Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The Heat is On, We Must be in Arizona!

Park Place RV Resort

On Tuesday, March 1st we welcomed in the new month like a lamb. Not even considering how much of a lion it will be on the 31st! 😂 It was 48F/9C when Gibbs and I went for our walk at 7:30. When we returned, Bill was on his way to Black Beauty with his flying gear. 🛪🛧 There wasn’t a titch of a breeze, the flags were limp in a state of slumber. We knew the heat was to arrive today with a vengeance with a high of 82F/28C. Everyone in the park is smiling about that.

Now, isn't this a pretty sky?

No jacket required today for this little guy

Gibbs and I sat together for a couple of hours, him up on the back of my chair and me reading. This book is hard to put down now that I’m into it. Because I was so engrossed in it, I didn’t make a coffee and walk over to the clubhouse until 10:30. Things were bustling in there with Rick delivering our electric bills for February, Patty accepting payments as well as reservations for the next winter season. A lot of regulars come back. Get this, $24 for the month. Yay for solar! We think this is a prime location and obviously so do others. 😊

Watching Daddy leave
with the little Palm Bay bottle he found

Bill texted that he was home from flying at 11:45 so I walked back at noon. He had a sweet happy smile on his face after taking his new plane up and landing it after a good flight. The maiden flight of a plane is always intimidating so this success, all on his own is a pleasant experience. We made ourselves a meat, cheese, lettuce sandwich/wrap and instead of returning to the puzzle, I stayed home and read.

Show them what you've got, Gibbs
He gets to play with for only so long, they are very strong little bottles

It was warm inside the Suite, even with windows open, blinds closed, fans going and awnings out so we sat outside on the patio for the rest of the afternoon. Bill was able to recharge his batteries for the planes out there and Gibbs and I did our own thing. I managed to finish the book, no surprise, it’s like the pages were turning themselves. It is such a good book, heartbreaking at times but a very interesting story.

It's like this little guy didn't get enough sleep last night!
He was zonkered

After I took Gibbs for his walk around the park, we all moved indoors at 5 where the little guy crashed on the floor. We watched some reruns of NCIS before supper, which was leftover potatoes and pork for Bill and I heated some chicken strips with a veggie for me. Well, the potatoes always look so good that I snuck a few little pieces for my plate! Supper was good and leftovers cleaned up again for another night. I love leftovers!

My chicken strips were good as was everything else
Gee, I wish I'd kept some of that pie for tonight!

With the dishwasher running, we settled in for the evening. The air temp outside has dropped to 77F/24C where it settled until 8 when it slowly dropped to our warmest low in a while of 52F at 5 am . Now that’s nice for sleeping. This was a great day and we enjoyed it to the fullest. 😊

For us rv'ers, this is a familiar sight and occurence 
Our hosts, Rick and Patty

Good night!

Thank you for taking the time to visit. Your comments are always welcome.

20 comments:

  1. Spring has sprung in Arizona. Everyone is celebrating. I wonder what Gibbs was thinking as Daddy left. He is so cute. Glad Bill got his new toy up and down without damage to plane or pride. Now let's enjoy March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do believe spring is here at least figuratively.
      Bill is indeed a happy camper. :)

      Delete
  2. What book did you just finish? I have read most of your books when you have posted info. I would love for you to give names each time, I think we like the same kind of reading. I enjoy your blog.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry Rose, I think I mentioned it a while ago when I started it. The book I finished was The Home for Unwanted Girls by Joanna Goodman. It is a good one.
      I will continue to post them. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I always love a good book!! Isn't solar wonderful? It has immensely reduced our electric bills since we installed them on our houses :) Love the warmth but I think it cools down by the weekend. A taste of things to come though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! That was another good one. These heartwarming stories are the best.
      We love our solar panel system!
      I think we can withstand a few cooler days before March's heat is here to stay. :)

      Delete
  4. Now those pictures of Gibbs are so cute. He sure loves to carry things around. That was a perfect size for him. Hope you get to enjoy many more great days just like that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad I didn't get to drink the Palm Bay rum first though! haha

      Delete
  5. I laughed out loud at Gibbs! He's such a card!!! At least bottles are better than rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he has so many ways that make me laugh out loud. :)
      Oh, he still chews on rocks here at home. Little monster!

      Delete
  6. Silly pup! He sure does pick some interesting items to carry around and chew on.

    Nice power bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is silly. Looks like a couple more teeth are coming in so we hope the chewing slows down after that. :)

      Delete
  7. Solar does help to keep the monthly cost down.
    Gibbs is certainly getting used to being in the southwest at this time of year.
    I can hear those RC Planes flying now. Bill must have been happy for the Maiden Flight.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't balk when a park says that we have to pay for power. Especially here where it is sunny 90% of the time.
      Yes, you know Bill was very happy! :) Thank you.

      Delete
  8. That is certainly a good electricity bill. I don't think we can compete with that here in Florida. However, the solar panels sure do help with the consumption. So good that Bill is feeling like himself again and that the new plane worked out good. I'm sure its because of his skills and not only about the plane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we unplug every day and it sure helped.
      Thank you, we're glad whatever Bill had has passed. ♥
      Of course it's his skills, even when he's nervous. :)

      Delete
  9. Your two photos of Gibbs with his bottle make me laugh. What a dog. Ultimate cute.

    ReplyDelete