Thursday, March 24, 2022

So Long, Nancy! ☹ Lunch, a Tour & Shopping in Blythe

Park Place RV Resort

On Thursday, Mar. 24th we were up early. Gibbs woke us around 6:45 so we all got up. We didn’t want to miss seeing Nancy pull out, we hadn’t got our goodbye hugs yet.   We were just on time too! She’s an early bird. 

A beauty of a morning it is!

Gibbs and I put our walk off until after we’d all said so long to Johnathan, Cooper (the little sweet cheeks) and our friend. It has been great spending so much time with them this winter and now look forward to next time!

Goodbye Johnathan
I'm sure his response was Goodbye Pat!

My picture of Cooper in the truck seems
appropriate, the little angel ♥



I didn’t walk far with Gibbs; we were all tired. Not just from waking up so early but from being woke up at 1 am by a couple of rv’ers down the row outside in a very loud conversation. With my little window open, Gibbs heard it, then Bill and I heard it. Not sure if it was all in anger, partying mode or what but there were some raised voices indeed. Finally, it settled down, about 20 minutes later and we dropped back off to sleep. 😊

And Goodbye Nancy
See Cooper in the truck? 💗

There was no flying this morning for Bill and no puzzle making for me but instead, we hopped in Gayle and John’s truck for a drive to Blythe. 

The drive is always pretty
I love the mountain colours

First, we had a bite at Garcia’s since we hadn’t eaten. I think Bill had cereal at 7 and was ready for lunch anyway. It was a ‘seat of the pants’ action as we’d not eaten there before. Let me tell you, it was totally worth it and we’d go again in a heartbeat. Quick service and delicious hot food.

We made a great choice for lunch

My meal was a 2 chicken enchilada combo

We left there and John drove out to the Midland LTVA since Bill and I have heard about it but never been. If we were planning on any boondocking in the future, it wouldn’t be a bad spot to be for privacy. No water service though you can dump right there before you leave. 

Our first visit to Midland LTVA

Back into Blythe, we all did our grocery shopping at Albertson’s. I had the app downloaded, as did Gayle, so we each saved some $ on their in-store specials.


We were home within 4 hours of leaving so that wasn’t too long for Gibbs to be home alone. The a/c was keeping the Suite cool and he was quite happy despite running out when G & J arrived to pick us up! That was a bit of a chase, he wasn’t keen on following us back into the rv. He’s onto all of our tricks but eventually he ran back in and took his ‘look after the house’ treat, thank goodness! 😊


That spot where the rv is, is the site location
where friends of Gayle and Johns' usually camp
They didn't come south this year
Looks like a good spot!

He was a good boy and after we unloaded the groceries, we all sat and relaxed. It was nice not to have anything else going on so I was able to start a new book. This one is Lee Child’s Blue Moon, a Jack Reacher story that John gave us. Hooked on the first page, that is normal for Lee. I made a tea around 4:30 and that was when I checked my phone for messages. I turn the volume down so the Scrabble notifications don't drive me nuts.

We stopped at the entrance to check out the books
at the exchange shelf
Strange, eh? Obviously, an area that gets little rain
but the sun and heat does a number on the books if
they sit there too long
Gayle found one to take away

Unfortunately, it meant I was late getting Nancy’s message that she was safe at her first destination. I’m sure she’ll fill you in if you check her blog tomorrow. The temperature has reached a whelping 89F/32C with even higher temps for the next 3 days. Guess who will be running a/c? 😊 Supper was simple, after such a big lunch we didn’t need much.

These multi-layered mountains, of which I don't know their name,
make for a pretty picture

Bill made himself a toasted tomato sandwich and I reheated the last of the lasagna, which was a small portion. There were a couple of small pieces of the roast beef left that I added to my meal plus a couple of pieces of Tillamook cheddar and some black olives. How's that for a supper? It worked for me and cleaned up a couple of dishes from the fridge.

I had a flashback of home when I saw this hayfield

We loaded the dishwasher and watched some tv. I had a couple of programs to watch and chose that over reading more of my book. This was a good day, we had a nice lunch out with family and restocked the fridge. I hope you have enjoyed your day!

Dome Rock, I assume
Good night y'all!

Thank you for the pop in to see what we’re up to. Comments are always welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Today was warm enough with just enough of a breeze to keep it enjoyable siting outside and being inside. I hope I will be thinking that the next couple of days...lol Sounds like you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you both and Gayle and John are thinking that too! I don't envy you!

      Delete
  2. I'm a pushover for Mexican food. That looks delicious!! Midland looks good for earlier in the year. I think I need my AC, although Jon is happy being warm! It was a hard trip, with another 3-1/2 hours to go this morning. Sorry to hear about the loud noise at 1 am. What's wrong with those people???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious food, we'll go back.
      I'm feeling wimpy, needing a/c too!
      I'm surprised you didn't hear the noise, it was right across from you.

      Delete
  3. Now you've got me craving Mexican food! YUM!! How nice to spend time with Gayle and John! Looks like a nice area, don't think we've been. Sounds like a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, woops!
      It was a good day together. For boondockers, short term (water is not available) it would be great!

      Delete