Saturday, March 12, 2022

Another Little Boy’s Birthday, Yard Sale

Park Place RV Resort

On Saturday, Mar. 12th, we woke to a special day in our household. Someone turns one year old! So, Gibbs and I went for a walk at 7:30 and returned home by 8. I know there are puppy dog birthday cake recipes but I was missing one of the key ingredients. 😊 Yes, he would probably love it, a cake all to himself!

Happy 1st Birthday, Leroy Gethro Gibbs!
This is the day we brought him home at 8 weeks

Bill left for the flying field at 8:15 and soon after, I left Gibbs in charge and walked over to Arizona Sun RV Park behind us to see what exactly their Yard Sale looked like. It was typical of most rv parks where each site owner can put stuff out, likely a no commitment kind of thing. I walked around the whole park and found 5 or 6 sites had stuff set out. Some went to a lot of effort for the 4-hour sale. 😊

This morning, the 1 year old found a 
Parrot Bay rum bottle on our walk 👀

As for my purchases, only 2 items came home. A good pair of the ‘genuine’ Crocs, just the right size, and a new pair of rust-coloured capris, just the right size, all for the grand total of $3. Nothing else caught my eye enough to bring my wallet out of my purse. At one booth, a lady gave me a pack of 2 rawhide bones for Gibbs so that would be a nice birthday gift for him and keep him busy for a while. 😊

On the way to the yard sale, I could hear this
Gamble Quail before I saw him
Up in the tree? That's rare
Someone said he was the scout for the rest of his group

I left the birthday boy home at 10:30 and walked over to work on the puzzle. Not one side of the border went together yesterday so I needed to try and get that done at least. It didn’t take too long to find 3 of the missing pieces and now the border is ¾ complete. I worked away on the pickup trucks in the picture and part of the sky. At 11:30, it was a nice surprise when Bill walked in and we walked home together.

The puzzle Joe and Myla gave me
Told you that I've made a name for myself here

Gibbs didn’t make a sound,no barking when we came in, trying hard to be a good boy on his special day. We had a cold lunch, sandwich and a wrap, and because we were expecting Ted and his wife (flying friends of Bills) at 1:30, I stayed home. She needs some help with the ArriveCan app so Bill is going to try and help. No point in here getting too stressed about it if someone can lend a hand. 😊 Bill was outside when Joe brought over a 500-pc. puzzle for me. It’s beautiful and should be mind-wrecking!

Back to a picture of some of Gibbs' firsts

The day is hot already at 1 o’clock, winds have picked up a bit and it is 74F/24C.  Lovely day! As planned, Ted and Sue arrived and Bill sat with Sue to help her get the app on her phone. I put Gibbs on his leash outside and he sat on the step listening to us. Sorry, little bum, this needs to be quiet time inside. Ted and I sat in the recliners and got to know each other. What a nice man. They both are very nice and we had a few laughs in the process.


Fish and chips for supper

It was probably an hour and a half later that they said goodbye and I went to work on the puzzle for an hour until closing. I accomplished a bit more before returning home for a Beer margarita. Yum. I didn’t make them as strong as I have in the past so I am enjoying them much more. I’ll remember that for next time, I don’t need to have one drink put me under the table. 😊

And another, we were already in love

Well, it’s done! My afghan got finished last night, with some thanks to Bill. On the last row, I had to get a bit creative to make the wool last for the final stitches. I turned 5 into 10 by switching from the triple DC (crochet speak) to single DC and it worked out perfect. Only serious crafters would notice. I was happy it was done but it was late and I didn’t take the time to stretch it out on the bed for a picture. I’ll do that another day when Gibbs won’t be close enough to jump up on it.

Our birthday boy asleep on Daddy upstairs
with his favourite rope firmly in his mouth 💖💖💖

This was yesterday

We went for a walk, the little guy and I, before I came back for another margarita. I got out the original blanket I started working on and used up the last ball of chunky wool that I have. When we get back to Yuma, I’ll be searching for something else to match so I can finish it. If not here, then at home. For supper, we had fish and chips. Fish in the oven and fries in the Fry Daddy. They were quite good and I even had a few fries for a change.

Although our view is not as pretty as others
it is a pretty sky 

After turning the dishwasher on, Bill had his shower and I worked on my blog. This has been a great day and we have many more hot days to come. Yay! I chatted back and forth with our friends, Deb and Tom, and are excited to be making plans for a Happy Hour or two with them in the near future. 😊

Good night!


Thank you for stopping in!

22 comments:

  1. We call that yarn chicken, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do all my fries in my Air Fryer now. Love them this way and no oil required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to sweet Gibbs. 🎂

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Gibbs!!! Boy has he grown in the last year!! He sure was lucky when it came to finding his new parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Gibbs! He is such a cutie! Even though I don't like fish your dinner looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Gibbs! Sounded like it was a nice day for him and you and your husband! That peacock puzzle will be interesting to put together! When we lived in Prescott and I got to see a lot of quail, I would "study" them lol. If they perceived danger, they would be still, hiding under bushes and the like, for up to 45 minutes sometimes. Then one would venture out and the rest would follow. I just love those birds :) Enjoy the warmth that is coming in the next week temperature wise. I'm so looking forward to it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ☺
      Interesting about the quail. Our nature critters are so smart and need to be to stay safe.
      The heat is here to stay, i think. 😊

      Delete
  7. Another wonderful day! How nice to have some of the happy hour group close by. Looks like Gibbs enjoyed his birthday. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell Deb I miss her posts. I hope everything is OK and that she is just tired of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. Things are OK for them. Dental stuff happening so they are busy.

      Delete
    2. Patsy is right. Things are okay but Tom has had a lot of dental stuff going on. Plus, I just have not been able to get myself in gear. Thank you for asking.

      Patsy, we are looking forward to a couple of Happy Hours, also...yay!
      Congratulations on finishing your blanket.
      Happy Birthday, Gibbs!

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday Gibbs! My goodness the year has flown by.
    We had the same dinner this evening. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for letting me know about Deb and Tom. I enjoy reading her posts

    ReplyDelete