Monday, March 28, 2022

Breaking Bread with Friends and Family, Farewells are Bittersweet, Haircut

Park Place RV

Monday, Mar. 28th the day started out pretty much normally. It was warmer still for our early walk, 72F/22C, so my little spaghetti strap top was quite enough this morning. 😊 No new doggies to meet today so we covered our regular mid-block stretch and returned home. Bill wasn’t going anywhere; he’s done flying for this trip and has started packing his planes, batteries etc. away.

Good morning!

The sky wasn’t clear by any means this morning, with clouds in various states hovering all around the horizons. There were enough winds to warrant opening windows and with the forecasted high of 81F/25C, we might get away without putting the a/c on for the most part of the day. We stayed home with Gibbs until 10:45 when we drove to Mountain Quail Café on N. Moon Mountain Rd to meet a few people at 11.

The mountains behind Quartzsite (southwest)
looked strangely beautiful this morning
Different shades from the sun and clouds
The close up shows the terrain and also that white spot that I
knew for sure wasn't snow



Warmest morning walk yet 💓


How warm is it? you say
My coconut oil is pure liquid these days

Tom and Deb pulled in directly ahead of us and after we got a table for 6, Gayle and John walked in. It was a farewell goodbye to our friends of the Stinger ‘B’. They were leaving the desert area tomorrow morning. We had a great brunch, most of us ordering breakfast and John ordering lunch.
😊 It was good conversation, some laughs ending with a few pictures and a great attempt (& success!) at Deb’s selfie.

I had the Quickie, no explanation other than it sounded good 😁
It said 1/2 biscuit and gravy but I'd hate to see a full order!
Eggs over easy, bacon but too much biscuit
It was very good though!

I had to get a picture of the Youpers
Safe travels you two! It has been great spending time with you! 💗

After hugs, we parted ways and Bill and I returned home to Gibbs who is always happy to see us. To see anyone, actually. Around 1, I walked over and finished the puzzle before returning home at 2. Our friends, Lori and Roland, contacted us to see if they could pop in for another farewell at 2:30 so we were happy to be able to see them once more as well. Gibbs was Gibbs and they didn’t seem to mind his pestering, bless their ’s.

That started a round of picture-taking
I couldn't choose, John was being silly
so had to post them all
My sister, Gayle and her hubby

They hope to be off tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest as well, towards their home journey travels. We Ontariens all have different dates for Canada crossing, depending on our travel insurance coverage so individually make plans accordingly. We are just thrilled that we no longer need to have a Covid-19 test before changing countries. 😊 Yay!

Gibbs relaxing with his Daddy
first time he's sat with his head on Bill's 💖

At 3 o’clock, I hopped into Black Beauty and drove slowly to my hair appointment across town. I waited until 3:20 before walking in to see one finishing up and surprised that another client was waiting. Hers wasn’t for a hair appt. but of a more personal nature so it wasn’t a long wait past my time at all. This time, I asked for a wash as well since it was the same price with or without it. Get what I can for my buck!

Most likely the last puzzle this season!
But no promises!

Another lady came in just as we started so maybe Sandra felt rushed when we finished as she didn’t show me the back of my cut. I wish she had because she didn’t seem to understand what I wanted done. She did a nice job on the sides and front but Bill pointed out that the back looked ‘odd’. Yah, looking in my own mirror at home, I had to agree. Darn! I wanted more of a shag look at the bag, not such long pieces but she missed the mark today.

Still uncertain skies around us
Lots of dust blowing around though
Inside too!

Oh well, as long as he isn’t embarrassed to walk with me, I’ll live with it. It isn’t terrible by any means but I may have to refrain from taking the scissors to it myself to even it out. LOL We all know I’m not shy of doing that! I made myself a cup of tea today, since it wasn’t so hot. I had mixed up a new batch of Beer Margaritas yesterday but it didn’t feel like a margarita day.

Another farewell to these wonderful friends
until we meet again 💗
Wishing them only good things from here on in

When we returned home from the café, we turned the a/c off again (had it on for Gibbs) and opened all the windows. Mind you, that just adds to the dust in here but we don’t fret about that too much. It was quite nice inside with the breeze, strong as it was, coming in all sides of the Suite. I started my blog post and then sat with my book. Bill dozed in his chair and Gibbs dozed on the floor, so I read a bit more in my ‘not as thrilling as the last time’ book. 😊

A filling meal tonight

For supper, we had mac and cheese spirals, wieners and I had some broccoli. Filling, maybe more than we needed but I knew we had to have something. If not in my tummy, I felt it in my head like a headache coming on. After loading the dishwasher was loaded and turned on, I sat to finish my blog. We had programs recording but no point in turning them on until I was finished. It delays my work!

