winds have been much better today with only the occasional gust. 😊 They return tomorrow bringing the temps back down a few degrees but we’re still not complaining.

It's a cute puzzle

Bill informed me that diesel prices here at the Arco rose again last night by .20¢. Oh well, what’s to be done? $5.29/gal has us sick so we’re trying not to dwell on it and continue to enjoy what we’re doing. I read more, back at home, and began to feel more and more uncomfortable with the new outbreak of shingles. Bill suggested a couple of Advil since my Clorian had worn off from this morning. I was happy it was hot enough for shorts today, nothing pressing on the area.

I treated myself to a couple of these
refreshing beer margaritas today
They were delicious with 'fresh' lemons from the freezer

For supper, we went simple with toasted tomato, cheese and lettuce sandwiches. I didn’t feel much like cooking so this was a perfect resolve. After we ate and turned the dishwasher on, Bill went upstairs to watch tv so I could catch up on a couple of my recorded programs. Joe Millionaire and Yellowstone and I especially enjoyed the former, it is down to the wire. Of course, Kevin in the latter can walk onto my screen any time at all!

It is now Thursday morning and I was in bed at 10 with Gibbs. He has to go through his ritual just like us humans. First, Daddy takes him out for the last time and then after I’ve tossed all the pillows onto the floor, he roots out his favourite one, 12 x 12, and humps until he’s satisfied and tired enough to sleep. LOL What a goof. I knew early on that this post wasn’t getting finished last night so didn’t sweat it.

Gibbs' walks today appropriately
wore him out
Good night!

This was still a very good day and the warmer temperatures are sure a bonus. Thank you for popping in!

21 comments:

  1. You poor girl suffering again with that pesky shingles. There has to be something you might take to keep you from getting it. Hope the nice weather keeps up for the rest of your stay down there and Bill gets a lot of flying time in. Gibbs is a good little pooch and seems very smart. Oh, and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, they have been nasty this season for some reason.
      I do take the pills for it but it doesn't prevent them, only eases the pain when I have them. :)
      I agree, Gibbs is pretty good although he has his devil moments!

      Delete
  2. My wife and I both got a shingles vaccination about 15 years ago. It has seemed to work for us as we have not had it, while her side of the family, who didn't get the vax, a lot of them suffer from it. Mine are all gone, but I don't remember any of them complaining about it. We keep our fingers crossed.

    The point of all this rambling is I don't know if you can get the vax after you start having outbreaks, but it would be worth checking out if you haven't already. We had no complications from it, but we were younger and tougher then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KCD. I had the shingles vaccine in 1997 but I'd already had breakouts. I was in my 40's so who'da thunk? They were saying after 50, get the shot. Lucky me. It didn't prevent them from returning but perhaps made them smaller. Now, they are still the size of a quarter but lately more often. I don't mind getting the new vaccines but if we have to pay for them (which I think I do) I want to know if they'll do anything this time.

      Delete
  3. Oh man. So sorry about the shingles. Watching new people arrive is always interesting. When we were in Minnesota a huge group moved in next door. Fortunately they were just there for weekend. The spaces were pretty close. The first night the guy tried to start a fire with no success. So the next night when the guy was outside Jerry started a fire for us. Jerry could tell the guy was watching. The guy figured it out and got a fire going for them. Jerry taught without saying a word....lol. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elva. It is fun to people watch and we know eyes are on us in a lot of places too. It is the lifestyle, I guess.

      Delete
  4. Gibbs seems to be such a quick little learner. Of course he has good and patient teachers. He's sure a friendly little guy.
    It sure is a nice park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loree. Gibbs is a quick learner but he also knows when he's doing something wrong and still does it for the attention. :)
      We are enjoying the park.

      Delete
  5. Ick with the shingles! Sorry you are going through that! Loved the video of the quail!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we're not sure why so many break outs this season, I need to stop worrying about gas prices I guess!!
      I love watching and listening to the quail. ♥

      Delete
  6. Hope your shingles outbreak resolves quickly. I laughed at the image of Gibbs biting the vacuum wand, the pillow humping made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maebeme. Ha ha Gibbs is a character and I do laugh a lot at him. The humping is hilarious!

      Delete
  7. Read the Epstein-Barr book! It will help you rid your body of the virus and you will be free of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of that book but I will certainly look into it. Thank you! it would be a miracle if it worked! :) Thanks.

      Delete
  8. Those beer margaritas look yummy πŸ˜‹ We are also trying to avoid looking at diesel prices, it is to depressing when you know you have a long haul home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The margaritas are so good on these hot days!
      I agree about the fuel but it's hard not to think about it.

      Delete
  9. You poor thing with the shingles! Hoping they're better soon. Quit stressing out! LOL. The beer margarita looks so yummy, haven't had one in ages! Glad you're enjoying the temps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I'm trying NOT to stress but it's hard not to think about the cost for us to get home. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

      Delete
  10. Sorry, I can't help it: My usual word for shingles - lysine. (I'm thinking you've had the shingles vaccine. Maybe not. I have, the old fashioned one, but lysine helps will little outbreaks which have been minor since the shot, and even more minor with lysine. I'm considering the newer vaccine - maybe 4-5 years old? I dunno. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you, I did have the vaccine in 1997. The old one too. I also listened and bought Lysine when you mentioned it last time, took it as directed but still got the break outs and they are still coming as often. It's frustrating. I'm debating the new vaccine too and plan on checking it out when I get home. Cost is a factor and will it change anything? LOL

      Delete
    2. Oh dear. I was hoping the lysine might help. Shoot. OK then. A nasty little virus that just lurks and attacks and it's got its eyes on you lately. Hope you can find the new vaccine affordable. And if it is, I hope it WORKS for you.

      Delete