Monday, March 21, 2022

Another Quiet, Windy Day, Visiting a Sister

Park Place RV Resort,

It was Monday, Mar. 21st and yes, we are now into a new spring season. I forgot to mention it yesterday until after I’d published my blog. You all knew it anyway, after waiting for it through a winter of strange weather. 😊 Well, it’s here now and that means we're that much closer to summer! 

You can't SEE the wind, but you can  see the dust
blowing over the mountains already this morning

Gibbs, Bill and I walked out to see Nancy and Cooper off for their day’s adventure, wishing them a safe drive and hopes for a quick resolve in Lake Havasu. Gibbs and I carried on for our walk and although it was a warm 59F/15C, the winds were enough to make you dig your feet in! So much for our hair, both Gibbs and I had ours blowing in every direction. He loved it, I’m sure.

Yeah! This is our next puzzle.
Isn't it adorable?

Back home, I had a cup of tea and obviously with winds like this, Bill wasn’t going anywhere this morning. We just hung around home until 10:00 when I walked over to the puzzle. I slid it down to the end of the table in case others wished to see it finished and got another one out. This one will be easy but the picture is so cute that I figured Nancy will enjoy it if she is here over the next few days. I hope she is!

It's only 500 pcs. so won't take long

I completed the border and when pieces began falling into place too easily, I walked away at 11. Maybe I’ll do a few this afternoon but maybe I’ll wait until tomorrow. 😊 We just had some cheese bread for lunch and Bill went up for a snooze. Gibbs didn’t want to join him today, (Mama’s boy, Bill says) instead followed me around everywhere I went. He saw me getting washed up and likely thought I was going somewhere.

Driving into La Posa South, it is a different
view altogether than what we saw when we left

I worked a bit on my blog post and then took him for a walk. That was when we saw Nancy returned and she came inside to explain how things went for her. Bill and I went out to Gayle and John’s site at La Posa South for an early Happy Hour around 2. Gibbs looked after the Suite, where he is quite comfortable. We found their site out there in the desert quite easily, following their directions. Boy, what a change out there! There are a lot of open areas now and that’s not surprising, considering many will have already left for home.

In January this was jam-packed with rv's

We started by sitting outside (darn! I meant to get a picture of their set up) but when the wind gusts got outrageous, Gayle said “we’re going in!” We were all right on her heels to the comfortable indoors of their Montana. 😊 We briefly discussed and agreed upon some part of our journey home together but that was as far as we got. Neither of us are fully committed to any plans beyond April 10th. They have things they want to do before we meet but there is time to finalize.

The lasagna looks much better tonight
Maybe it just needed to sit in the fridge for a while LOL
Someone is tired right out again tonight
He actually ate 2 meals today, just not
quite on schedule. Could be the time change?

We were home by 4:30 and after taking Gibbs out, Bill popped over to see how Roland and Lori were doing today. I’m sure it is getting stressful for them so he’s going to commit to them tomorrow and see what they can figure out. The winds had not abated by 7 which is when I was writing this but they are supposedly calming around 8. We’ll see about that. G & J said last night was not a good night for them, battering in the wind out in the open desert.

Still windy, see the flag?

This was a good day, despite what we were dealing with in the weather department. It reached 75F/25C before it began to drop to the overnight temp of 55F/13C.

And we had a gorgeous sunset tonight
I love the fluttering bird flag that got
caught in this picture
Good night!

Thank you for stopping around!

18 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous sunset and the new puzzle is adorable!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can even do that puzzle. I was in Mesa today and no wind to speak of. Funny how it just seems like your area. Guess I'll have wait till Nancy's blog to get her story. 🙄 Watched NCIS tonight and I didn't know anyone. Been quite awhile since watching it. Beautiful 🌇.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny how the winds decide which area to hit. It was nasty here.
      We miss Gibbs but starting to like Parker. You should know McGhee.

      Delete
  3. It was crazy windy the entire trip to Havasu. I hate being pushed across the road! I thought you would have that puzzle finished!!! Your lasagne looks yummy and I agree ... it probably just needed to set up. Head rubs to Gibbs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about you driving in that wind. Glad it worked out ok.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sunset! I think I've read that the dust particles in the air has an impact on the color. I wonder if that is true.

    Hope all goes well for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are still enjoying the March Winds around the "Q". Next you'll have the heat of April.
    Supper truly looked tasty. That Puzzle is adorable.
    Glad to see the Ridge has cleared up awaiting your return.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no rush to go back to the cool north is there? Maybe our paths will cross somewhere in Texas or Oklahoma as we will going across there mid to late April. Hope everyone gets their RV issues sorted out. Say hi to Gayle and John for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have to cross until April 20th, not sure which direction we're going yet and may travel part way with Gayle and John. To be decided over the next few weeks. It would be great to see you again! I will pass your hello along. :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like the winds are crazy down there right now! Looks like a lot of people have cleared out to start their trek home. Happy Hour with your sister..priceless! Your lasagna looks oh so yummy again today! Gorgeous sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winds have been nuts these last few weeks, off and on.
      Many rv'ers have departed, sad but true.
      Thanks Shirley!

      Delete
  8. Jerry left the Phoenix area Sunday morning with great calm weather. But then he had to battle a strong head wind. It was slow going with not so great fuel mileage. He stopped for the night earlier than planned. Monday was a good travel day after Tehachapi. Today we are looking at 84....tomorrow 88!!! Sending prayers for Bill, Roland and Lori. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those winds would be tough to drive in, especially on busy interstates.Glad he made it back safely.
      Thanks for the prayers, our friends have been through a tough week and it's not over yet.

      Delete
  9. This has definitely been the windiest year Tom and I can remember. Now it looks like the real heat is coming our way and I am hoping some of this breeze stays with us...lol
    Nice to have this time to visit with your sister Gayle and John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we're never happy - too windy and then in the high temps, we pray some of it sticks around! ha ha You and I know that we are still very happy with this weather, because it beats the alternative. :)

      Delete