A sister back home posted this today
I had to share the chuckle

This was another great day. I won’t be starting a new puzzle with just 3 days left……..UNLESS Rick and Patty don’t mind one started on the table. They may plug away at it although they don’t when I’m working on one. ???  We got a few drops of rain, a couple of times today but you could probably count them if you were into doing that. More expected overnight but then again……it’s Arizona.

Gayle took this one, my name is on it only because I
run it through Picasa for my watermark
Good night!

Thank you for your visit!

21 comments:

  1. So what is that white mark on the mountain? I never saw it myself before. We feel like you that we will be the ones that get to turn out the lights and lock the gate when we leave. Every day we say goodbye to more friends. My old boss used to say there is only 2 weeks difference between a bad hair cut and a good one!!! Great pictures of everyone especially John and Gayle. I saw a different side of them in the pictures that we did not get to witness in the short time we spent with them in the fall. Looking forward to more laughs with them and everyone else next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Lorne. :) Not sure what that white is on the mountain. Probably Doug and Nick, the climbers, could answer it!!
      It is sad to see people leave, this is the longest we've stayed. New territory for us. :)
      Gayle and John are often more on the serious side so it is nice to see them let their hair down.

      Delete
  2. It certainly was fun getting together for breakfast this morning. A nice way to wrap up our time here. I am still giggling about the "Goose Convoy" as I type this. Take care and safe travels. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad breakfast worked, thanks for suggesting it. :)
      That goose convoy was cute!

      Delete
  3. It's nice to get together with friends, but also sad to see them all leave. I had a good laugh at the Canada Geese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have been too cold at 22 C for spaghetti strap top for me! I think 28 C would be fine. I had to look up biscuit and gravy, this breakfast sounded so unusual. We have biscuits with hot drinks like coffee, tea or just to nibble but never with gravy like a meal. It looks quite a full meal with the bacon and egg. I dislike saying good byes so it must have been sad to see everyone going on their journeys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny what we get used to in temperatures?
      Biscuit and gravy is not something we eat in Canada either which is guy Gayle and I had it. The gravy is like a mushroom creamed gravy. :)

      Delete
  5. It's always hard saying goodbye, but hope always remains for future meetings. Packing up and heading home is always good and bad, isn't it?
    Biscuits and gravy is very popular in the southeast, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, etc. A white sausage gravy seems to smother every breakfast food they serve. Lol.
    Stay safe!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it is Bill and I that are leaving first. It is quite different being the ones behind, we've never been here so late.
      We don't have the biscuits and gravy back home but nice for a change. :)
      Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I'm laughing about the goose convoy all heading back North!! It was so nice meeting everyone ... hoping we can all get together again next year!! Hey ... just cut the back of your hair yourself ... I do it all the time!! It seems my gal never cuts the back the same twice. Love those head shots of Gibbs ... he's such a card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you give yourself layers at the back? I probably can but would feel better doing it on the Ridge where no one sees me just in case!! haha

      Delete
  7. Time flies when you're having fun! Nice that you were able to get together with so many friends before the transition back to Canada starts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very happy to be able to say a proper goodbye to our friends. Sad to see them go but soon we'll be doing it too.

      Delete
  8. Oh your breakfast is right up my alley! Grew up on biscuits and gravy!! What a great gathering. Hard to believe everyone is heading home already. Hope you're taking your time and not rushing! John and Gayle are awful cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very filling breakfast! :)
      Most Canadians have travel insurance only until mid April and for some of us, we have come close to using up our 180 days. Time to head home. :(

      Delete
  9. Really liked the goose convoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gibbs is getting so big. He is so grown up now.

    I am glad you got to say farewell to all your friends.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you've had a great time this winter and have had a chance to visit with friends and fellow bloggers to boot, but I'll bet you're starting to get the itch to get back to the Ridge. Gibbs, the snuggle-bunny, lol. That supper looked just right, comfort food!

    ReplyDelete