Monday, March 7, 2022

Still Here Battling the Winds

 Park Place RV Resort

On Monday, Mar. 7th the day started pretty much as it has for the last few. Sunny by the time we got it moving and just a wee bit of wind when Gibbs went out for our walk at 7:30. It was still pretty calm when we returned home so Bill got ready to go flying. We’d heard the winds would be back this afternoon in a fervor so he was taking advantage while he could.

Let's start our day securing the premises

Good to go, Mom

After sorting laundry before he left, I was the first to use the laundry room and over the course of the next 2 hours, had our laundry done and put away.  Bill was home after a couple of flights around 10 and I had my shower and at 11 walked over to the clubhouse to work on the puzzle. I’d planned to vacuum and wash floors today but you know how that Jell-o jiggles! There’s another day to do that. 😊

Getting into Grisham's book

I returned home around 12:15 and we agreed on just sandwiches. I’m loving the salmon and lettuce and had it today on our last bun. I’m trying to stop beating myself up every time I eat the carbs, my weight doesn’t reflect it either way so at this point, you’ll probably see a few things that I wouldn’t normally be chowing down on. I’m on and off this kick every once in a while, and my poor hubby is doing well to listen to me. Self-criticism is tiring! Ha ha

The Chevron station was a crazy
rush hour for a .20¢/gallon savings

With nothing else on our plate, we took a short drive down the street to top Black Beauty up with gold – I mean, diesel. The Arco price is now $4.99/gal so we drove a bit further to the Chevron and paid $4.79. Woohoo! Isn’t that pathetic? Bill also filled a 5-gallon jug and will do that with the other two, just to be on top of it a bit. We drove to Family Dollar hoping to get some of his Zero Coke at their sale price but they didn’t have any left.

I hope you don't see this as sad
This man and his dog were happy, friendly
and well fed
I'm sure he loves his life and is healthier than many of us

Back home, I left the boys and went back to the puzzle for a little over an hour. The Pokeno group was in but it was a soft-spoken man calling out the cards so easier to listen to than Myla. I made big steps in the puzzle and am enjoying it a lot. 

This is another one that will be done tomorrow

The winds outside were gusting like crazy, reaching 29.8 mph this afternoon. The satellite blew over at one point so Bill had to get creative to hold it in place. It will work for the rest of the day, just don’t trip on it!

Just as I was leaving the clubhouse
the huge set up pulled in for a 2 month stay
I think he has enough toys, don't you?

And a DRV unit went by on the back of
a huge truck
Very nice!


We all got lazy today
Some of us slept, not saying who

Supper was leftover H.H. Beef stroganoff with a salad and then we’ll watch our usual Monday night programs together. This was a good day and we chose to be lazy again. 😊

Bill used his stone guards to hold the dish in place tonight

A good supper and we cleaned
up the Hamburger Helper
Good night!

Thank you for your visit. Your comments are always appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. Puzzle is coming along great! It is ridiculous the price of gas these days. Oh well :) Gusty windy day here too. Not very warm either :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like you, trying not to stew over the gas prices. Not much we can do.
      Once the winds abate, we'll get that heat wave we want!

      Delete
  2. I am a big hamburger helper fan!! Sorry it's still windy. I sure wish it would just quit!!

    There's nothing better than a good watch pup ... making sure no one comes too close!! LOL.

    I'm thinking I may just buy a couple 5 gallon fuel cans and fill up before I head to California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to admit that I like H.H. as well but I do. It reminds me of meals we grew up on, of course Mom made them from scratch. :)
      I think that is a good idea for you for fuel. CA prices have always been terrible in comparison!

      Delete
  3. Wow, the juxtaposition of the man with the cart and dog with the unit and all those toys!

    The wind is blowing here today as well, with wind advisories and highway closures due to the blowing snow. We all need a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I love your wrap up of the two images. :) Both very happy with what they've got.
      Crazy winds, they need to give us all a break. Here and there.

      Delete
  4. Oh my.....that trailer. I don't know if I should show it to Jerry! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, I imagine Jerry would like that loaded trailer. Let him know though that it took the man at least 2 hours to get everything off and both his rv and trailer parked. Good thing he's staying for 2 months!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had another Enjoyable Day.
    Fuel Prices have skyrocketed here.
    It seems we have high wind every few days.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, thank you Rick.
      The fuel prices are scary, it's the trip home that will be the worst.

      Delete
  6. Your puzzle is coming along nicely. Here in Saskatchewan we are paying almost $5.00 American for a gallon of fuel. Shocking and prices are set to rise even further.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard on Siriusxm that a fellow from our home 'city' of London, Ontario paid the equivalent to $5.25/US gallon. 😝🤑

      Delete