Saturday, March 26, 2022

Repeat, Let’s Do it Again

Park Place RV

Saturday, Mar. 26th started off the same as any other day. We were up at 7:30, Gibbs and I walked around the residential block and Bill took his drone to the flying field. Yesterday, he took pictures here in the park and they turned out really good. This reminded me again of how much I enjoy his drone, even though I’m not interested in doing the flying. 😊

We might be thankful for these clouds
when the temperature soars later in the day

So, this morning he didn’t go to fly a plane, but rather to fly his drone and take pictures of the field. While he was gone, Gibbs and I hung about at home with windows open. So far, the air coming in from outside was refreshing but it wasn’t going to last long. We had the a/c turned on set to 73F/23C and when he returned around 10, we closed things up and let it kick on.

Dare I say that this is an easy one? πŸ˜‚

The forecast today was to reach a high of 97F/36C, so we wanted to start early. We had a coffee together and I walked over to the clubhouse. The a/c wasn’t turned on in there and it was quite warm inside. Sue didn’t seem to think the same, having the outside door open. After about an hour, I had done enough and had had enough heat, so I walked home before lunch. 😊

Schatzi at Happy Hour, trying to keep cool too

It felt wonderful in our Suite so I settled in and finished my book. It was a page turner. We were having a bite to eat for lunch when our friends from Guelph called. They were coming through Quartzsite and we’ve been talking all winter about meeting up, however briefly, if the opportunity arose. This was the time so Bill gave them directions to the lot across the corner from us and we drove over.

She's such a tiny little pipsqueak 
Both Lori and I were pleasantly surprised when she
walked right up for me to pet her
She remembered that I came yesterday, I think

It was great to see Wanda and Michael again and their two spaniels. I think they are spaniels although they look very much like our Gibbs. It was very hot standing out in the heat of the sun so I’m glad I wore my hat. Actually, Michael and Bill did as well. We chatted for about 20 minutes, catching up on each other’s directions over the next few weeks, and they were on their way.

L to R
Lori, my chair, Bill, Dave, Roland, Darlene
Schatzi, a little ham like Gibbs in the middle
Gibbs stayed home in the a/c

We made a phone call back home to our friends, Jeff and Joan, at 3 and then headed over to Roland and Lori’s for Happy Hour. When we pulled in, they had company and it turns out that we got to meet another couple of their friends from Dryden. πŸ˜‰ It’s nice they have many friends around them. Things just might be looking up for them but I won’t jinx anything by saying a word. Just keeping my fingers crossed and prayers close at hand.

It wouldn't win a magazine photo contest but
it hit the spot and was tasty enough!

We had a nice visit sitting outside and the breeze made it bearable. I was still sticking to my chair, yet I believe it is a good idea to get used to some of the heat outside. I really don’t like relying on the a/c but with these temperatures, that is exactly what we’re doing. For Gibbs’ sake and our comfort, shucks, we’ll live with it. 😊 😊

Bill opted for beans and toast

We came home around 5:30 and neither of us wanted to put much effort into supper. The heat affects our hunger too. I reheated my leftover carrots and enchilada supper from Garcia’s and Bill warmed some brown beans on toast. We were both filled up and once more I was glad that we were using the dishwasher instead of by hand. It’s just a perk that we are enjoying.

Last year, at home on the Ridge
it was a dry day

Now I needed to find a new book so dug out one that Gayle has recently given me to read. It’s called The Secret Place by Tana French. I doubt it will be as gripping as the one I just finished but as long as it is an interesting story, I’ll give it a chance. 😊 This has been a good day.

We're hoping this year, we go home to a similar
view
Mar. 26, 2021

Good night!

Thank you for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. 97 ??????? Yikes!! I guess I got out just in time. I doubt my AC units would have kept anything cool! I have a roll of reflectix on order to do some insulating. Good job on the puzzle ... you're making me look bad!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you probably did get out on time. :)
      Bill is talking about getting the foil window coverings for a couple of our windows. I'm undecided, Gibbs and I want to be able to see out. :(
      I could NEVER make you look bad!!♥

      Delete
  2. Yes, it was a warm Saturday. Great you got to spend time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have friends visit, just 97 is too hot for me to be outside! LOL. Nice to have a/c for sure. Ridge pics look awesome from last year, hoping it looks like that when you get home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. Yup, a wee bit on the 'too' hot side for us too. :)

      Delete
  4. 97 degrees, sunshine and happy hour with friends. Sounds like a happy camping day in Arizona. Enjoy and be extra thankful you didn't have to spend the winter in Canada. Yes, repeat and repeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are extra thankful every day, wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my, that was a warm day! Sounds like a good one though with lots of friends and activities you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 90's are just a little hotter then I like it. Always nice to have friends you have not seen in a while stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit too hot for us as well but at home 90 would be worse with the humidity. :0

      Delete