Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Pretty Quiet Day Here in Paradise

Park Place RV Resort

On Tuesday, Mar. 15th, things followed what has been our normal routine for the day. There’s nothing wrong with that, it isn’t monotonous since we did it for 30+ years in our working careers. This time, it’s much nicer with no alarm other than our inner alarm (+ a puppy dog) and no real pressing commitments. 😊

Well, this turned out pretty!

I still love seeing the saguaros off in the desert

Gibbs and I walked before it got hot although the 54F/13C sure felt warm! It was gorgeous! When we returned, Gibbs came back with yet another small rum bottle. He found it right away so I took it and tucked it in my pocket so he’d continue on our walk. He wanted to turn around and head for home right away. We made it around the residential block today, returning home at 8 and Bill was out the door soon after.

One of the residents has made a lovely display
of bird houses on their fence
I wonder if they are lived in?

I had thought it would be a good morning to go for my own walk after my tea. I sat with Gibbs and played my Wordle games before noticing that my phone was dying a slow death. It was at 22% and I wouldn’t go anywhere with it that low. So, I plugged it in, and dallied with Gibbs, watching him play with his little bottle. He makes me laugh, chewing it and then tossing it but always keeping an eye that Mom doesn’t try and take it away. With it in his mouth, I was able to snip a bit more of the straggling moustache pieces. I can be sneaky too!

Looking back to our park and the one next door
(the yellow building)

By the time my phone was charged to 50%, it was 10 o’clock and too hot to go for the long walk I’d planned. Another day I’ll go for sure. 😊 Instead, I made a coffee and went to work on the puzzle for an hour or so. Bill and I had bacon and eggs when I returned for lunch and we sat together in the coolness of the Suite. He and Gibbs dozed and I went as far as I could on my other Afghan, using up the last ball of wool. Now, I definitely need to buy more.

It's coming along!
Apparently, Rick, the host told his wife that I 
can't leave until it is finished. πŸ˜‚

I worked on the puzzle again for just shy of two hours and Gibbs and Bill were outside when I came back. It wasn’t as breezy today as yesterday so we didn’t open windows just yet. It reached the forecasted high of 88f/31C today. Inside at 4:30, I sorted laundry for tomorrow and then sat to work on my post for today. I debated: tea or beer margarita? Tea won out since I’m almost out of my mixed margarita. I need more lime juice to make another batch.

Chili on toast
My oh my, it was great!

For supper, I heated some of our chili and we had that on toasted buns. Just enough for both of us. We loaded the dishwasher and enjoyed the evening in front of the tv. This was another great day without too much going on, suiting us just fine. Oh, I did converse with our friends to arrive tomorrow and confirmed plans for tomorrow night’s supper. 😊 Looking forward to seeing them all again!

I'm Canadian so I can share this! 😊
Good night!

Thank you for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Love the uber joke. My youngest son Jim Ubers for extra cash. Right now i would enjoy a calm monotonous repetitve day. Enjoy while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ΓΌber joke!! :) Company coming yay! Sure you will enjoy that! Your chili looks yummy! Sure is getting warm there! IS this the rv park with the pool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to see fellow bloggers.
      No pool in any of the Quartzsite parks are open. No, there isn't one here at all.

      Delete
  3. It is indeed a sad day when you cannot go for a walk if your phone is not charged up. It is a shame how we have let these things invade and take over our lives. One wonders how we survived prior to say 1999.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long walk in the heat is not wise without water or a phone so not so sad. Fortunate to have advanced, i think. ☺ things definitely are changed.

      Delete
  4. The heat sounds lovely, though we are finally warming up. It's been melting here, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nicer than what you have! We'll enjoy it as long as possible. Glad you have a warming trend. πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  5. I love chili on toast!!! Glad the heat has found you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing who your guests will be. Forgive me if I posted this before. You took corn tortilla chips to the potluck. That's how I like to eat chili. I place the chili on top of the chips like nachos. Then cheese and sour cream. Yummy. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought of putting chili on toast! Will have to try it some time!

    betty

    ReplyDelete