Friday, March 18, 2022

Ups and Downs, Friends, Family, Food

Park Place RV Resort

Friday, Mar. 18th Gibbs and I were out for our walk and it a tad cooler than the previous day but still quite nice.  I woke up feeling a bit like Sneezy of the dwarfs, with a tickly nose. Weird, we had the bigger bedroom window open all night so maybe that’s why. The tickly nose lasted through the day but only periodically.

Looking across the desert

a clear blue sky is always welcome!

Since yesterday, I’ve had our friends in the back of my mind, those that are having issues. Bill does too so he stopped by Nancy’s trailer before heading out to the flying field at 8. It was nice to see Jerry there looking out for her, seeing if he can offer assistance with her truck. I wandered down a bit later to check on her as well, as support mostly. When Jerry left, we walked the kids a bit and sat on our patio discussing her options.

Someone is looking after the birds
A large seed block is under the bush along our walkway

When Bill returned, he fixed a minor thing on her rv and I left them to walk over to the puzzle. Before he left this morning, our a/c was acting up so it seems we are not immune to things going awry. This is the unit that was replaced last spring just before we picked the Suite up from CanAm. He was able to work with it and it seemed to be running okay later. I was happy when Nancy joined me to work on the jigsaw!


Yup, that's about it for me!!

Lori and Roland needed some of our available freezer space so popped over to transfer some food. 😊 I’m glad we can do ‘something’ to help. Our plan this afternoon is for a Happy Hour at Roadrunner blm with Tom and Deb. With Nancy set for a few days, she will also be joining us and maybe Lori and Roland, depending on how their day goes.


Finding Tom and Deb for Happy Hour

Ted and Sue popped over around 1:30 to say goodbye, they will be pulling out of Quartzsite on Sunday, making the slow trek home to western Canada. It was nice to see them for a short visit and Gibbs was actually pretty good sitting outside with us. We’ve had a roast in the freezer so yesterday I decided it would be nice to share it with Nancy before she leaves. This will be our last time seeing her as well.


How nice to have Happy Hours again!
Tom, Deb, John, Nancy, Gayle, Bill

I prepared potatoes, carrots, onions and spiced the beef so it would be ready for the IP the minute we return home. I also had 2 packs of rhubarb in the freezer from summer so made a dessert as well. Hopefully, I’ll get more this summer! Maybe my own plants will prosper for once. 😊 Bill had a snooze and around 2, I heard from my sister, Gayle and John, that they were at La Posa South, so that is nice that they are also in the area.


While our late supper was cooking,
I caught the sun going down

The day is a hot one, 81F/27C, so we are grateful for the winds today. I packed a cooler with our drinks, picked Nancy and Cooper up just before 3 and drove to Roadrunner. We found the Stinger “B” easily enough by following Deb’s directions and about half hour after we were seated on their patio, Gayle and John joined us. We’d opted to leave our little bum at home this time, for a little more relaxing time. He was fine in the cool Suite.

Supper finally came together

It was just after 5 when we headed for home. I had a supper to prepare! It was at home that I realized the rump roast was big enough for 2 more so called Gayle and invited them in for the meal. Things didn’t quite turn out as I’d planned in my head, the potatoes cooked too fast, the liquid in Madame IP burned and it took longer to cook the meat than I’d hoped. We weren’t eating until closer to 7:30. Gosh darned, I felt bad about that but our guests were quite fine with it all.

It tasted quite good after all that

I have to admit that everything turned out quite well, even down to the rhubarb crisp and wimpy topping. It was a lovely time and I enjoyed it very much. I neglected to get a picture but us 3 ladies ate at the table and John and Bill ate at the raised coffee table. Thanks for coming to dinner, guys! This was a great day, busy but full of good things.

Right down to dessert
Good night!

Thank ‘you’ for stopping by too.

12 comments:

  1. Dinner was delicious! You're a magician with that instant pot in spite of the hiccup. It was great fun with everyone getting together. I loved hearing about your sister's trip to Mexico. I'll be seeing you around the puzzle table!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. Glad it came about OK and that Gayle and John arrived in Quartzsite just in time to join us. 😀

      Delete
  2. Goodness, it doesn't seem that long ago that you were heading south and now some of your friends are on their way home. Enjoy the time you have in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true about time flying but I think that comes with age not just because we're having fun! Haha

      Delete
  3. Good to see everyone having a great visit. Hope Jerry could figure out the noise. She should just drive it till it quits on the road 😀 Good Bill got the AC going correctly. You'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. I think Nancy would disagree! Being stranded on the side of a road with a dog and a parrot would not be fun!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Doug. We're happy the a/c is working again. Still will get it checked back home while still under warranty.
      I think Nancy would disagree with you, being stranded on the side of the road with a dog and a parrot would not be fun!

      Delete
  4. Whatever mishaps you had about dinner didn't matter cuz it looks delicious! Fun times with blood family and RV family! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou. It turned out on and although distressed at first, had no breakdown!🤣

      Delete
  5. It was nice to get together with everyone for another Happy Hour. A wonderful surprise to see Gayle and John again

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice that you are spending time with friends. Your meal looks lovely even though it took longer than you thought it would to get to the table.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete