Friday, March 11, 2022

A Wrap Up of a Quiet Day, Big Boy’s Birthday, Coming Unravelled

Park Place RV Resort

On Friday, Mar. 11th things pretty much followed the routine we’ve become used to. Up at 7:30, Gibbs and I get out for our walk, breakfast and then we do whatever we want. 

Gibbs is taking us all for the walk this morning
No sweater so you know it was above 40F/5C
Let's just follow

We sat around together, Bill taking care of insurance renewals back home and I began a short wrap up of what we’ve purchased this year. It’s early, yes, and we know we haven’t spent a lot this year but still like to be ahead of the game. We always risk the chance of being asked at the land border. It was windy already at 7:30 so Bill couldn't fly.

this is the short block and I'm
still following

While greeting his little lady friend,
they were both distracted by a big barking dog

I decided to stay home this morning with the boys instead of going over to start a new puzzle. At 12:30, I made a salmon wrap and Bill had a sandwich for lunch. 

My lunch today
I shared the clementines

Now it was time to wander over to the clubhouse where I put the finished puzzle away and opened up a new one. It was quiet in there, with Sue in the office. Sometimes she is chatty but today she stayed in the office mostly. That’s okay. 😊

Interesting staghorn cactus

I plugged away at the border pieces and did the best I could. This puzzle has quite a few of the questionable pieces that ‘could be’ border so it will take a while for the holes to fill in. After an hour and a half, before I started talking to myself, I left. It was only 2:30 so a good time to get to work on my afghan and see if I can finish it today. Gibbs and I went for a walk around the park and then I made a tea and sat on the couch where I could spread it out.

Bill looked out and saw these Gamble Quail couples
walking across our site
Mr. & Mrs., you can tell by their crowns

So adorable!

I was thankful that Gibbs went upstairs with his Daddy and slept on him for over an hour as it gave me time to work on it steady. I wasn’t too thankful for the mess the last ball of yarn was in! Sometimes, they pull out easily all the way from beginning to end. This one, not so much so I asked Bill to unravel it for me tonight. He’s good at it and has the patience while watching tv to get it rolled up in a nice little ball for me.

Gibbs fell asleep on my laptop and my lap 💓

Won't this be fun?

For supper, I coated 3 boneless chicken thighs and air fried them in Rosy. On the stove, I steamed my broccoli, fried leftover potatoes for Bill and cooked his corn in the microwave. Supper was excellent! The thighs were cooked perfectly and with the coating, they were so good. We loaded and turned the dishwasher on and Bill sat with the tangled wool.

Yummy supper!

While Bill works.............

and Gibbs behaved and just watched
He loves my wool 

I worked on my blog and that was when our daughter called from Alberta. It is Easton’s 3rd birthday today so it was a good time for her to place a video call. She has her hands full. We chatted for a bit, saw 2 sweet little faces and giggles from Easton and Hadley. It was nice to see them on screen, we're concerned about his card though that hasn't arrived. I can't remember when I sent it but we asked Jess to let us know when it arrives. This was a great day!

Happy Birthday, 3 year old!
We love you.💖

Good night y'all!

Thank you for your visit.

15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Easton! That salmon wrap sounds delicious!! I like the puzzle you'll be starting!! Again, love the quail! So jealous you get to see them on a regular basis!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for Easton's wishes.The salmon wrap is very basic but tasty all the same. :)
      The quail are making more appearances lately so I'm happy about that.

      Delete
  2. That Bill is a keeper. How many husbands would patiently unravel a ball of yarn for his wife. Didn't get to show Nick a Gambel Quail. Heard a few but didn't see them. We did see a Roadrunner cross the road though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I have to agree about Bill. ♥
      Nick will have to settle for the video I guess. :) Lucky you seeing a Roadrunner though!

      Delete
  3. It's finally warming up enough for the quail to come out. Cute they are. That Gibbs ... falling asleep on your computer?? Untangling yarn is a good TV watching exercise. Nice of Bill to work on it for you!! Can't wait to see your finished afghan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if that was why the quail were making more appearances. Yay!
      Don't expect much, the afghan is very plain. :)

      Delete
  4. Haha just thinking Ken will do a lot of things but untangling yarn wouldn't be one of them. He's always got things wrapped perfectly where my things are in a mess (ex. curling iron wire) LOL...Love the quail, especially when there's babies in the mix! Happy Birthday Easton!! Gosh darn he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling Ken WOULD unravel yarn for you if you needed it. He's a keeper also. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to Easton! He's a big boy now.

    I like that puzzle - have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes, Easton is growing so fast.
      I think this puzzle will be a challenge for me so that's good.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Easton. So handsome! Elva

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you got a video call so you could say Happy Birthday Easton (we have a nephew with the same name).

    Harvey has no patience when it comes to my yarn so I usually end up detangling it myself. Kudos to Bill cause I know how bad it can be.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice of Jess to call to see the little happy fellow. :)
      Kudos to Bill indeed. He is very good at finicky stuff like that.

      Delete
  8. What kind of coating did you put on the chicken thighs? I've just gotten an air fryer so am still experimenting. Your supper looks good!

    ReplyDelete