Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Good News, Somewhat, Quartzsite Heats Up, Doggie Park Play

Park Place RV Resort

Tuesday, Mar. 22nd after Gibbs and I got back from our walk, Bill and I had our tea and coffee together. Bill had promised to drop over to Roland and Lori’s location to see if he could lend a hand. He drove over around 8:30ish. Their issues have been plentiful, a run of bad ju-ju.

It was a beautiful morning, no jacket needed

First dilemma of the day
Gibbs had a squashed water bottle in his mouth
and came across one of his favourite little rum bottles
There was quite the hesitation going on

Their trailer jacks wouldn’t go up, a slide wasn’t coming in, fridge wasn’t working other than as a self-enclosed freezer with ice and some issues with solar. Thank heavens for a generator and some common sense (which they have), they have managed to get through to today, a day shy of a week.

With just one of those big doggies, 
he's not afraid and they said hello

At 9:30 I walked to the clubhouse. I’d messaged Nancy and as soon as I walked in, I understood why she hadn’t responded. 😊 There she was working away at the puzzle! Yay! She’s got the bug! I enjoy working on it with her, it’s company and very nice. We thought it would be easy but we were fooled a bit. It is easier than the last one but still a challenge.

The last leg home, Gibbs was moving
with his little bottle 

Bill popped in a bit later and filled us in on some good news. Well, they don’t have ‘great news’ per say, but at least things are improving for them. With lots of research, brain-storming etc. on Roland’s part mostly, he and Bill were able to figure out how to get the slide in and the jacks up so they could pull out.

Still smiling through it all 💖

They came over to retrieve the food she was storing in our freezer before giving hugs goodbye. It hasn’t been pleasant here in Quartzsite for them but we are still grateful for the time we’ve spent with them. Nancy and I parted ways after working on the puzzle  and I made Bill and I bacon with poached eggs on toast.


I thought it might be a good idea to take the ‘kids’ to the bigger dog park so once I tracked Nancy down (heh heh) we drove over to let them play. 😊 There were a few other doggies there but Gibbs and Cooper mainly wanted to enjoy the new areas to sniff. Dogs will be dogs. We stayed maybe 30 minutes before loading the two panting little sweethearts into Black Beauty. They will probably sleep well now!

Gibbs

Gibbs, unknown pooch, Cooper

Appropriate, huh?
Not to be outdone, Cooper needs to 
claim his territory

Nancy called Cooper from far away
and look at that little gapher run to her!

The rest of the afternoon was pretty quiet except we heard from Lori that they would be held up for another week until Discount Solar could look at their problem. The only good thing about that is to hear that they’ve moved into the park beside us and can use their fridge and freezer. They’ll have a laundromat close at hand too so not quite so desolate. Hang in there, guys! We’re here if you need us.

A few last sniffs before going home

For supper, we cleaned up the lasagna. Well, I emptied the pan and yet couldn’t eat all that I put on my plate. It was too much so I saved some for another night for me. We turned the a/c off and opened windows at 6:30. The air outside had cooled off enough from the 83F/28C and that made it comfortable inside. 😊 We watched some of the Exotic Zoo program together and I set up the pvr to record a couple of my shows.


Bill walked over to Nancy's and Gibbs waited

It was a great day, a quiet evening and we’re thankful for both. 

We all watched the animals on the Zoo show
Good night!

Thank you for your visit!

8 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of problems your friends are having, I sure hope things look up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now wait ... I wasn't cheating on you with the puzzle! LOL. They had me checking out two days earlier, so I had to go pay the bill!! That was fun at the dog park. First time in about ten years that Cooper actually came when I called him! Love the fire hydrant picture. I'm so glad Bill and Roland figured out how to raise their jacks and get them moved to a park. Hoping Discount Solar can do their magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, okay okay. :) I loved having you work on it with me.
      It was fun at the dog park.
      I'm happy they got moved but wish it was better news for them.

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of Cooper running. Those ears! And Gibbs....always on duty. Thank God Roland, Lori and Bill are making progress with the various issues. Yesterday we reached 88! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was so endearing too. I wish I'd got one with Nancy on the other end waiting for him! :)

      Delete
  4. I read a number of blogs of RV'ers and it seems that this year has been tough on a lot of folks with their equipment. It's too bad because it has to make travelling less enjoyable. Hopefully all of your friends get their issues dealt with quickly and not to expensively.

    I'm hoping to open the windows in my house today as we're expecting reach 9 or 10C. Get some fresh air in here and air out the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, many tough breaks and that makes it stressful. :)
      I'm sure that was nice to be able to open windows.

      Delete