Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Hot Day in Quartzsite, Finished Another Puzzle

Park Place RV Resort

On Wednesday, Mar. 23rd the early morning heat would have had Gibbs and I out without jackets although I didn’t have pockets in my shorts. Hmm, I carry my phone and small camera so slipped on my lightweight windbreaker even though it wasn’t necessary. 😊 It was a warm walk and with Gibbs, it is never a slow one. He sniffs quickly and moves on, in most cases at a pretty fast pace.

On our walk, we saw the new location
of the Alliance
Good morning, Lori and Roland!

When we returned home, Bill was soon out the door. Today, no flying but instead the boys were meeting at the club’s Hangar to help Jim move a few things around for summer storage. Gibbs hasn’t got back to his routine of eating breakfast when we walk in the door yet so I left him with it around 9:15 and walked to the clubhouse. Bill suggested trying the day with windows open instead of a/c so with a forecasted high of 82F/28C and a breeze, I agreed.

Here's a deep statement
I love it!

Nancy met me as soon as I walked out the door and we worked on the puzzle for almost 2 hours, finishing it before we left. 😊 We make a good team! We both admitted to perhaps a little cockiness when we first started it. “Oh, this will be easy!”, me more than her, I admit. It wasn’t as easy after all but still a good challenge and it still didn’t take long.

Cute puzzle, another one going home to family

The Wednesday coffee hour that takes place in the clubhouse was taking place and our neighbours across the road, Joe and Myla, were leaving this afternoon. A lot of “goodbye”’s and “see you this fall!” It is definitely a community here for the regulars and some of them probably have more friends here than they do back home. 😊 Bill and I have great friends in both places and we feel blessed.

It was much nicer sitting outside than in today

For lunch, I wasn’t hungry and I told Bill that I wasn’t cooking regardless. He had a sandwich and I had some tortilla chips with my homemade dip. Oh, and half a pink grapefruit. He brought 3 lovely ones back from Jim’s this morning and said there were more if I wanted them. Yum, they aren’t on my ‘can’t eat’ list but they are on his because he’s taking a cholesterol medication.

Let's a step back in time since I don't have many pictures from today
This is Amarillo, Texas truck stop
March 23, 2017 (our first winter)

Since we’d finished the puzzle, there was no need to go back to the clubhouse. I took a drive to Family Dollar to pick up some black pepper, figuring it would be cheaper there than anywhere else. That trip cost me $29 as I found a few other things that are either a decent price or hard to find anywhere else. Bill’s Nutter Butters, for example! Who’d think that is who would have them? He’s happy.

And one more of our other little bum
He had no idea what he was getting into!
Mar. 23, 2017

There was some regret that we didn’t have the a/c on but only on my part. I wasn’t about to turn it on at 2 pm and let it run and run to try and catch up so just relaxed in my chair with my book. It wasn’t too bad then. Gibbs slept and Bill was upstairs watching tv. The Little Ugly Boy book sure had me flipping pages to get to the end. It was different but an expansion of my history lessons from childhood of Neanderthals. This book taught me more. 😊 I enjoyed it very much.

Later in the afternoon,
Gibbs was entertained with his water bottle
from this morning's walk

For supper tonight, we’d planned salmon and fries. The heat keeps my hunger at bay so I will just have a vegetable with mine and that will be sufficient. I skipped the afternoon tea today, for the same reason, and drank water instead. Lots of it. Nancy popped over for a visit this afternoon and we sat outside with Gibbs, where it was nice in the shade with a breeze. She pulls out tomorrow for home so we’ll miss her and Cooper. Oh, and Johnathan too.

Supper was yummy

I suggested barbecuing the salmon for a change, since that is how my sister does it back home and she loves her salmon! Bill cooked the fries in our Fry Daddy and I reheated some candied carrots from the freezer. They were leftover from Thanksgiving’s dinner in October! 😊 Supper was ready in no time and the salmon was perfect in just a few minutes. I’ll remember that.

And then last year, we were back home with
a clear driveway

We decided to watch The Natural and record Good Sam just because we love the movie so much. This was a good day! Happy Birthday to our friend and fellow blogger, Marlene. Happy to hear it was a great day, spoiled as you should be.

And at home, this female cardinal made a sweet picture
Good night!

Thank you all for stopping in.

10 comments:

  1. I’ve had great fun here thanks to you guys!! And of course the ever happy Gibbs!!! That kid just cracks me up. Can’t wait to see you again next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puzzle came out looking good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like some real heat is going to be with us over the weekend. We may have some regrets about not being in a RV Park...lol Hope Lori and Roland's problems are fixed soon. Great sign. Dinner looked good, plus, it reminded me to pick up some salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i admit to being happy to have hookups this week again.
      The salmon was yummy.

      Delete
  4. Did you wrap the salmon in foil or just put it with the skin side down? Just looking for a tip as I have not barbecued salmon yet. That is a good statement on that RV billboard and we need to be reminded of it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skin side down in foil with olive oil and spices. It only took about 12 minutes without turning.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good day, I look forward to the weather when I can spend most of the day outdoors.

    The puzzle is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete