Monday, March 14, 2022

No Daylight Savings Here, St. Patrick’s Day Celebration

Park Place RV Resort

On Sunday, Mar. 13th I woke up cold. Well, last night when we saw it was only going down to 53F/12C, I pulled our duvet down to the bottom of the bed. We were sure we would be plenty warm. I went to bed last night feeling quite comfy without it but when I woke at 3:30, I was chilled. There’s no going back once I feel that way but I wasn’t about to disturb the family to pull the blanket up. 😊 So, I remained still, curled up in a ball and eventually dropped off.

A lovely morning

The two big doggies came running to the fence
barking like maniacs
Gibbs was intimidated until they stopped
and we walked over as if to say
"What's all the barking about, I'm just little?"
(as if he should talk!)

When Gibbs woke and got his Daddy up at 6:30, I stretched out and pulled up the duvet and resumed my position. I don’t let Gibbs know I’m awake until after 7 or he’ll think it’s time for me to get up with him. He slept for a while but at 7 became too much of a pest for us to go back to sleep. We got up. It was earlier that we went for our walk but that was okay. There was a slight wind but, in the sun, which had already risen, we were warm.

Back home, he helped he was a big help

Before I go any further, two things on the brighter side. One, the diesel price has dropped at the corner by .04¢ and has remained that way few or a few days now. 😊 The second thing is that my shingles have made their exit, leaving behind just a ‘scar’ that will disappear soon enough. I wanted to thank everyone who was concerned and offered empathy and suggestions. All is well again! 

Things look good out there, Mom!
(look at those bow legs!)

On the note of daylight savings time. Arizona does not practice it. This state, except for a Navajo nation in the northeastern part, doesn't change time. That means, we are now 3 hours from home again.  

He loves his birthday bones
and we love how he is safely entertained

When we returned from our walk, Bill was about ready to leave for the field. The winds were questionable but he wanted to go and see his friends and hopefully get a flight or two in. My job was to make enough chili for 15 to 20 people so I set to work. We had one container in the freezer from before we left home so I defrosted that yesterday and added it to the mix. It was too thick for my liking so this was a good plan.

A slower progress but I love these challenges

I made the chili in a pot on the stove, since we were disconnected from power (it would still have been fine) and about an hour before going to dinner, I’ll transfer it hot to Madame IP to keep it warm while being served. Yes, today, is the park’s St. Patrick’s Day potluck. I packed a separate cooler bag with our dishes, utensils and the tortilla chips, salt, pepper, chili powder (for those who like it hot) and butter.

Myla loves the whole 'game/prize' thing so set up a
prize table. She had 16 things so most everyone got something anyway

There will be a variety things on the menu so lots to eat for even the pickiest eaters. Some don’t like cabbage, some don’t like corned beef etc. I’ll try not to pig out since I like most everything on the list! 😊 I worked on the puzzle from 10:30 to 11:30. When I saw Black Beauty had just arrived home, I walked back to the Suite. Bill had a good flight (or two?) and was happy he went.

I dawned my Family Dollar tie
and Salvation Army green top for the event

We relaxed for the afternoon inside until it was time to walk over and plug the IP in. Gibbs got out for a nice walk around the park before then and with blinds pulled and windows open, he should sleep while we’re gone. He has been restless all day. So, at 2:30 Bill carried the IP over and we plugged it in. Dinner wasn’t until 3 so Bill walked back to our site until it was time. I stayed and worked on the puzzle.

Are you green with envy? haha

There were 18 hungry participants and that was a nice turnout. We had meatballs in sauce, shepherd’s pie, chili, homemade soda bread and rolls, corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, sausage mac, salad, devilled eggs, cottage cheese salad, oh my! Then German chocolate cake and carrot cake for dessert. Lots of food. I received compliments on the chili but with the option of bread, I bet only a handful of chips were eaten. Darn, I shouldn’t have bought 2 bags since they aren’t a favourite of ours.

We hung around until about 4, getting to know our neighbours behind us, the 2nd co-hosts. It was a good experience and we’d do it again, I think. 😊 We sat outside with Gibbs for a while since it was stifling indoors and the breeze was wonderful. We laughed as Gibbs dug up his outside rawhide bone that he’d buried when we had company yesterday. He is comical to watch and he hid it again before we came in.

Lots of good stuff here
The corned beef was wonderful!

I guess the corned beef and cabbage was more salty than I’m used to as I couldn’t stop drinking water at night. Then, I had a diet Mountain Dew, just pouring liquid into me! We couldn’t find anything on tv and we didn’t need supper so to fill in the long evening, we watched one of Bill’s recorded movies. It was cute.

Yummy desserts

I’d bought the Toby Keith movie dvd Beer for my Horses so we popped that in. It was so much fun. Action packed, some serious parts and some hilarious parts so we laughed a lot. It didn’t hurt to see Willie Nelson in it either. At 10, Gibbs and I went up to bed, him with his indoor rawhide bone, which was now down to about a 2” ball. 😊

When one of us is still inside, he waits at the door
'are you coming out soon?' πŸ’“

Then he set to work burying his bone by Daddy's tire

This was a great day and it wasn’t until I got up to go to bed that Bill said “did you finish your blog?” Duh!! I forgot all about it! So, here it is. (she says sheepishly). Our temperature today reached 84F/29C and is here to stick around for the rest of March while we’re here.


Good night!

Thank you for your visit.

13 comments:

  1. What a character that Gibbs is! Am I late? I thought St Pats Day was the 17th!!! Cute tie and dinner looked delicious. Happy you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. Not late, we celebrated early!
      Feeling normal again.

      Delete
  2. Who is the boss around your house? I know, it's Gibbs πŸ˜€. That is a very green tie that no one can miss. Glad you had a good day and yes it is getting warm around the southwest. Glad your Shingles is gone. Maybe jumping out of a plane will rid you of it. πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the boss!
      You think jumping out of a plane will scare them away for good??πŸ˜…

      Delete
  3. Did you say you woke up cold! Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are slowly warming up here and I hope this continues.

    Love the tie.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit, and the list of food was amazing. I'm pretty certain I would have over eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the shingles. You are so, so nice. I would have pulled that cover up at 3AM. Every man/dog for himself. Gibs looks rather red in that last photo in the shade.
    And the photo before is another Ultimate Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, thank you. Not really though. Disturbing them meant picking up Gibbs' blanket and toys as well as probably he'd want to go out! See? Not so nice at all!
    Gibbs hair does look redder in that picture, he's quite light, really. Except his ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your St. Patrick's Day get together looked like it was fun! You looked great in your green tie! Glad your shingles are better! So thankful we do not change the time here!

    betty

    ReplyDelete